Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, the more info I can get like this, the better. I'd love to record the phone call when I tell him the 90 things that are wrong with what he is claiming. Repped
In the item description, he never says they are the Lebron X "+" Gold Medal. Even the listing title does not have the "+" in it.

I am not so sure you will be able to prove they are not 100% authentic because he will argue that this is not the "+" enabled version, as indicated in his listing, which grants him leeway for his "sample" claim.

Also, what price did you end up getting them for? If you got them for less than retail, especially off of eBay, I don't know who you are trying to fool...

Different color white....
Different air bags.....
Different lace colors.....
Different flags?! ......

File a claim on him, asap. Them thangs screams FAKE. Homie should be ashamed of himself for even arguing with you.
He lucky it ain't me. I'd be purchasing plane tickets to meet up with that ***.

Even if he listed them as NOT being + enabled.....what does that have to do with the shoe being completely different?

Last edited:
It's illegal to even send them back to the seller. Two different dudes tried to sell fake elite miami vices. I sent pictures and detailed information stating the differences, along with photos of the real shoes to compare. The case was found in my favor and I was told to distort the shoes and sign a legal document stating as such. This guy is a lying scumbag out to defraud sneaker lovers. Fight the case and refuse to send back to the seller. Request to return them to Nike for disposal if they don't give you the option. You'll be out of your money for 7-21 days but you'll get it back

In the item description, he never says they are the Lebron X "+" Gold Medal. Even the listing title does not have the "+" in it.

I am not so sure you will be able to prove they are not 100% authentic because he will argue that this is not the "+" enabled version, as indicated in his listing, which grants him leeway for his "sample" claim.

Also, what price did you end up getting them for? If you got them for less than retail, especially off of eBay, I don't know who you are trying to fool...

These semantics never hold up, he lists several trademarked technologies in his listing, this shoe has none of those. You can't have Nike Lebron X shoes, say they are 100% authentic and have them not made by Nike. No matter how he words it, he is in the wrong, the shoes are fake, end of story.

you mean to tell me you couldn't tell they were fake from the 2nd picture??? It looks like the shoe was cut then sewn back together. Not only that the sewing is more crooked then a christian politician. Then the flywire, you can see through the shoe. Man good luck bro. Do all you can to get your money back. Id file a small claim on his *** or even make it criminal. Thats fed time right there

Those are awful fakes...the flags on the inner sole arent even close. anyhow file the item not as described claim thru paypal and put reason as counterfeit. they cant make you mail them back because they are counterfeit. paypal will ask him for proof of his purchase and he wont have it and they should side in your favor. money will be returned thru paypal after 10 days. just went thru exact same situation on some jordan 7s from ebay seller shortylax. hit me up on pm if u need any advice.

Those are awful fakes...the flags on the inner sole arent even close. anyhow file the item not as described claim thru paypal and put reason as counterfeit. they cant make you mail them back because they are counterfeit. paypal will ask him for proof of his purchase and he wont have it and they should side in your favor. money will be returned thru paypal after 10 days. just went thru exact same situation on some jordan 7s from ebay seller shortylax. hit me up on pm if u need any advice.

Basically yes! Just start the claim with PayPal and they'll freeze the funds in his account so he doesn't have access to them. I've had to do this before. I also called Customer Service to start the claim. I carefully and calmly explained the situation over the phone as the rep started the claim and he was making all kinds of notes in the account. Was a fairly easy process and as long as you follow protocol for this kind of thing it should be a slam dunk no brainer. Keep us posted...

Ok guys, please help me out with this situation. I'll be the first to say it, that I'm an idiot for believing these were real at the time. I was in a rush to double up on these for a good price, I should have seen the red flags now that I look back on it. But even saying that, I still think the seller is wrong here and should take these back/pay for my shipping.
First of all, here are a few of the photos he listed in the eBay auction.
This was the description:
** Nike Lebron 10 “Gold Medal” Size 13 **
For those who don't know these are the shoes LeBron wore in the Gold Medal Game this past Summer Olympics.
The Nike LeBron X basketball shoe includes Flywire technology tightens during quick cuts and sudden changes of direction, enhancing support and lockdown when you need it. Hyperfuse construction provides lightweight breathability, durability, and stability. A full-length, visible Nike Zoom unit delivers a perfect combination of impact protection and responsiveness. Lightweight Phylon midsole adds another layer of cushioning and comfort. Solid rubber outsole with modified herringbone pattern.
Worn 3 Times these do not include the nike + or Box.
100% Authentic or money back.
========================================================
Here are some actual photos of the shoes next to my DS Authentic pair from NTNYC. (size 14 though)
Guide:
Top Left = Right Foot FAKE (sz 13)
Bottom Left = Left Foot AUTHENTIC (sz 14)
Top Right = Left Foot Authentic Pressure (sz 13)
Middle Right = Left Foot FAKE (sz 13)
Bottom Right = Left Foot AUTHENTIC (sz 14)
THESE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE SAME SIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!
As you can all clearly tell, there are a TON of things wrong with these "GMs"...So I shoot the guy a message on eBay telling him that they are fake and requesting that he pays to ship them back and refund my money since it clearly said in his ad that they were 100% authentic or "money back".
He responds to my message with:
Hello Sir, these LeBron's are not fake in no way shape or form. If you would like to call me with any questions please do so at XXX-XXX-XXXX. In the description I said that they were the non-Nike plus version i asked answered several questions about this idem and i specified they did not come with them. I picked these up from Footlocker earlier this fall. They never did the release on this version. This type of shoe released is also called a sample. The item was described as a non-Nike+ shoe and it is exactly what you described to me. Without the lace locks without the box or without any of the extras. Please call me if you need something. It's taken plenty of effort for me to sell the shoe I don't want to do this again you got what you want the shoe spacifically explained in the description and if it's not what it is in the description and we have a problem but it is exactly the way that I described the item. I'd love to cooperate with you and work out something. But I'm the seller in this situation and I know I'm responsible for disclosing what idem is and everything which I did.
==========================================
So a few things jump out at me from his response.
1. He actually seems to think these are legit
2. He says they are a Sample. (To my knowledge, samples always say "SAMPLE" on the size tag inside the shoe. His do NOT say SAMPLE.
3. The production date seems INSANE and IMPOSSIBLE to believe. His say 7/21/10 - 8/28/10. My AUTHENTICS say 3/14/12 - 5/31/12.....how could these shoes have been made YEARS ago? Did Gentry really have these designed before the IX's??? LOL
4. He says he described them as a "non-Nike+ shoe" but in reality he just said that they do not "come with the nike +". I believe he was intentionally being vague in his wording, which is why it led me to believe that the shoes did actually come with the sport kit but he was just keeping it. (I assumed so that he could use it on future X "enabled" releases.)
5. He did not answer any questions about the shoe in the listing. So what you see in the description/photos is exactly what I got. No mention of lack of lacelocks or the fact that the shoe is FREAKING tiny compared to my size 13 Pressures (pictured above).
My question to you NT Fam is, is there ANY possible way that these could actually be samples/authentic/legit? All signs in my book are pointing to NO and I believe I will have a case for eBay/Paypal. Admittedly I've never had to file one of these before so I'm not sure how I would have to Prove these are fake. Can anyone shed some light on any of this for me? What would you guys do? It would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much and I apologize for the huge post. I assume I'll get a few .gif "not reading all that" etc, but this was a valuable lesson for me and one I hope you all don't ever make. Take your time and make sure shoes are legit before you pull the trigger!
Id complain to ebay about him selling fakes and he will get shut down.   If you used paypal id put in a claim with them to get your money back.  From my experience with buying shoes off ebay most of the time there fakes if the price isnt some crazy reseller price and even then they can still be fakes.   Id stay away from ebay because people will put pics of the real shoes but then  send you fakes.  Theres ways on there where they make there rep look like they have been selling for a while  and that they get all positive feedback.  your best bet buying online is to use a website that everyone knows about for having authentic kicks. Also a way to make sure the shoes are real on ebay have show a pic of the orginal receipt from where they got them from.  the serial numbers on the receipt should match the numbers on the box.  I used to get burned on ebay with buying jerseys.  there 250.00 in stores but on ebay they go for about half that price.  The pics would look great but once I would have them in my hands i could see little things that wasnt right with them.

Last edited:
Ok guys, please help me out with this situation. I'll be the first to say it, that I'm an idiot for believing these were real at the time. I was in a rush to double up on these for a good price, I should have seen the red flags now that I look back on it. But even saying that, I still think the seller is wrong here and should take these back/pay for my shipping.
First of all, here are a few of the photos he listed in the eBay auction.
1. View media item 135707

I guess you didn't see this a few weeks ago. :stoneface:

2v2b96e.jpg

When people give you hints you may want take that into consideration because some sellers will tell you anything to make that sell whether they are real or fake.

Last edited:
I guess you didn't see this a few weeks ago. :stoneface:
2v2b96e.jpg

When people give you hints you may want take that into consideration because some sellers will tell you anything to make that sell whether they are real or fake.

wow.. so the same guy that bought a used pair with no sport pack for nearly retail price, went and bought another pair, fake....

dude, you gotta get with the program! you cant get caught slippin twice.
the most OBVIOUS details of these being fakes are....
-the inner side of the shoes are STITCHED together under the ankle, the shoe is a one piece upper!
-the laces dont match
-the laces are laced over the flap at the toe box. not to say people dont relace like that, but Nike def. doesnt lace em from factory like this
-the sizing is so far off
-the airbag is COMPLETELY different. nike used the thin lines in series. this fake has the wider pedestal style so to speak.

an additional detail you can use in your defense to Paypal/eBay is WEIGH the shoes!
you have a real pair, weigh them in grams and compare the fakes. im sure that will make it much more evident.

To the guy who bought the fake shoes off ebay...if you paid thru paypal it really doesnt matter if they are real or fake.If your not happy with your purchase paypal will refund your money.Real Talk!

^^ also Flywire is thicker and the midsole doesn't have a glossy finish to it. So many signs and OP still got caught slipping :smh:

wow.. so the same guy that bought a used pair with no sport pack for nearly retail price, went and bought another pair, fake....
dude, you gotta get with the program! you cant get caught slippin twice.
the most OBVIOUS details of these being fakes are....
-the inner side of the shoes are STITCHED together under the ankle, the shoe is a one piece upper!
-the laces dont match
-the laces are laced over the flap at the toe box. not to say people dont relace like that, but Nike def. doesnt lace em from factory like this
-the sizing is so far off
-the airbag is COMPLETELY different. nike used the thin lines in series. this fake has the wider pedestal style so to speak.
an additional detail you can use in your defense to Paypal/eBay is WEIGH the shoes!
you have a real pair, weigh them in grams and compare the fakes. im sure that will make it much more evident.

Dude, this IS that pair that I was talking about. Hurricane Sandy ****ed up the mail for days around me, just got them yesterday. I have an authentic pair of GM's and this abomination. And yes thanks everyone for pointing it out over and over I should have known better..I completely agree. I made a mistake, won't do it again, but the seller is still in the wrong. Thanks for all the helpful replies.

Last edited:
To the guy who bought the fake shoes off ebay...if you paid thru paypal it really doesnt matter if they are real or fake.If your not happy with your purchase paypal will refund your money.Real Talk!

QFT...we can stop talking fake Bron's now then right?...no need to call the dude about it or anything, just file with Paypal and case closed. :D

Anyone gonna cop the floridians, those and the jades were the only colorways i liked so far 

I plan on copping the floridians. Hopefully they sit so i can use the coupon.
Jades were the only ones i wanted so far and got them, i'm still on the fence about the xmas pair but theyre looking good

Anyone gonna cop the floridians, those and the jades were the only colorways i liked so far 
I might cop the Floridians, they've really grown on me.

Anyone wanting the Floridians should have no trouble getting them, because people aren't checking for them like that and there are more coveted shoes dropping around that time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom