OFFICIAL: Lebron XI NikeID Thread [Going away soon... get your orders in!]

Does anyone know if the black "armorsposite" is still matte...because the renderings look kinda glossy now.  If they're glossy, I need to do a Watch The Throne...because I just picked up the laces & lace locks.

Any input regarding the black being matte or gloss/semi gloss would be appreciated.  Thanks..

Does anyone know if the black "armorsposite" is still matte...because the renderings look kinda glossy now.  If they're glossy, I need to do a Watch The Throne...because I just picked up the laces & lace locks.

Any input regarding the black being matte or gloss/semi gloss would be appreciated.  Thanks..

I did a WTT custom for someone posted in this thread a few weeks ago...posite is matte, but it is possible to give it a glossy shine. Pretty close to the chrome posite effect.

My new iD's.
Those are sick
pimp.gif

Nice IDs guys, very well done.

C'mon Nike, give us a fade option this weekend. Just one last option... Or better yet, a 3m option?? (Yeah I already know, not gonna happen. Lol)

Well, I did this. 

...and I bought laces just like these (they were $70.  For the love of all that's holy.).

...and this lace lock (hand made).

I found a guy who has some fabric that's pretty close to the liner in the real Watch The Throne LBJ's...and he's gonna handle that for me.  He's also going to sand down the midfoot shank, paint them to resembler the authentic LBJ XI Watch The Throne and hit them with a heavy coat of clear.

If we don't like the gold splatter (lifted it from the midsole of the Watch The Throne LBJ 9)....he'll remove it and apply some type of gloss to the foamposite portions of the shoe.

So....I guess I'll have some Watch The Throne LBJ XI's that're relatively close to the real thing...or at least as close as I can get them to the real thing anyway.  I'm pretty excited about it.  This is my first REAL custom.  I've changed the color of a few swooshes here and there, and dyed an AJKO or two...but this one is going into the hands of a pro.  I hope it turns out well enough to justify the time/money/excitement.  I haven't been this hyped over a sneaker in a long long time....

Well, I did this... 

...and I bought laces just like these (they were $70.  For the love of all that's holy.).

I hope it turns out well enough to justify the time/money/excitement.  
it took me 5mins just to get past the laces price
sick.gif
 I hope this turns out awesome if only because of the price of the laces
mean.gif

it took me 5mins just to get past the laces price :x  I hope this turns out awesome if only because of the price of the laces :smh:  

No worse than the dude that bought a pair of Jordan 2012s or w/e just for the insoles to put in his LeBrons imo :lol:

Yes, I kid you not....the laces were $70.  They're ghost.  Ya don't see 'em anywhere.  Smooth Tip used to make them for $40 a pop...but I haven't seen any available on his site for AGES...and believe me, this Watch The Throne shoe is something I've wanted to do for a hot minute.  The laces were the last piece of the puzzle.  I probably would have given dude $100 for 'em if I had to.

...and as for the Jordan 2012 soles ole dude bought to put into his lebrons....it's okay.  I use the insoles from Kobe 9's in my LBJ XI's.  It makes them MUCH more comfortable...

Yes, I kid you not....the laces were $70.  They're ghost.  Ya don't see 'em anywhere.  Smooth Tip used to make them for $40 a pop...but I haven't seen any available on his site for AGES...and believe me, this Watch The Throne shoe is something I've wanted to do for a hot minute.  The laces were the last piece of the puzzle.  I probably would have given dude $100 for 'em if I had to.

Bro, follow Smooth Tip on IG. He puts the laces up for sale every so often lately for a day or so. I ordered 3 pairs last month from him, $30 each, for customers wanting a WTT done.

And if you don't mind me asking, who is doing them for you and what is he charging?

Last edited:
Bro, follow Smooth Tip on IG. He puts the laces up for sale every so often lately for a day or so. I ordered 3 pairs last month from him, $30 each, for customers wanting a WTT done.

And if you don't mind me asking, who is doing them for you and what is he charging?
Bro, I checked Smooth Tip's site at last 50 times and  can never get a pair.  I have even emailed the dude about them a time or two.

...and the guy doing my work isn't well known.  Just a guy I know who does good work.  He's decent with a paintbrush and a sewing machine/needle & thread...

Bro, I checked Smooth Tip's site at last 50 times and  can never get a pair.  I have even emailed the dude about them a time or two.

...and the guy doing my work isn't well known.  Just a guy I know who does good work.  He's decent with a paintbrush and a sewing machine/needle & thread...

That sucks that you can't catch them. The customer who wanted them actually alerted me to when they went up for sale though. I think he said he DM'd him through IG though not email, but I'm not 100% on that. Either way can't wait to see what you're guy comes up with. And I'm curious to see how those locks look. An IG buddy put me onto the preorer but none of my past WTT people want them. You are going all out. #respect :smokin

That sucks that you can't catch them. The customer who wanted them actually alerted me to when they went up for sale though. I think he said he DM'd him through IG though not email, but I'm not 100% on that. Either way can't wait to see what you're guy comes up with. And I'm curious to see how those locks look. An IG buddy put me onto the preorer but none of my past WTT people want them. You are going all out. #respect
smokin.gif
this is my first REAL custom shoe.  I really don't even know why I chose the Watch The Throne theme, to be entirely honest....but I think it's gonna be nice.  I REALLY need to find some fabric that mimics the inner lining of the Watch The Throne LBJ 9.  You wouldn't happen to know where I could find anything like that, would ya?  I have even entertained the idea of having WTT socks made...and using those for the liner...but I don't know about it.  I'd rather have something nice....and I don't want it to be painted, because these need to be wearable...

..and I've gotta ask.  If you do paint the print onto the liner, is it done with a fabric paint that sinks into the pores...and is it wearable.   ...because....what you did to the liner of the shoe you posted up looks killer, and it's a cheaper option than looking all over for fabric and having someone basically "reupholster" the shoe.

PM me if ya don't mind......

this is my first REAL custom shoe.  I really don't even know why I chose the Watch The Throne theme, to be entirely honest....but I think it's gonna be nice.  I REALLY need to find some fabric that mimics the inner lining of the Watch The Throne LBJ 9.  You wouldn't happen to know where I could find anything like that, would ya?  I have even entertained the idea of having WTT socks made...and using those for the liner...but I don't know about it.  I'd rather have something nice....and I don't want it to be painted, because these need to be wearable...

I have no sources for that pattern/material, but I haven't searched either. But I can tell you is that any custom guy worth his salt will do a wearable lining. I use fabric mediums that are acrylic polymer suspensions for the pigment. Once the colors dry, you set it in the liner with a heat gun. They are permanent, don't fade and are completely wearable. You can even wash the fabric in the laundry if you use these colors on a shirt or something. Every pair of any custom I do with a redone sock liner is 100% wearable.

EDIT: PM'd

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom