OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2013-2014 SEASON THREAD (PLAYOFFS! 2nd Round v. OKC; Series at 2-2)

This might sound crazy but IMO OKC is easier to guard then GS. The way they played in the halfcourt today plays right into the hands of the Clippers. With GS, you have to defend against Steph as soon as he pasts halfcourt and hedge hard on screens, which strechs out the defense and alows the good passing bigs like Lee and Green to find the open guy (a slashing Iggy, the other big in the paint or Klay in the corner) from the top of the key when they get the ball from Curry after the pick. That is tough to defend for 48 mins.

OKC is so iso centric, its like KD and Russell just take turns shooting, while the other just stand and watch. This allows the Clippers to have ten eyes on the guy with the ball and all in position to help. Rebounding is easier too because of this, as you arent scrambled by lots of ball and player movement.

Give Russell a slight cease to the lane and he is taking it almost everytime, regard of who how many ppl he has to go through. That results in crazy drives to the basket, which alot of times end in a TO or wild attempt at the rim. He'll score his far share of points doing that like he did today, but that's a win on defense for the Clips and today was a perfect example.

Keeping my fingers cross that this continues for the rest of the series as CP3 shooting like Ray from deep will not :lol:

Now lets get game 2.

This might sound crazy but IMO OKC is easier to guard then GS. The way they played in the halfcourt today plays right into the hands of the Clippers. With GS, you have to defend against Steph as soon as he pasts halfcourt and hedge hard on screens, which strechs out the defense and alows the good passing bigs like Lee and Green to find the open guy (a slashing Iggy, the other big in the paint or Klay in the corner) from the top of the key when they get the ball from Curry after the pick. That is tough to defend for 48 mins.

OKC is so iso centric, its like KD and Russell just take turns shooting, while the other just stand and watch. This allows the Clippers to have ten eyes on the guy with the ball and all in position to help. Rebounding is easier too because of this, as you arent scrambled by lots of ball and player movement.

Give Russell a slight cease to the lane and he is taking it almost everytime, regard of who how many ppl he has to go through. That results in crazy drives to the basket, which alot of times end in a TO or wild attempt at the rim. He'll score his far share of points doing that like he did today, but that's a win on defense for the Clips and today was a perfect example.

Keeping my fingers cross that this continues for the rest of the series as CP3 shooting like Ray from deep will not
laugh.gif

Now lets get game 2.
I agree. I'll even go as far as saying Curry was a bigger matchup problem than KD. Curry's handle plus range created so many more opportunities for GS. Would LOVE to get Game 2. Put them on the ropes early with 2 at our house. I expect a haymaker from them the first 5 or so minutes of game 2.

Can't wait.

Westbrook is going to make or break that team too - he (they?) could be amazing but he just doesn't get it most of the time. I thought this year was different but he's just reverting to type.

What was with him wandering off during the timeout too? Not looking good.

CP3 got in to his head. Some of the analysts brought up a great point...CP3 hears all the whispers and talk about him and I think he's just here to show them what's good. I can honestly say that everyone in ClipperNation knows he's more than capable of doing that, maybe not going 8/9 from deep, night in and night out but doesn't. He wanted to insert himself and show the doubters that he means business. I see his shooting numbers slightly dropping off and his assists slightly increase. I'm seeing a big game from BG in Game 2 hopefully to bring it home 2-0.

Like everyone else was saying, the Thunder seem to be an easier team to guard than GSW. You make KD uncomfortable and make Russ and the rest of the team beat you. Most of the time Russ is gonna play wild and CP3 will get under his skin and cause all kinds of turnovers. Hopefully Jamal was right and they're just the more hungry team.

CP3 (Nor the clippers) probably won't be that hot in game 2.

However that doesn't mean that they won't make enough shots to win game 2 either. What they displayed in game 1, the ball movement, the crispness by which they moved, the lack of turnovers and taking good shots, that can transfer for game 2.

CP3 (Nor the clippers) probably won't be that hot in game 2.

I can pretty much guarantee that, but like you said, doesn't mean they can't still win. They better be ready for Game 2 though. KD is not going to want to collect his MVP trophy and then go out an lose.

Cliff Paul ‏@CliffPaul 11h
Now THAT's how you start a series, @CP3. Before it thundered, you let it rain. #NBAPlayoffs.

:nthat:

CP3 got in to his head. Some of the analysts brought up a great point...CP3 hears all the whispers and talk about him and I think he's just here to show them what's good. I can honestly say that everyone in ClipperNation knows he's more than capable of doing that, maybe not going 8/9 from deep, night in and night out but doesn't. He wanted to insert himself and show the doubters that he means business. I see his shooting numbers slightly dropping off and his assists slightly increase. I'm seeing a big game from BG in Game 2 hopefully to bring it home 2-0.

Like everyone else was saying, the Thunder seem to be an easier team to guard than GSW. You make KD uncomfortable and make Russ and the rest of the team beat you. Most of the time Russ is gonna play wild and CP3 will get under his skin and cause all kinds of turnovers. Hopefully Jamal was right and they're just the more hungry team.

I agree GSW has more guys that can score, but OKC literally only has durant, westbrook, maybe ibaka/jackson. If you keep everyone else from getting looks then the clippers have a good chance at winning the game and even the series. They way the Thunder talked after the last night they wanted to be more physical with the clippers next game. I wonder if Durant getting the MVP trophy before the game will be a little of a distraction.

BG has to play with more awareness on defense and hit the glass harder. To many times he was just staying still while things happened around him.

Don't care about the offense, as off nights happen and we scored enough to win. But you have to impact the game when you're having a bad shooting night.

Despite the loss, I'm optimistic that this is still a winnable series. DC getting abused on D in every series is annoying though. Wouldn't mind Doc throwing some zone looks at them when he's in the game.

BG has to play with more awareness on defense and hit the glass harder. To many times he was just staying still while things happened around him.

Don't care about the offense, as off nights happen and we scored enough to win. But you have to impact the game when you're having a bad shooting night.

Despite the loss, I'm optimistic that this is still a winnable series. DC getting abused on D in every series is annoying though. Wouldn't mind Doc throwing some zone looks at them when he's in the game.

Agree with everything you said. Despite the loss, I still feel ok about the series. They hit everything in the 1st quarter and we were still in it. And when they pulled away in the second half it was Sepholosha that made the big plays. I'll take my chances that doesn't happen again.

We just tighten up the D somewhat at home and we should be OK.

I was hoping for a win but new OKC would come out guns blazing.

Just like CP3 wont go 8/9 from 3 point land, Sefolosha won't be as hot either. (BTW didn't CP go 2/2 from 3 point land?)

The amount of fouls called was ridiculous. Refs tried to make up for those 2 early bs fouls on CP but they were calling a dumb amount of dumb fouls on clips. Those offensive ones were the worse. CP out for most of the first quarter threw us off no doubt. and Blake really hasn't shown much these past few games

Still we stole one from them at home, now we come back to LOB city and hopefully refocus our defensive play.

JJ needs to play like he did last night for sure.

Late post here, but game 7 from the Clippers GSW game was crazy! I was fortunate to be there during a trip and get tickets!

Last edited:
and Blake really hasn't shown much these past few games

Yeah, he needs to step it up. He's back to thinking too much out there. Needs to just shoot when he's open or make quick moves to the bucket. He's hesitating too much.

Once again defense and rebounding killed us. Allowing a team to shoot 56% on your home court is inexcusable, way too many open shots for their supporting players. Tough Juice wants to hit shots all of a sudden :lol:

Doc left us short on defenders and guys who rebound outside their area. Sucks cuz this was a big problem last year, even more so than the outside shooting IMO.

Very frustrating game. Feel like we easily could have won. Disappointing. Better really step up on Sunday.

I talk so much **** about DC, but that performance on the offensive end (still was getting abused on D :lol: ) down the stretch was all heart. So was the Point God's D on KD.

Can't help but feel that OKC lost it more than we won it tho. OKCs lack of adjustments and Basketball IQ plus reverting back to hero ball left the door open for that comeback. But at one point we did score on 18 of 19 possessions in the 4Q, which is as clutch as you can get.

We desperately need some long perimter defenders who board, a legit 3rd big and in general more length. OKC makes it glaring how much longer they are than us.

Time to get Game 5.

Amazing.What another great series.

I don't think I can handle another game 7 tho 
laugh.gif

I came up ona  few rally towels that people left behind in their seats. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Man being in Staples for the comeback was epic :wow: :wow: never been a part of something like that man. That was awesome. Still juiced off the game. Wow is all I can :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I can just Imagine the energy at staples. I agree as stated above that CP3 had exellent d against durant. DC came through in the clutch. Hopefully we can close this out in 6. GoClips!!

Back
Top Bottom