OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2013-2014 SEASON THREAD (PLAYOFFS! 2nd Round v. OKC; Series at 2-2)

Can't wait to see Bled return to Staples. Wonder how him and CP3 will match up. Master vs student

Can't wait to see Bled return to Staples. Wonder how him and CP3 will match up. Master vs student

CP went at Bled pretty hard when they played in the preseason. I think it will be that way when they meet in the regular season. I could see Bledsoe trying to do too much and getting out of control. It'll be interesting.

CP went at Bled pretty hard when they played in the preseason. I think it will be that way when they meet in the regular season. I could see Bledsoe trying to do too much and getting out of control. It'll be interesting.

True. Will be interesting for sure

Great game tonight. Highly entertaining. Looking forward to seeing what we do on this road trip.

We had a rough opening week. Although we put up 137 (!) we can't continue that pace. We'll burn out by AllStar weekend. It's awesome that we've scored 100+ in every game this season, but giving up 100+ points is not good. Our defense is there but we need to step it up.

We had a rough opening week. Although we put up 137 (!) we can't continue that pace. We'll burn out by AllStar weekend. It's awesome that we've scored 100+ in every game this season, but giving up 100+ points is not good. Our defense is there but we need to step it up.
Agreed.  I'm also concerned with our 2nd unit since they are not able to hold on to leads.  I'm sure it will get better as the season progesses but I defintely feel uneasy when they get in there.  This roadtrip will be a good measuring stick.  #clippernation

I was worried about this Orlando game and it looks like rightfully so. Quintessential trap game with a TNT game against Miami the next night. A lot of game left to be played though.

We have the 2nd highest offensive points per poss. and the 2nd worst PPP allowed :smh:

To be fair, GS and HOU are teams high-scoring teams and the Lakers were just launching 3's against us.

I'll wait till we have a bigger sample size before I begin to worry. We still need a back-up big tho. Hoping we find a way to add Okafor before season's end.

Anyone going to a bar for tonight's game?

Also, is anyone willing to go half on League pass? I want to watch the Warriors, Wolves, Pelicans, and Suns this season.

I knew our defense was gonna be bad but I would've never guessed this bad. Redick making Wade look like Flash again...I guess most of our predictions of .500 ball were on point. I just don't see this getting that much better though. Redick and Dudley are doing exactly what they do best, score. We need to push for new big (I HATE Mullens) and maybe think about starting Barnes. I feel he brings a nice toughness that our front line is lacking. On the the next one...

3-3

Last edited:
It was too bad that Barnes couldn't play last night. He definitely would have helped with Wade and Allen. Redick tries on D, but he's just overmatched sometime. And CP really needs to figure out how to score against the Heat better. No real shame in losing to Miami on the road, but the Orlando lass hurts.

We need a W against Houston on Saturday. Don't want to fall below .500.

What's the problem? The offense is there, but can't pinpoint what's wrong with our defense. It's frustrating.

Definitely starting to worry about this team. The second unit is nowhere near as effective as it was last year and the defensive chemistry just isn't there at all.

It was looking real bad early on. Beverlie sparked something in CP3 and I could just see the tides turning. You never wanna piss off CP3 that early on. I liked a lot of what I saw today. Bullock getting some playing time (i'm a big advocate for our rookies). Mullens minutes reduced. DJ playing like a DPOY. Redick continuing to be ridiculous. We still got a long way to go but I liked a lot of what I saw today.

4-3

^^^Yeah, I guess I got down on the team too early. Nice come from behind win last night. They really tightened up the D in the second half. I wasn't crazy about all the small line ups Doc was using, but they seemed to have worked out. Blake was very impressive last night, I thought. Had some very nice moves in the post. A sweeping hook over Dwight, a nice up-and-under when he scored on Dwight and Asik. Clutch buckets too. Really liked what I saw from him.

Great win tonight. I had a long @&& day, so I really enjoyed coming home and catching that second half. CP, Blake, DJ and Crawford were all excellent. Pretty much everyone contributed.

Great game! It was good to be in house to cheer our guys on to the W.

Matt Barnes tweet got me thinking if there's something wrong in house though. :\

Great game! It was good to be in house to cheer our guys on to the W.

Matt Barnes tweet got me thinking if there's something wrong in house though. :\

I was worried about the same thing... and then he deleted it. Hopefully it was just in the heat of the moment.

Back
Top Bottom