OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2013 OFFSEASON THREAD - Media Day Done; Training Camp Starting

lawdog1

Supporter
:smokinOK, I'm going to go ahead and say that VDN's firing pretty much represents the official start of the offseason, so I decided to get the offseason thread going. Let's post all offseason news in here from now on.

As far as VDN's replacement, I personally like the idea of one of the Van Gundy's or Malone from Golden State. Alvin Gentry and Byron Scott aren't really my favorite choices, but I could live with either.

Last edited:
Think Sterling will give Brian Shaw a chance @ HC? How about Nate McMillian?

I've seen people saying that Shaw is under consideration, but no references to McMillian so far. I think the team would give Shaw a shot if there was strong support for him from Griffin and CP.

yepp it was all VDN's fault.... cus you know, its his responsibility to guard Zbo, Gasol, and Conley... it was also his fault Blake got injured. Hahaha good move Clipper front office.

Rumor is that Nat Mc is ahead of the pack.
not-mad-amazed.gif

VDN always unfairly gets the axe. First Chicago now LA 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Seems to me replacing VDN worked out pretty well for Chicago. Hopefully, it will be the same for us.
I was thinking the same thing. Memphis was the worst possible matchup, hopefully for you they resign Paul and don't make a bunch of unnecessary drastic changes to the roster.

After we hire a new HC all we need to do is get rid of DJ/Caron/EBled/GHill and replace them with Al Jefferson/Ariza or KG/Pierce /Mayo and we should be straight next time we see Memphis.

Last edited:
Vinny did a good job, but I rather have CP3 on a max deal than Vinny back.

Trade DJ before you hire a new coach, seriously, get rid of that frail state of carcass. The ***** only knows how to catch lobs, when the post season started he couldn't even do that. I cant talk about how much I hate that dude :lol:

Anyways, lure Shaw away from Indiana.

After we hire a new HC all we need to do is get rid of DJ/Caron/EBled/GHill and replace them with Al Jefferson/Ariza or KG/Pierce /Mayo and we should be straight next time we see Memphis.

Only reason why we beat Memphis last year is because of Reggie and Kenyon. They gave us a grit that we were obviously missing this year. We need goons again a la Miami.

:lol:

Aint nobody want them old ******. How they gonna keep on the fast break with CP3 and Blake? What is Garnett gonna start, center? The bigs in the west would DESTROY him, and I'd be damn to let him start over Blake.

Off topic but any of you guys on/frequent clipprrstopbuzz.com nice place to keep up with news and clipper nation.

ON topic. I say we maybe look at OJ Mayo and Ptwice aka paul pierce if the celts buy him out. Trade wise package dj, caron and maybe ebled to make room. Resign barnes and make other free agent pick ups. Just my opinions and thoughts.

Isnt Grant Hill have a play1er option for this upcoming season. Personally id like him to play. He played well when given the opportunities. Maybe and a big maybe that it is... he actually have a healthy season (I can dream right).

Off topic but any of you guys on/frequent clipprrstopbuzz.com nice place to keep up with news and clipper nation.

ON topic. I say we maybe look at OJ Mayo and Ptwice aka paul pierce if the celts buy him out. Trade wise package dj, caron and maybe ebled to make room. Resign barnes and make other free agent pick ups. Just my opinions and thoughts.
He's slow and doesn't play D. His offensive threat is average right now, has spurts, but his points per game is still around 18, and his FG% has fallen the last 3 years. We don't need any more Hill and Billup type players.

Why do you wanna sign him?

Several of the regulars in this thread, including myself, are on CTB. I haven't been in there as much recently because I find there's a little too much bickering/complaining that goes on. But it can be a very good forum at times.

^^agreed. I'm on CTB as well. A lot of the posters on there are worst than a lot of Laker fans when it comes to whining, immaturity, and delusions.

^^I do agree there is a lot of immaturity there. Maybe its because the way the season ended and us fans being mad, disappointed, and somewhat spoiled from from the regular season.

At this point me personally would take PP 18ppg a night than carons streaky self. If the defense as a whole we wouldnt have to worry about him being a defensive liability.

Sucks seems all the best candidates for our coaching vacancy are not trying to coach the clips. I hope we get a defensive minded coach that can teach dj something. I know dj should go but I really think we won't get any value for him.

Sucks seems all the best candidates for our coaching vacancy are not trying to coach the clips. I hope we get a defensive minded coach that can teach dj something. I know dj should go but I really think we won't get any value for him.

I agree as to DJ. Despite the crazy trade proposals that are floating around on CTB, I don't see anyone giving us a lot of value for DJ, unless they really want Bledsoe too. Aside from that, I don't see any team giving us much for DJ.

Back
Top Bottom