OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Brad Turner ‏@BA_Turner · 13m13 minutes ago

Rivers looking at big pay raise, maybe $8 million per season, increase from the $3.3 million he made last season with Clippers, per source.

Well, damb. Get your money, Austin. It just won't be from us. :lol:

Following up on one of the points in the article @shoeking2102 posted, it really is a little puzzling why the media seems so much more dismissive of our chances of landing KD than all the other teams that got meetings. Like today on Twitter, Arash Markazi posted something like, "Durant more than likely goes back to OKC, with the Warriors the only real wild card." I asked him why he would say that.

GSW and SAS are pretty much in the same position as we are. They can keep their main stars and sign him, but would have to give up some key role players. So, its going to come down to what core KD likes best and which he thinks he can fit best with. I honestly think the fit would be better with CP-DJ-Blake than Curry-Klay-Dray or even Kawhi-LMA.

Its either that the national (and even local) media isn't doing its homework and doesn't realize we can sign KD outright without losing any of the "big 3" or just lame anti-Clippers bias creeping in again.
A lot of people aren't realizing that LAC can sign KD w/o parting w/ any of their big 3. I think, if they knew that then the chances of LAC landing KD would be much higher.

It's weird because I don't think GSW has a chance in hell for obvious reasons and outside of OKC, LAC appears to be the most appealing with their big 3.

8 mil for Austin??? I'm cool
laugh.gif
8 Million in today's climate isn't bad at all though. In fact it's a lowkey bargain if continues playing how he played since xmas last season.

The options for replacement at backup PG aren't pretty and LAC at some point has to start retaining their young players with at least a glimmer of potential for the future, even if you have to overpay a bit, which I think LAC will do. 

Not even being biased, but this core is obviously built to win now, and with that the back up swing position being critical, who is our back up guard going to be if not Austin? Ish Smith? Mayo? Matthew Dellavadova? Lin would be great but he's going to make even more than Rivers. The PG market is really bad in terms of back ups. 

I guess we don't have many options but I'd rather be proactive than reactive. If a great deal presents itself for ANY Of our players, we gotta take it.

That's assuming we aren't a legit threat to win it all. If we stumble out the gates like last year, start fielding offers. We aren't winning a championship as a 4 seed.

Too early to be this negative? :lol:

I guess we don't have many options but I'd rather be proactive than reactive. If a great deal presents itself for ANY Of our players, we gotta take it.

That's assuming we aren't a legit threat to win it all. If we stumble out the gates like last year, start fielding offers. We aren't winning a championship as a 4 seed.

Not at all. While overall the best few year stretch in Clippers' history, the painfully disappointing way the last few seasons have ended give us the right to be negative.

With blake and cp free agents next year, im with you. Turn one of them into some assets at least. Dont want them leaving us with nothing

Hopefully they can start out like 10-3 though or something. 7-8 isnt gonna cut it

Assuming we keep the current roster in tact going into the 16-17 season, if we don't at least make the WCF, I easily see CP bouncing, probably to go play with one of his superfriend buddies. Since Rose only has one year left on his deal, CP could take his spot and play with his buddy Melo in NY in 17-18.

Los Angeles Clippers ‏@clippersbuzztap · 10m10 minutes ago

nbcsports​.com >> Clippers’ reported primary pitch to Kevin Durant involves him taking pay cut to play http://buzztap.com/-Oens1t

Primary pitch is going to be, take a little less money to play with CP, Blake and DJ. But we'll apparently also discuss scenarios in which one of our current big 3 gets traded.

Los Angeles Clippers ‏@clippersbuzztap · 10m10 minutes ago

nbcsports​.com >> Clippers’ reported primary pitch to Kevin Durant involves him taking pay cut to play http://buzztap.com/-Oens1t

Primary pitch is going to be, take a little less money to play with CP, Blake and DJ. But we'll apparently also discuss scenarios in which one of our current big 3 gets traded.
The phrasing makes it seem like we're going to ask him to take a 5 to 10 million dollar paycut or something which isn't the case.

We don't even know what the final cap number is but the Clips could come just 1 to 3 million dollars short of the max for KD which is nothing major at all if he really wanted to come to LAC.

The phrasing makes it seem like we're going to ask him to take a 5 to 10 million dollar paycut or something which isn't the case.

We don't even know what the final cap number is but the Clips could come just 1 to 3 million dollars short of the max for KD which is nothing major at all if he really wanted to come to LAC.

He'll easily make up 1 to 3 milliom in extra endorsements in LA (or if Ballmer breaks him off some shares of Microsoft on the low ...).

He'll easily make up 1 to 3 milliom in extra endorsements in LA (or if Ballmer breaks him off some shares of Microsoft on the low ...).
That man has a current deal with Nike for like 300M's or something like that, he'll be fine with that paycut lol

KD meeting with LAC friday the first.

When did KD say he will take only max deals tho? folks think he's only after max deal but if he's meeting with LA/GSW/SA he's not getting the max contract OKC can offer.

View media item 2086362

Last edited:
When did KD say he will take only max deals tho? folks think he's only after max deal but if he's meeting with LA/GSW/SA he's not getting the max contract OKC can offer.
This is in addition to the fact that KD went on record this season commending david west, saying that "it isn't always all about the money" 

nerd.gif

I really think LAC is a longshot to land KD only because it's a longshot that he'll leave OKC. If he were to leave OKC, I can't imagine why the Clippers wouldn't have as good of shot as any to land him.

Cuhhhh....y'all need to stop getting my hopes up. My imagination is running wild.

Cuhhhh....y'all need to stop getting my hopes up. My imagination is running wild.

I know ive contributed to it :lol: smh

But in my honest opinion, no bias no ********. Him leaving okc is a longshot, but IF he decided to leave okc then LAC is extremely appealing. Can get near the max, play with cp blake and dj, and you're joining a contender, not a team that has already won and that means something because he hasnt won either. what's more appealing is that the clips can offer close to the max and if the cap is higher than 94Ms which I think it will, clips will come very close to being able to give him the max.

All in all, if he were to leave okc or want to leave okc I couldnt imagine how he wouldnt pick lac.

Clips are a 2nd/3rd option.

GSW is 1st, Spurs 2nd or 3rd

only way clipps get him:

A.) will have to let go of some of crawford/green/pierce & rivers & cole. basically the whole bench :lol:

B.) they move BG, and re-sign bench players.

I believe GSW can sign him and only lose barnes and/or iguodala....plus he goes there he's guaranteed to be playing in the finals, LA can't quite offer that.

Last edited:
Clips are a 2nd/3rd option.

GSW is 1st, Spurs 2nd or 3rd

only way clipps get him:

A.) will have to let go of some of crawford/green/pierce & rivers & cole. basically the whole bench :lol:

B.) they move BG, and re-sign bench players.

I believe GSW can sign him and only lose barnes and/or iguodala....plus he goes there he's guaranteed to be playing in the finals.

Gsw would have to let go barnes iggy brandon rush andrew bogut along with guys like ian clark to make the play for KD.

Also I don't think gsw is first man, KD not going to a team that has already won a ring, already won 73 games without him IMO.

Dont think lac has a problem renouncing and trading everyone if kd wanted to come :lol:

I know ive contributed to it :lol: smh

But in my honest opinion, no bias no ********. Him leaving okc is a longshot, but IF he decided to leave okc then LAC is extremely appealing. Can get near the max, play with cp blake and dj, and you're joining a contender, not a team that has already won and that means something because he hasnt won either. what's more appealing is that the clips can offer close to the max and if the cap is higher than 94Ms which I think it will, clips will come very close to being able to give him the max.

All in all, if he were to leave okc or want to leave okc I couldnt imagine how he wouldnt pick lac.

Yeah, I fully expect him to return to OKC, especially since he can sign a one year deal and look for even more money next year. But, assuming there's any chance he goes elsewhere, it bothers me that most people aren't giving the Clippers any shot. That's why I've been talking about it.

Well, I'm currently trying to order a custom #35 Clipper jersey with Durant on the back. I havenMt bought a jersey since I was 12. How do these sizes work?

-edit-

Seeing Noah on the verge of getting 18 mil a year is killing me. Can someone explain to me why teams are allowing themselves to sign theae contracts? I understand the cap went up but that doesn't mean all of a sudden you pay 18 mil for a 10 mil type of player. Or 8 mil for a 5. The cap goingnup means nothing because the salaries are going up with it. I understand the Max is based on a percentage or the cap but why are teams giving role players such huge raises?

Last edited:
Well, I'm currently trying to order a custom #35 Clipper jersey with Durant on the back. I havenMt bought a jersey since I was 12. How do these sizes work?

-edit-

Seeing Noah on the verge of getting 18 mil a year is killing me. Can someone explain to me why teams are allowing themselves to sign theae contracts? I understand the cap went up but that doesn't mean all of a sudden you pay 18 mil for a 10 mil type of player. Or 8 mil for a 5. The cap goingnup means nothing because the salaries are going up with it. I understand the Max is based on a percentage or the cap but why are teams giving role players such huge raises?

Percentage of the cap, not necessarily the total that joakim is being paid.

For instance, joakim's contract under the 70M cap would be 13 million, which would be reasonable / feasible.

Also gotta factor in that you have to hit the cap floor which I think teams will struggle with and this will lead to guys like noah or someone like austin being paid a hefty amount. If you have to hit the floor you midas whale hit it by signing players who you think can aid, even if you're overpaying a tad bit

I thought this cap was gonna mean big money for the max players but everyone else would stay about the same. This cap jump means nothing to us as fans. Im glad players are getting paid but we're still not gonna have any flexibility because dudes like Andre Miller are gonna command 13 mil now :lol:

Last edited:
Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne · 16m16 minutes ago

Story going up shortly with @ArashMarkazi on Clippers inviting Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan and Chris Paul to pitch Durant on a Big 4

Original reports were that just Doc, Ballmer and Frank would be at the meeting. Glad the players are going to be there too.

Back
Top Bottom