OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne · 16m16 minutes ago

Story going up shortly with @ArashMarkazi on Clippers inviting Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan and Chris Paul to pitch Durant on a Big 4

Original reports were that just Doc, Ballmer and Frank would be at the meeting. Glad the players are going to be there too.
Lucas mentioned this in the article I posted in here a few days ago. If you're an LAC fan he's a must follow. Great read, great articles, and has some inside info. 

Maybe the meeting we have for KD isnt for this upcoming season but its for next season when KD is a FA again and CP and Blake are both off the books

nerd.gif
Arash just tweeted what I think is going down. All of these teams are the teams he's going to meet with next summer tbh

@ArashMarkazi   3m3 minutes ago

It may be a long shot right now but they also want to plant the seed for 2017 when KD will likely be a free agent again and considers L.A.

National Media starting to pick up the Clips big 3 pitch today, which we were in here discussing a few days ago.

This is getting my hopes up and I'm getting sad.

I hate you guys :lol:

I already know how tomorrow's gonna go for me. Just hitting refresh on all my twitter, hoopshype, hoopsrumors tabs waiting for a report that says KD "left the meeting very impressed with the Clippers' pitch."

I hate y'all, and so will my boss :lol: :smh:

man...really thinking there's a chance KD might come to L.A. and play for the clips...

we shall see.

^^^ IDK - KD doesn't strike me as the type of dude who is going to want to go through the free agency circus two years in a row. As many benefits there are to him signing just a one year deal this Summer, I think he signs a multi-year contract.

Gsw would have to let go barnes iggy brandon rush andrew bogut along with guys like ian clark to

Also I don't think gsw is first man, KD not going to a team that has already won a ring, already won 73 games without him IMO.

GSW is the best offense is the league, has the MVP of the league, and a better coach, and a better bench.

why do you think LA is 0-4 against GS last season b? 1-4 vs OKC?

he can dominate the western conf w/ either LA or GS, but LA is an inferior team, that's a fact., if I'm KD im trying to stay with OKC or GS.

just a matter of what type of deal LA can pitch him.

GSW is the best offense is the league, has the MVP of the league, and a better coach, and a better bench.

he can dominate the western conf w/ either LA or GS, but LA is an inferior team, that's a fact., if I'm KD im trying to stay with OKC or GS.

My thinking isn't in regards to if OKC or GSW is better than LAC. My logic doesn't come from how good GSW or OKC is against LAC. 

My thinking is that 1) It's a farfetched thing for him to leave OKC in the first place and 2) I think Durant has too much pride to leave OKC to go to an already championship made team. They won 73 freaking games without him. They don't need him, at all. 

^^^ Plus, him joining our core seem like a more natural fit than going to OKC. Steph and Klay both need their shots a lot more than Blake and CP do. So, I think there would be a tougher adjustment process for KD to figure out what his role his.

He could come here and be the clear, number 1 option right away.

stop it. You're in a Clipper thread. Fans are here. Me included.

But its ludicrous to say the Clippers are a better option than GSW. Sorry. We can't beat those guys. You can see it in their eyes every time we play them now.

GSW own the Clippers now. Its a fact i accepted a long time ago.

Put KD on both teams and we might win 1 game.

Lets move on from the KD talk. We're looking at Austin Rivers as a significant pick up. **sigh

(Reverse psychology?)

^^^ Plus, him joining our core seem like a more natural fit than going to OKC. Steph and Klay both need their shots a lot more than Blake and CP do. So, I think there would be a tougher adjustment process for KD to figure out what his role his.

He could come here and be the clear, number 1 option right away.

yes, BUT, GSW are unguardable with KD. UNGUARDABLE.

Is that even a word?

Don't even play the season if GSW gets him. Wrap it up for them.

But we know KD is returning to OKC. 98.9% certain.

going to be awkward af for JJ to know the big 3 are headed to the east to recruit a player that, if he comes, means JJ is gone.

stop it. You're in a Clipper thread. Fans are here. Me included.

But its ludicrous to say the Clippers are a better option than GSW. Sorry. We can't beat those guys. You can see it in their eyes every time we play them now.

GSW own the Clippers now. Its a fact i accepted a long time ago. ?)

:lol: I am a clippers fan. I was at the game back in December sitting in 203 when KD sank that 2 with 3 seconds left :lol: I'm only being realistic in response to shoeking saying LA the 'ideal, hungry team' for him over GS... I was at the GS game in march also, seen these all these cats play :lol: I hope he comes to LA, but it's a hard sell.

yes, BUT, GSW are unguardable with KD. UNGUARDABLE. .

^this is my point.

Don't think there's any way we keep Austin. If J. Clarkson can get $12.5 M/year, Austin is probably worth at least $9M.

Don't think there's any way we keep Austin. If J. Clarkson can get $12.5 M/year, Austin is probably worth at least $9M.
IMO we have to.

The FA market for PG's dry as hell. There's no backup that'll be available that can contribute for us the way Austin can.

Huge year for us too since Blake and CP are free agents next year. Can't be messing around with the Free Agent crop this year 

We got problems, man. With all these crazy deals getting handed out, we're going to have trouble filling out the roster with better than competent players - and that's even if we strike out on KD. Doc may actually be forced to play guys like Wilcox, Dawson and Johnson.

We got problems, man. With all these crazy deals getting handed out, we're going to have trouble filling out the roster with better than competent players - and that's even if we strike out on KD. Doc may actually be forced to play guys like Wilcox, Dawson and Johnson.
Prepare for 

CP

JJ

Luc

Blake

DJ

Which isn't the end of the world. But the depth looks like it may be an issue. Another reason why we need to keep Austin and even Jamal if we can. Need some type of competence off the bench

Maybe we can re-sign Lance. Then - except for the draft pick - it would be like the trade never happened.

Back
Top Bottom