*Official LOST Season 4/5 Discussion Thread*

When Jack wakes up on the island either he was teleported. OR this was Jacks FIRST time being sent back in time.
He rushed to the beach like he knew to go there.
WOW!! You all are going to make me rewatch every episode of Lost over again to see how Jack acts. Plus the fact Jack was dying to go back on theisland in one of the flash-forwards (with Kate by the airport), makes me think he would try and do anything to go back.

Originally Posted by Nickthestick91

The finale is on tonight? My mom just told me.
nerd.gif

is this true, i thought it was next week

Here's my thing....lets assume there are a TON of "casual" viewers who watch this show that dont follow every spoiler, re-watch DVDs, etc. Butthey still dont miss an ep.

When LOST finally wraps up a couple years how are they possibly going to tie in every single loose-end, and in a way people understand it? Wasnt there somewebsite that said there are over 100 semi-major things that have yet to be explained? (With more seemingly being added by the week LOL). And arent most of usalways going "oh ya I forgot about that in Season 2."

Seems everything is going to eventually tie-in and we are going to get a conclusion....but what if most viewers cant remember every little scene and clue fromthe past 4 years? What good does a clue about Jack's motions in the opening scene do if viewers havent seen that scene in 4 years?

Perhaps Im overthinking myself.

dam thats amazing how the producers put so many little things in the FIRST episode thats just being brought to light now

can anyone (NYC?) recommend other episodes to go back and rewatch for things like this?

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

When Jack wakes up on the island either he was teleported. OR this was Jacks FIRST time being sent back in time.
He rushed to the beach like he knew to go there.
WOW!! You all are going to make me rewatch every episode of Lost over again to see how Jack acts. Plus the fact Jack was dying to go back on the island in one of the flash-forwards (with Kate by the airport), makes me think he would try and do anything to go back.

exactly, thats what i was thinking.

Another thing LOST related, Did we confirm it was Ben in the coffin? I know the area was a black neighborhood. But he is the only one I know that hasabsolutely no one that would come to his funeral. No family and certainly no friends. And the only short person to fit in a coffin that small and who elsewould Kate be so adamant. that she wouldnt go?

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

The baton laying beside Jack when he wakes up.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Right?
the other thing i noticed from that scene is that he has that little booze bottle in his pocket...remember in last season's finale he was an alcoholic and he kept telling kate how he would board random flights in hope of landing back on the island? Also, I'm thinking that if in fact he went back in time to prevent making the same mistake, but ended up making that mistake anyways (calling the freighter, dooming the island, etc.), then that'll reinforce the whole theme of fate, and how you can't change destiny
Yeah... it's hard to tell if it's actually the thing than Ben carries. If it is, so far it's just a weapon, but it could have something to do with time travel/teleportation/the Orchid, which could turn that whole opening scene of the pilot episode on its head...

Originally Posted by brovash

dam thats amazing how the producers put so many little things in the FIRST episode thats just being brought to light now

can anyone (NYC?) recommend other episodes to go back and rewatch for things like this?

The Episode where he takes them to the cave and finds the skeletons, the episode they discover the black rock. Season 1 is filled with a lot of stuff likethat.

I still like the idea that the opening scene with Jack on the ground in the pilot episode is Jack's second coming on the Island through time and the actualscene of everyone on the beach is from the initial crash and it just plays our mind like it's all one scene...ehh whatever though.

BTW, on a TOTALLY different note (just watching season 1 again). Boones death was sad. Sorry. Had to get that out.

Since no one posted it yet...

Next week is 3 hours of LOST
- The first hour is last weeks episode with new scenes (8pm est)
- Then its the 2 hour season finale (9pm est)

pimp.gif

I'm thinking the pilot episode's opening scene could be showing Jack wake up after teleporting/time travelling/being thrown in some timeloop, and he subconciously knows what to do but doesn't exactly remember having lived this part of his life already.

This could be connected to the Time Loop Theory of Ben being in a loop, although Ben knows what happens in his life which is why he has so much confidencein his plans.

nyc... is that the baton next to Jack? Or just a flashlight/debris?

heres something to think about...is Jack...Christian Shepard?

Meaning, he is living Christians life on the island. Think about it.

crap i didnt quote right last time
Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

The baton laying beside Jack when he wakes up.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Right?
the other thing i noticed from that scene is that he has that little booze bottle in his pocket...remember in last season's finale he was analcoholic and he kept telling kate how he would board random flights in hope of landing back on the island? Also, I'm thinking that if in fact he went backin time to prevent making the same mistake, but ended up making that mistake anyways (calling the freighter, dooming the island, etc.), then that'llreinforce the whole theme of fate, and how you can't change destiny

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

frown.gif
frown.gif
i really hope you didn't give away too much there?
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

nyc - I swear, everytime you make a comment like that, it puts my brain in a spin... now I gotta go rewatch all those bits...
laugh.gif

the sad thing is that I probably still didn't catch those details...
laugh.gif

Isn't really clicking with me.
embarassed.gif

Dont know if thats inside info that you are leading us to or just you thinking out loud lol

Its interesting, but with the whole time travel scene with Faraday. He talked about sending 1 persons conciousness.
How would he be able to send your conciousness to someone elses body?

And something else I thought of...the physic what if she was just an agent for Widmore? And lied to claire.
I dont recall how seriously Claire took the "warning". But Christian must have given her a pretty good reason to
give up her son.

I guess I've thought of something along the same lines...

An idea of mine is that Christian is somehow an old inhabitant of the island, like an "ageless" member of the Black Rock or one of the Hostiles orOthers (or are they all the same?), but somehow leaves it and ends up with a normal life. That's why he's so important and why the island is using himnow, and why he's "chosen."

Given what you're saying, perhaps the island is using Jack to do what Christian would do because Christian is now dead. Or a step further, it'sinfusing Jack with his dad's spirit and now Jack is playing his dad's role.

I'm not going to lie, I already can't wait for this entire LOST story to be over, so I can buy the entire DVD boxset, and start watching the whole damnthing... frame... by... frame.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom