Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

interesting thoughts on the radio today regarding about durant and lebron. the radio host was saying that if OKC wins this year lebron won't win anytime soon since OKC is so young and because of durant. the host also says this comparing how many great players didn't win a championship because of the Jordan Bulls team. do yall agree or disagree?
I'd buy this theory if Harden and Ibaka were already extended on smaller deals, but their stock skyrocketed this season. This core will be broken apart because they can't afford it.

its all about experience and the heat have it. okc going to lose game 1 watch. young team in their first finals gonna be shell shocked

Don't think it's Durant's time quite yet for whatever reason.

Lebron carries the Heat in 6.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

its all about experience and the heat have it. okc going to lose game 1 watch. young team in their first finals gonna be shell shocked

This is my fear and also what I think will happen. They just aint ready for this.

Game day, let's go
pimp.gif

Thunder showed me a lot of mental fortitude during that last series the way they dismantled San Antonio. They may have some stage fright at the beginning of the series but I think they'll be fine. They take the 1st 2 at home, Miami wins Game 3, OKC steals Game 4, MIA stages off elimination in Game 5 and Durant closes things back out in OKC in 6. Russ wins Finals MVP avg 30, 7, 6, KD becomes real king of the league by virtue of his spectacular closing exploits in this series.

OKC breaks through and goes on a 3-peat run
30t6p3b.gif

interesting thoughts on the radio today regarding about durant and lebron. the radio host was saying that if OKC wins this year lebron won't win anytime soon since OKC is so young and because of durant. the host also says this comparing how many great players didn't win a championship because of the Jordan Bulls team. do yall agree or disagree?

I disagree, there are way more teams to compete, with who may be just one piece away from a championship run. I don't see this Thunder team having a dominant run like that Bulls team.

Heat in 6
I like KD but dont want to see fisher with another ring and russy is a beast but a douche.

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

I disagree, there are way more teams to compete, with who may be just one piece away from a championship run. I don't see this Thunder team having a dominant run like that Bulls team.

Word.

Although I'm pulling for OKC, I'm not sure whose going to win. Bosh seems to be healthy & provided an emotional spark for the Heat that wasn't really there prior to his coming back. This should be a great finals & we'll all know more tonight. Both coaches are pretty evenly matched (so to speak) so it's all going to come down to the players. I just hope the refs are consistent...Every year I think this is the worst officiating I've ever seen only to be topped by the following year.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Miami In 6

Oklahoma hasn't seen a defense better than theirs.

That's my prediction. They either going to have go to go small and hope KD holds up on Bron..or take their chances without Thabo on the court in exchange for offensive firepower.

Tyson won the heavy weight championship of the world at 21. Greatness has no age. It transcends time and space. If the Thunder are meant to win, you will see them triumphant.

what experience does Miami have? They showed they dont know how to win a finals. ok, so I guess they'll go in knowing what doesnt work. shrugs.

the matchup i'm really curious to see, is when/if miami does what they did in the last 9 mins of game 7 against the celtics.. where they went with a lineup of: lebron, wade, battier, bosh and haslem

but i could see us doing any number of things in this series vs their "big 3"

bosh - i assume he'll get manned by perk and collison mainly (our best on the ball defenders) and i can even see KD getting some time on him as well (especially if bosh continues to play a perimeter oriented game)
- ibaka will get haslim and whatever OTHER real C/PF they decide to throw out (thus allowing him to cheat off a bit and protect the rim)

lebron - i could see thabo, KD and maybe even ibaka or collison playing on him (obviously, ibaka/colison wouldn't do if for long periods.. IF lebron goes to the 4/5 this might happen)

wade - could see thabo, russ, harden and maybe even KD on him for a bit (allow thabo and KD to use their length against him)

but i'm also really curious to see how brooks matches up our starters (russ, thabo, KD, ibaka and perk) if miami keeps their starting lineup the same (chalmers, wade, lebron, battier and haslim)

can't wait

jordan didn't have to lose an NBA finals before winning. his "hump" was the pistons.

the "hump" for OKC could have been both the lakers and the mavs.

and as far as "they haven't played a defense like miami," miami surely hasn't played an offense like the thunder. and lets not act like miami's defensive stats aren't skewed by playing in the low scoring eastern conference.

Originally Posted by Freeze

Tyson won the heavy weight championship of the world at 21. Greatness has no age. It transcends time and space. If the Thunder are meant to win, you will see them triumphant.

what experience does Miami have? They showed they dont know how to win a finals. ok, so I guess they'll go in knowing what doesnt work. shrugs.

Blinded by hatred. That doesn't even make sense.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

jordan didn't have to lose an NBA finals before winning. his "hump" was the pistons.

the "hump" for OKC could have been both the lakers and the mavs.

and as far as "they haven't played a defense like miami," miami surely hasn't played an offense like the thunder. and lets not act like miami's defensive stats aren't skewed by playing in the low scoring eastern conference.

He ain't him and this ain't that.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Rondo was HUGE that series..I can imagine if was tough as hell for Spoelstra to scheme to stop him when he had 3 HOFers catching his passes. 
laugh.gif

OKC's had one of the toughest roads to the Finals for a higher seed in recent memory and we're talking about them not being able to handle the moment? I'm not buying this "inexperience" angle. If that was the case they would've lost in the 1st Round to last year's champs...or 2nd Round to a veteran Laker group that's won 2 titles...or WCF to the Spurs w/ the best coach in the league & their 20 game winning streak. They reached the WCF last year. They've won their fair share of tough, grind-it-out, close games throughout these playoffs. Maybe they lose to the Heat but it won't be because they're not ready for the big stage.

Thunder defeated the Spurs, Lakers and Mavericks. All of whom were the past 3 champions.
You do the math.

Back
Top Bottom