Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

It's the next day, and I still can't get over what Silva did last night. I was in a bar watchin it on the projector screen
laugh.gif
. First 2 minutes everyone was lookin around like..."ok, get on wit it already." Then he unleashed that kick
eek.gif

Bow down to greatness

Originally Posted by PrideFan

Thats kind of an insult. How does a legend who destroyed Machida get set as the underdog? I got Shogun ALL the way.
So put some money on it.

I honestly have no idea how Shogun vs. Jones will turn out. Shogun is a beast, but Jones continues to impress. I got Jones winning this by TKO in the second or third.

Originally Posted by LLCoolMichael

Steven Segal claims he taught Anderson that kick...

And I taught Jordan how to shoot.
I thought the same, but I think that Anderson confirmed it? Not sure though.

^
maybe he did.  but anderson used a similar kick on henderson.  the one last night looked more vicious though and made vitor crumble.

The reason why this is a bad match up for Rua is because of his knees and because Jones trained to emulate Rua to spar with Rashaad. No knee heals 100% if he gets leg kicks in on Rua he will slow him down alot. Rua has been throught alot of wars . Jon Jones is way stronger than Forrest Griffin and is extremely unorthodox he is like a young Anderson Silva with all the natural gifts and great wrestling. Rua has a terrible match up with this guy. Jones wins he has to face Rampager or lyoto if he beats those guys then griffin. CANT WAIT

Anyone else trying to get tickets for Shogun V.S Jones? Cheapest I saw were $500 today. Hopefully i can scoop up a pair for $100 each sometime this month.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

...at anyone thinking Jones can beat Shogun IF shogun is healthy. Jones vs Shogun is insane, Jones isn't ready to face a Shogun, i say he should be given winner of thiago rampage or machida.

Well the UFC needed a replacement for Rashad, Forrest was definitely not ready and Rampage doesn't deserve it being 1-1 in his past 2 fights. Jones has a good chance but I don't see why he's the favourite... hype train is getting somewhat out of control.

Originally Posted by LLCoolMichael

Steven Segal claims he taught Anderson that kick...

And I taught Jordan how to shoot.

He trained with him for this fight, go check his and Anderson's interview with Ariel Helwani.

people are forgetting shogun has some of the best striking he's Anderson Silva level stand up wise and i'd argue his ground game is better than jones plus the submissions
I hate to say but Jones is going to be ktfo

Originally Posted by Smedroc

...at anyone thinking Jones can beat Shogun IF shogun is healthy. Jones vs Shogun is insane, Jones isn't ready to face a Shogun, i say he should be given winner of thiago rampage or machida.
Seeing as im sitting upfront on this bandwagon im saying Jones will stop him in 1 round.

So what exactly is Jones going to finish Shogun by?? KO? TKO? Neither of which Shogun has lost by, the ONLY way i see Jones winning is MAYBE and a huge maybe is by sub.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

The key for Jones is his wrestling.
This. plus his size/speed/athleticism advantage

hes got a 9 inch reach adv. on shogun 
sick.gif

Dam,i still wish they put a liddell vs anderson silva match together...would have been an awesome striking match!

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Seeing as im sitting upfront on this bandwagon im saying Jones will stop him in 1 round.

So what exactly is Jones going to finish Shogun by?? KO? TKO? Neither of which Shogun has lost by, the ONLY way i see Jones winning is MAYBE and a huge maybe is by sub.
cartwheel kick to the temple.

I think Shogun's best asset in this fight is his ability to quickly close the distance and get inside on guys. Jones' reach is freaky but I think Shogun is going to be able to quickly get in and out with his strikes and win the fight with a late stoppage.

demonbasketball04 wrote:

PPV
Anderson Silva
vs. Vitor Belfort
Rich Franklin vs. Forrest Griffin
Jon Jones vs. Ryan Bader
Jake Ellenberger vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha
Miguel Torres vs. Antonio Banuelos

SpikeTV Prelims
Donald Cerrone
vs. Paul Kelly
Chad Mendes vs. Michihiro Omigawa

Facebook Stream
KID Yamamoto
vs. Demetrious Johnson

Untelevised Prelims
Paul Taylor
vs. Gabe Ruediger
Kyle Kingsbury vs. Ricardo Romero
Mike Pierce vs. Kenny Robertson

9 outta 11.
pimp.gif

Jones/Rua will be a very interesting fight. BIG LOL to those who think Jones has no chance at defeating Rua.

When was the last time Rua looked overly-impressive?!

Was it the submission loss to Forrest?!

Or the TKO gassing over Coleman?!

Maybe it was the KO over an over-the-hill Liddell.

Nah, it's got to be the 5 round squeaker with Machida (I gave Shogun that fight).

Oh wait, you're talking abuot the KO over Machida (his last fight).

Such short term memory displayed in this entire thread by everyone EXCEPT a select few.

On the flip side, when was the last time Jones DIDN'T look impressive?!

To say his title shot hasn't been earned is an insult. The only man I think that could have an argument for a title shot before him would be Rampage, and there is no way in hell Rampage is taking a title shot this short notice!

Props to Jones for stepping up and taking this opportunity iof a lifetime.

BONES WILL BE CHAMPION MARCH 19TH.

Looks like a lot of activity in this thread over the weekend.

Jon Jones is lookin unstoppable. Jones coming out -150 seems a tad high. I thought it would be closer to a coin flip or -120 range.

Thank you Demon I was sitting here trying to figure out if i was the only person in here who hasent been impressed by Rua, hes had one impressive fight in a long time

Back
Top Bottom