Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

laugh.gif
tbone getting torn a new one over this.

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

laugh.gif
tbone getting torn a new one over this.
He should be used to it by now...
grin.gif

Everyone has had a turn goin' in that +%$. (PAUSE)

Anyways...I'm hoping there's no more injury problems or any future DL stints for Posada. No need in rushing back without being 100%.

Joba needs to be in the pen period. With bruney being out probably for the rest of the season the yankees need to solidify the bullpen and who better thanjoba. He was the toast of the town 2 years ago throwin 98 mph out the pen with a wicked slider but ofcourse the yankee brass had to screw him up and try tomake him a poor mans josh beckett which he will not be. Joba is a bullpen pitcher at heart look at him when he's on the mound he looks like a totallydifferent guy out there and he is

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Joba = 2nd best ERA only to CC (only 0.28 ERA pts behind).... and CC is kind of good....
Joba will be in the pen.
No he won't.
The Yankees brass doesn't see your point of view, they see mine.
Joba is staying a starter.
And Yankees will continue to lose.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah I'm glad the Yankees are in 5th place in the AL East.........
indifferent.gif

I get that the Yankees need bullpen help. But Joba has a 3.25 ERA in 21 career starts and is averaging 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings. CC Sabathia has a 3.65 ERA as a starter and averages 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings. Lets make him a reliever. He throws hard. I bet he would be good at it.

And to end the case
LOL @ this clown, who do you keep quoting anyway?
There is a reason even Yankee fans are disagreeing with you, but its already been established how much of a clown you are on this board.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Key word "fans"...... not the people with actually more baseball intelligence then just mere fans.
At the end of the day, unfortunately for you.... Joba is a starter & will remain a starter.
So I get the last laugh.

I'll leave at that.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'd be better off talking to a brick wall. It's funny how you refuse to address any facts I stated in either of my two posts you just quote some blogger or %##+#*# writer who sounds even stupider than you do if that's possible. Do you know how %##+#*# idiotic it is to compare Joba's career ERA as a starter to CC's? To compare 21 starts to 264? CC eats innings in less pitches than Joba does. And Roy Halladay? Get the %$#* outta here with that #%!@%@*#. You know why Roy Halladay wasn't sent to be a relief pitcher? HE NEVER HAD A %##+#*# HISTORY OF %##+#*# ARM INJURIES. How %##+#*# stupid are you? Seriously. You debate and argue *@%# like a 5 year old child. How would the Yankees be stupid putting Joba in the pen? Saving his arm? Possibly saving his career? You're a %##+#*# waste of 10,000 posts. Jesus.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yall are so bitter it's hilarious
My god, what a tool.... calm the hell down

I'm done as well
Good. Get off my nuts then, you been riding them for months.
Originally Posted by true 3 blue

And yall were laughing at me for getting at Tbone
laugh.gif

DO WORK Proshares
laugh.gif
He didn't do a damn thing and neither did you

I don't even got a problem with Tbone like that. I'll respect his opinion as long as he backs it up with something substantial. He's going to comeand quote writers and not form his own opinion. It's w/e though he's not going to address the facts I presented to him so I'll leave it at that. Idon't have any problem with tbone.

LOL...this dude talking like he's important, just cause you're easy to make fun of doesn't mean anyone is "ridin' ya nuts" kiddo.
laugh.gif

But then again, its a Seattle native trying to kick knowledge to native New Yorkers about NY sports.

We all know Joba is going to start now clown, but if everything pans out he will back in the pen. How else are you going to utilize all 3 (Wang, Hughes, andJoba) to benefit your team RIGHT NOW? Joba as a starter doesn't help the team right now, you want more short outings with that already shaky pen? Leadswill be blown by the 6-7th innings.

Good job ignoring the facts I brought up, keep comparing him to great starters like C.C. You don't back up your arguments with valid numbers, you skew themto make your opinion seem valid when the reality is it makes yourself look even worse as a fan.

sad_clown.jpg

Oh and for the record.... the Yankees have only blown ONE game in the 8th inning this year.
Meanwhile Joba has helped us win more then 1 game as a starter.

But but but Joba being in the pen = more wins!!!!!

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

And he's 23 year olds..... and already GOOD...... how are you going to limit a young kid to the bullpen, when he could turn out to be a DOMINATE force inthe rotation and one of the best pitchers in baseball

And IF you're going to the move him into the bullpen doesn't it HAVE to be for the closer spot and ONLY the closer spot???

The set-up role, really?

Simply doesn't make any sense.

I get that the Yankees need bullpen help. But Joba has a 3.25 ERA in 21 career starts and is averaging 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings. CC Sabathia has a 3.65 ERA as a starter and averages 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings. Lets make him a reliever. He throws hard. I bet he would be good at it.

And to end the case

LOL @ this clown, who do you keep quoting anyway? What exactly are you "ending"? stop quoting some random blog all the time to help get your point across.

We talking about this season.....Joba has a 4 ERA and that 9.8 K's per 9 innings is useless because hes pitching 5 innings a game throwing 100+ pitches, so those 9 K's per 9 innings is an avg of two games pretty much. So in those 5 inning outings as he usually has, he is averaging 5 K's....AMAZING.
eek.gif

Why are you ignoring his HIGH WHIP for this season or his ERA, or his problem throwing too many pitches (seems like he throws 80 pitches by the 4th inning every outing).

The fact that you want to compare Joba to C.C. shows how much of a clown you are. The only reason Joba isn't in the pen right now is because they are waiting for Wang to get straightened out, because once that happens he will be in the pen. You think if the Yankees make the playoffs Joba is going to even SNIFF a start? If Mariano gets hurt who do you think goes to the pen immediately? The best way to utilalize all 3 is if you put Joba in the pen.

There is a reason even Yankee fans are disagreeing with you, but its already been established how much of a clown you are on this board.

That's absolutely not how K/9 works at all. He has pitched 45.1 innings and struck out 46. It doesn't matter at all how many innings he pitches perstart. That has no effect on the stat, at all.

Joba is a starter, and always has been one. Where does this "he has a history of arm trouble" stuff come from? He had shoulder tendinitis last year,a common injury for pitchers, and a minor triceps injury four years ago.

Do people really think he is going to replicate the 59 innings he pitched as a reliever? There is no chance in hell he puts up those numbers as a reliever forthe rest of his career.

Joba's can throw 4 pitches and he can throw them very well. He has to learn to put guys away with 2 strikes and has to be more aggressive within the strikezone. He has to pitch better in the first inning. He has made 21 starts in his career. Its ridiculous that this is even being discussed

Do people really think he is going to replicate the 59 innings he pitched as a reliever? There is no chance in hell he puts up those numbers as a reliever for the rest of his career.

How do you know that though?

He is a completely different pitcher out of the pen, and can throw 2 innings if need be to shut it down and give the ball to Mo. His velocity is higher, andhis whip is insane.

I don't see how its ridiculous this is being discussed, he throws an extreme amount of pitches by the 5th inning and labors through most of his starts withpitch counts....and the way the Yankees BABY him I don't see how that benefits the team if you can let him throw 100+ in his starts.

Do people really think he is going to replicate the 59 innings he pitched as a reliever? There is no chance in hell he puts up those numbers as a reliever for the rest of his career.

How do you know that though?

He is a completely different pitcher out of the pen, and can throw 2 innings if need be to shut it down and give the ball to Mo. His velocity is higher, and his whip is insane.

I don't see how its ridiculous this is being discussed, he throws an extreme amount of pitches by the 5th inning and labors through most of his starts with pitch counts....and the way the Yankees BABY him I don't see how that benefits the team if you can let him throw 100+ in his starts.
Because those 59 innings where insane thats why. He struck out almost 12 batters per 9 and his Whip was 1. I think Joba will be a great pitcherbut those are ridiculous numbers to put up for the rest of his career. He was basically new to the league in 07 when his pitched in relief and by the next yearthe league had a better idea of his stuff. Most of the batters he faced were seeing him for the first time. With the stuff he posses its understandable why forseeing him for the first time batters struggles so much.

He does throw to many pitches in games, and thats part of his development. He has to learn how to put batters away earlier. He also has to get better in thefirst inning which is crazy. Batters are hiting .450 of him in the first. Besides those things he has been very good as a starter. He is only 23 and has todevelop but if the Yankees let him at 26 he might be one of the best in the game.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Y'all doing your best imitations of Mike Francesa and Alex from Bedminster
roll.gif
Seriously dude, upload that mp3 on z-share.

That clip is straight comedy, 2nd to his rant about Delgado's 9 RBI game at Yankee stadium.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom