Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Twitter
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Does Westbrook need it removed or repaired?

That's to be determined.

"Russell Westbrook - G - Thunder
A source tells Yahoo Sports that "perhaps" only 2 percent of Russell Westbrook's meniscus is torn.
Surgery is scheduled for sometime in the next 48 hours. At that point, doctors will decide if they'll just "clean up" Westbrook's meniscus or do a full repair. Obviously, the full repair would be better for his long-term health but it would also keep him for three months. A mere clean up could have Westbrook back in weeks. Meanwhile, a source told Yahoo that Westbrook is "irate" with Rockets guard Patrick Beverley for lunging into his knee while he was trying to call a timeout.
Source: Yahoo Sports Apr 26 - 3:34 PM"

Sorry but 4-1 is not a close series..

You must not have watched it then. Game 1 OKC was dominant, and Game 5 Miami dominated, but Games 2,3 and 4 all came down to the last 2 or 3 plays. It's not as if Miami just skated to a ring after game 1.
Lol.. your asking me if I watched it? I've been a heat fan.. you guys sounding like Paul walker.. "dude I almost had you"

Damn, Westbrook is one of my favorite players in the league, loved watching dude play with such intensity. So many good players out playoffs feel weird.

Can't really blame Beverly though, you should go for the steal when it looks like someone is getting ready to call a timeout because they might get careless with the ball. I know it happened after the whistle but it was like half a second. And you know you can't play soft if you're trying to guard Westbrook.

Really hope Westbrook has a good quick recovery.

Damn I kinda dont want to watch the playoffs anymore seeing all the stars go down

Zach Lowe on Westbrook and the role of injuries in championships

This is also an unkind reminder that luck plays a role every single year in determining the NBA champion. In the last half-decade alone, injuries, both serious and of the minor nick variety, have impacted Bryant, Rose, Gallinari, Lee, Westbrook, Kenneth Faried, Dwyane Wade, Ray Allen, Chris Bosh, Avery Bradley, Kevin Garnett, Bynum, Kendrick Perkins, Amar’e Stoudemire, several other Knicks, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, Luol Deng, Jameer Nelson, Manu Ginobili, Chris Paul, David West, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph, Darrell Arthur, Yao Ming, Brandon Roy, Caron Butler, Udonis Haslem, Kenyon Martin, Chauncey Billups, and on, and on, and on, and on

It has always been like this, to some degree, dating to Bill Russell’s injury in the 1958 Finals and well before. Willis Reed missed the 1972 Finals. Jerry West was injured seemingly every playoffs, though he played through it, and his teammate Wilt Chamberlain had to leave Game 7 of the 1969 Finals — perhaps the most famous game in league history — with a knee injury in the fourth quarter. John Havlicek, Isiah Thomas, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kevin McHale, Ginobili, Karl Malone (the L.A. version), and so, so, so many other key players either suffered major injuries or played through painful ones during the playoffs. And that’s only the very start of the list of stars, let alone the important role players teams have had to do without at crucial times. Not every injury is equal, obviously, but every one tips the championship odds in some way.

It’s more fun to talk about “clutch” and manliness and coming through under pressure, and all that stuff does matter. But so does luck. Just dumb, stupid, knee-related luck.

Link

Brooks needs to start reggie and not try to make kd a point forward if fish is starting, I already see it happening

You must not have watched it then. Game 1 OKC was dominant, and Game 5 Miami dominated, but Games 2,3 and 4 all came down to the last 2 or 3 plays. It's not as if Miami just skated to a ring after game 1.

Okc was dominat in game? Okc didn't even get there first lead until the 4th quarter in game 1 and we were. Up by like 17 in the first half we choked game 1 away and if we wouldn't have done that it would have been a sweep.

why is no one talking about...or mentions the fact the spurs are lowkey smart for not playing mcgrady until they get past the first round for fear the jinx will have them losing 4 str8 to la lakers.

why is no one talking about...or mentions the fact the spurs are lowkey smart for not playing mcgrady until they get past the first round for fear the jinx will have them losing 4 str8 to la lakers.
has he even been in pre game  shoot arounds ? Pop believes in jinx thou

Reading how the Timberwolves screwed themselves over and over again was eerily similar to the chapter in Bill Simmons' Book of Basketball which outlined the Suns terrible mismanagement.  Some people have no business running a professional sports team.

yeah. Reading that article made you realize how incompetent Kahn was. I mean all I knew about his mismanagement was the 09 draft with the whole 3 PG picks and letting Klove have a opt out after year 3 and signing Broy to 10mil deal. But after reading that simmons article :x :smh:

The Twolves could have had a nice young promising squad. :smh:

Sums up Kahn's tenure nicely:
The Timberwolves turned a potential Rubio/Curry/Lawson windfall into just Rubio (who didn't come to Minnesota for two extra years); two years of Flynn (played in Australia last year); backup guard Malcolm Lee; three injury-plagued years and more than $15 million of damaged goods (Webster and Roy); and nearly $6 million of Webster/Milicic buyouts. They also briefly had and lost Motiejunas (a promising rotation guy for Houston), Parsons (no. 48 on the trade value list), Mirotic (Chicago's best prospect overseas) and Cole (a rotation guy for a 66-win team); and they have Memphis's 2013 first-rounder (near the bottom of a dreadful draft) and Brooklyn's 2013 second-rounder to show for their troubles.

Hey_

anthonyVslater via Twitter12:39 pm Scott Brooks wouldn't commit to Reggie Jackson as the starter: "He's an option."

:stoneface:

Julius F. Wrek

C'mon Scott

In all of this hopefully Ibaka picks it up now too. To me he's been the x-factor if they were going to win it. I think against Denver it will be interesting but then the Conference Finals I mean man :x

Clips (athletic bigs, enough scoring punch) or Spurs (bigs, don't turnover the ball, smarter club, will make the Heat defense work) would oppose a more challenge

Hope the best for Russ.

That SI article dropping now just makes it harder for Durant now.

Pat Bev on Westbrook:
"Anyone who knows me, I don't go out to try and hurt anybody," Beverley said. "I play at one speed. That's fast. I crash the offensive glass. I was just trying to make a play on the ball before they called time out. A play like that is unfortunate right now

Rudy Gay got corrective eye surgery. Let's hope he becomes efficient.

Raptors contacted Phil for any interest in the front office job.

Last edited:
I'm looking at Ibaka as well, he has to score 5-10 more points than usual.

Dwayne Wade is never healthy, I don't see him playing past 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom