Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flip targeting Juice, who recently opted out of his contract thus becoming UFA. Twolves need to fix cap situation first before having shot at Juice.

Starting 5 of Rubio, Juice, AK, Love, Pek. Not bad at all. Plus bench dwill, chase, barea, luke, dante.

If healthy, that becomes a sleeper team out west. Very solid at every position. If Rubio could just develop a reliable burner man :smh: they need some reliable shooting from the point position.
A sleeper team out west to do what?

Flip targeting Juice, who recently opted out of his contract thus becoming UFA. Twolves need to fix cap situation first before having shot at Juice.

Starting 5 of Rubio, Juice, AK, Love, Pek. Not bad at all. Plus bench dwill, chase, barea, luke, dante.

If healthy, that becomes a sleeper team out west. Very solid at every position. If Rubio could just develop a reliable burner man :smh: they need some reliable shooting from the point position.
A sleeper team out west to do what?
To get swept in the first round.

It's interesting that everyone blasted Memphis when the Gasol trade went down, but while Marc is not a better player than Pau has been, he's probably had a better career at Memphis than Pau did.

He's actually gotten out of the first round twice and has an individual award in his few years there.

They just announced Joey Crawford is doing game 3 of Bulls and Heat SMH

:lol:

They should be considerate and add an hr to gametime for the DVR crowd.

LOL MWP

b1934cdd_LATweet.PNG

pfffffffffffffffskljdaikjf

Last edited:
:rofl: I should have clarified that ISN'T my pic. Found it on FB, a Reddit user sent that letter to the league offices and got that response.

After a few drinks three weeks ago, I declared myself eligible for the NBA Draft. Completely forgot about it until I got this in the mail today.

You can declare yourself for the draft if you fill out the right paperwork.

And several hours before tip-off, people are already complaining about the refs.

[–]Warriorsremembertosmile 57 points 12 hours ago
Hello,
Do not be fooled by false agents. I am a Nigerian basketball agent and also retired prince. Please send me inbox with account and routing number for confirmation. I promise fame and fortune.
Xoxo

:lol:

[h3] [/h3]
[h3]Hibbert Believes He's NBA's Best Defensive Center[/h3]
May 10, 2013 11:27 AM EDT

Hibbert_Roy_ind_120630.jpg

Roy Hibbert believes he’s the best defensive center in the NBA.

“Yes,” Hibbert said, when posed the question of whether he ranks atop the league’s big men in that category.

Hibbert sits second among qualified centers in block percentage, which doesn’t reveal the number of shots a properly positioned defender alters altogether.

“He's the best in the league at earning no-calls at the rim,” Frank Vogel said earlier in the Pacers’ series against the New York Knicks. “That's where he's grown the most over the last four years. We know the way to beat the Knicks is to make plays without fouling them. You have to make plays on the ball without fouling. That's the goal.”

Hibbert honed that skill in summer workouts with Vogel after his first couple of seasons in the NBA.

“Those types of concepts were things I worked with Roy on,” Vogel said. “Put the back of your hands on the front of the rim. Don't go outside the paint to give help. If you're in the charge circle and not on the ground, you can earn a no-call.”

Via Mark Montieth/NBA.com
laugh.gif

Zach Lowe of Grantland: “Look, Perkins has value. He’s a good post defender, a solid (illegal) screener, and he leads the league in scowling and complaining about very obvious fouls he just committed. He’s also a solid passer for a big man, and that has helped Ibaka nab some easy buckets over the last two seasons. But he’s a walking turnover who cannot do basic things on offense, such as: catching the ball, shifting his feet without traveling, and placing the ball into the basket. Collison isn’t Gasol, but he’s a heady passer, a brilliant dribble handoff partner for any competent perimeter player, a reliable jump-shooter, and capable of catching a defense off guard by faking one of those handoffs and driving to the rim.”

agree with everything said above.. but i think he was being VERY generous by saying "he's also a solid passer for a big man"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom