OFFICIAL NBA 2K17 Thread | Available Now

We perfectly understand how the game works, what's weighted, and expected. Dudes are just voicing their opinions on how things can improve...and their reactions to the prequel.

Idk what's hard to understand about that.
It is VERY hard to understand when the complaint is, "My PG averaged 10 and 10 and isn't a lottery pick."

If it was the 15 and 5 wing player that wasn't a lottery pick, then I see your issue (which I brought up and you purposely ignored).

But not crying about the 10 and 10 pg.

No THAT isn't a game issue, that is you need to get your numbers us

How is it not good enough to demand a lottery pick when there have been real life lottery picks that put up not even as good as those numbers. 

Last edited:
10 and 10 or similar numbers aren't mid to low first round and scathing scouting reports. That was the original point we were trying to make.

Last edited:
So what are you arguing? :lol:

You arent saying anything. I know this is your "thing"...but you aren't saying much right now.

We just wanna see the game move closer to reality. Nothing wrong with pointing things out about the game that can be fixed.

I really don't see where you're coming from
Read again. I made myself clear many times.

10 and 10 from a PG is NOT, "I DESERVE TO BE LOTTERY" material.

That is my thesis

10 and 10 or similar numbers aren't mid to low first round and scathing scouting reports. That was the original point we were trying to make.
And that is WRONG.

Not even just looking at FRESHMAN Pgs, the VAST majority of PGS in NCAA history thst averaged close to 10 assists per game were no where NEAR lottery picks.

So thst is why it is wild to DEMAND 10 and 10 from a PG is lottery worthy

A 10 & 10 FRESHMAN POINT GUARD...that was the:

-#1 Player in the COUNTRY
-Led his team to the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
-ALREADY A PROJECTED LOTTERY PICK (Becsuse 95% of #1 Prospects are lotto picks)
-Averaged 10 ASSIST PER GAME (major conference guards max out about 7apg...and they are usually upper clas man)

Would UNDOUBTLY be a lotto pick. If not the #1 pick :lol:. I don't think you've played the prelude. Because if you did...you'd realize that the "President" isn't borderline 4 year college player trying to get some time....

He's a PHENOM....expected to be a one and done lotto pick. 10 & 10 gets you that....if not more.

And that is WRONG.

Not even just looking at FRESHMAN Pgs, the VAST majority of PGS in NCAA history thst averaged close to 10 assists per game were no where NEAR lottery picks.

So thst is why it is wild to DEMAND 10 and 10 from a PG is lottery worthy

So if a freshman pg averaged 10 and 10 would you question if he's ready for the league?

MIKE CONLEY
Again dude, you name one and I can name 40

40 freshman PGs that averaged 10 and 10? And we're consensus top 5 players?

Name them

40 freshman PGs that averaged 10 and 10? And we're consensus top 5 players?

Name them
THAT isn't what I said

I said outside of freshman. I was speaking in general about people averaging close to a double double from the PG position

Regardless of class

View media item 2163176

Let's look at Tyler Ulis.

Highly touted as an incoming Freshman PG. Put up solid numbers his first year. (11 and 5); sure it isn't 10 assists or close to it.

Do we believe if he DID average closer to 10 assists that he would have been a GUARANTEED lottery pick?

Highly touted as an incoming Freshman PG. Put up solid numbers his first year. (11 and 5); sure it isn't 10 assists or close to it.

Do we believe if he DID average closer to 10 assists that he would have been a GUARANTEED lottery pick?

Was Tyler ulis the consensus #1 player in his class...and a projected one and done out of college? :nerd:

No. He's also a 5'9 PG. an outlier.

Terrible example to use.

Last edited:

Pretty sure dude didn't create a 5-9 145lb PG.

Was Tyler ulis the consensus #1 player in his class...and a projected one and done out of college? :nerd:

No. He's also a 5'9 PG. an outlier.

Terrible example to use.
Outlier?

Are we really going to use the word OUTLIER for a situation that has NEVER happened in the history of college basketball?

Cool.

Tyler Ulis had a nice game winner during summer league. I was in the building to witness it :lol:

Edit: this debate about averaging a double double and draft stock has dragged on way too long :lol:

Last edited:
Kendall Marshall was a lotto pick too...
nerd.gif

10 & 8....as a sophomore
laugh.gif
Raymond Felton was a top 5 pick and averaged 13 and 7 on a Championship team as a Junior

Deron Williams was a top 3 pick and averaged 12.5 and 7 on a team that to the National Championship as a Junior as well. 

all this 10 and 5 10 and 8 talk is useless because in real life lottery picks are determined by stats but mostly potential.

or should i say...perceived potential

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom