Official NBA 2K18 Thread | Available Now

This game sounds like a headache, man. I'ma just cop Live and sacrifice great graphics and animations for fun gameplay :lol:

Seriously, 2K is my yearly black Friday purchase, but after hearing how it's a struggle idk anymore. Last year was a grind fest that I really didn't enjoy.

"we want skill gap"

AND

"free throws are too hard. i can't dunk."

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

In my opinion this is probably the worst 2K I've seen in awhile if we're talking everything outside of the improved, more realistic gameplay & graphics/animations

Everything about the game is too forced and cringe worthy

Micro-transactions up the a**, the neighborhood is a joke, most of the commentary is all recycled from previous versions with some lines dating back to 2K15

But probably my biggest gripe of all is all these new "Historic" teams. Almost every single one of these team only has 8 or 9 of the actual roster before filling the remaining slots with random made up players with trash ratings. If you can't even make the full team they shouldn't be in the game period

outside of gameplay, i may be inclined to agree....everything else is quite horrible.

gameplay, though?

FLAWLESS.

i'm actually salty they made it easier to dunk...and layups have a higher success rate, as well...

this is coming from a slasher LOL

Crazy seeing this thread go from people being excited for 2K18 before release to non stop complaining after release. Seems to be happening on other media sites as well.

Thinking about picking up a copy next weekend. Got a few games I can trade in at gamestop so I can knock the price down. I'm loving Live, but I still need my MyPark fix.

Game is good, it could just use some adjustments
I think the frustation comes from the degree of difficulty change that they made from 2k17 to 2k18, toooo big of a jump/switch.
It's literally a struggle to hit a shot in 2k18 (free throw, lay up, jump shot).

I'm a 86 or 87 in 2k18, I was maybe an 80 in 2k17 and my guy on 2k17 is leaps and bounds better than my guy now. Like Kobe to Earl Boykins difference, in every aspect.

Now if I was a 60-68 overall, then I'd be ok with it and not be complaining (which i'm really not/not mad) but for me to be an 86/87 and my guy shooting 50-56% from the free throw line and 39-42% from the field, that's a problem lol

Yo lol
How many haircuts ya'll getting??????!!!!
Ya'll rock a different haircut per game?
I've NEVER seen so much talk about haircuts before, in any game.

I'm a 86 or 87 in 2k18, I was maybe an 80 in 2k17 and my guy on 2k17 is leaps and bounds better than my guy now. Like Kobe to Earl Boykins difference, in every aspect.

Now if I was a 60-68 overall, then I'd be ok with it and not be complaining (which i'm really not/not mad) but for me to be an 86/87 and my guy shooting 50-56% from the free throw line and 39-42% from the field, that's a problem lol

thats because your guy isnt really an 86 hes probably like a 78-79

take his attributes and make a create a player with em and youll get your real overall

This game sounds like a headache, man. I'ma just cop Live and sacrifice great graphics and animations for fun gameplay :lol:

lmao

maxresdefault.jpg

game is harder, you said it yourself.

i think it's nice to have difficulty mastering the game.

as opposed to averaging 50-20-15-15 every game with an 80 ovr.....
Crazy seeing this thread go from people being excited for 2K18 before release to non stop complaining after release. Seems to be happening on other media sites as well.

Thinking about picking up a copy next weekend. Got a few games I can trade in at gamestop so I can knock the price down. I'm loving Live, but I still need my MyPark fix.

this is what happens when the reality of a legit skill gap sets in, and you on the wrong side of the skilled category.

i was dogging 80+ overalls in the park.

i'm sure they think the game is stupid and broken too.

I think the game itself is great! They've taken the stick you like glue factor out and used strategy to stop dribble penetration. Wide open shots are at a minimum. There are a few issues here and there, but overall, it's a great game so far. There aren't many defensive lapses where the cpu just doesn't pick up their man, rotations are solid. (I only play my gm/my league)

yeah I def. welcome the challenge with the new difficulty, I am just saying that the leap in difficulty was huge instead of gradually.

Team is 9-13 so far. They just put me in the starting lineup, we've been undefeated since I've been in the starting lineup

So whats it looking like?

Should I pull the trigger today or keep up with 2K17?

So whats it looking like?

Should I pull the trigger today or keep up with 2K17?
If my career is what you play most I'd say wait until Black Friday deals come around but if not then its a must cop

A lot of improvements on the gameplay end that make 2K17 obsolete

Tempted to cop but I think I'll wait for the Black Friday deal. SNES Mini should have most of my attention for the next couple months when it drops anyway.

Back
Top Bottom