Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Nash goes to Knicks or Heat. If he goes to Portland i will mos def check out some games.

Its not even the fact that he's not worth a max deal, its just the fact that they will invest so much into an injury prone player. I think he's very capable of being a 25ppg scorer in this league, but he has yet to show he can remain healthy for a full season (with the exception of his rookie year). 

Steve Nash wouldn't even be a good fit. Miami already has the PGs they can succeed with.......NY is the best place for him IMO

Nash wouldnt go to Portland so i dont know who making that rumor up.

team is terrible and its cursed. unless he wants his back to get even worse to where he can even walk anymore, go ahead.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Nash to Portland or back to Phoenix.
What kind of choice is that? That's basically saying end your career or continue it.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

RIP to Nash if he goes to Portland.
But all indications point toward the Hornets making a concerted effort to re-sign their restricted free agent, shooting guard Eric Gordon.

New Orleans appears ready to match any offer Gordon might get on the open market, even if means extending him a maximum-money contract of five years worth $80 million, league sources said.
Welp. Looks like New Orleans will give Gordon a max deal.

They will probably match whatever offer he gets instead of outright offering him 5 yrs 80 mil.

I don't see anybody offering Gordon a crazy amount right now. So I don't think they even have to worry when they match an offer.

Sources: Deron Williams prefers 2
Updated: June 24, 2012, 12:35 AM ET
By Marc Stein | ESPN.com

When NBA free agency begins at midnight July 1, Brooklyn Nets star guard Deron Williams will be choosing from a two-team list that only features the Nets and the Dallas Mavericks, according to sources close to the situation.

Sources told ESPN.com on Saturday night that, while this summer's No. 1 free agent remains "up in the air" about which team he'll ultimately chose, Williams already has made the decision to narrow his list of potential destinations to those two franchises.

Nets Blog

Nets Looking for more information on the Nets? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

Other teams, including the Phoenix Suns, Portland Trail Blazers and Houston Rockets, had been hoping to lodge their own bids for Williams once free agency begins, sources said. The Los Angeles Lakers, likewise have continued to express interest in a sign-and-trade package built around Pau Gasol for Williams, sources say, despite the Nets' longstanding insistence that they have no interest in Gasol and would only consider such a move if they were getting back All-Star center Andrew Bynum, whom the Lakers have not made available.

Sources say Williams, in any case, already has instructed his representatives to advise any team that calls starting at 12:01 a.m. July 1 that he intends to either re-sign with the Nets or return to his hometown with the Mavericks after a glittering high school career in the Dallas area.

The Nets have expressed confidence all season in their ability to retain Williams, pointing to the team's forthcoming move to Brooklyn, increased off-court marketing opportunities for Williams with a team bound for New York and the fact that Russian billionaire owner Mikhail Prokhorov can offer a contract one-year longer than Dallas can worth nearly $100 million.

ESPNDallas.com Live

Tim MacMahon and Jeff Caplan discuss the future of Deron Williams. Will he play in Dallas or Brooklyn?

More Podcasts »

The maximum four-year offer the Mavericks can counter with approaches $75 million. But sources close to the process say Williams has ruled out every other suitor apart from the 2011 champions because of his respect for Mavs cornerstones Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd and his belief that owner Mark Cuban would make the follow-up moves necessary to return Dallas to title contention after a first-round exit in the 2012 playoffs.

While Williams is already settled in the New York area and known to have enjoyed his time living there, sources say he already has done some preliminary househunting in Dallas this month in the event that he chooses to return to the Western Conference. He's been with the Brooklyn-bound club since Feb. 23, 2011, when the Utah Jazz followed up the New York Knicks' acquisition of Carmelo Anthony by dealing Williams to Prokhorov's Nets, who had chased Anthony for months.

During a promotional appearance in Los Angeles earlier this month, Williams made it clear that he'll choose the team he feels is best positioned to contend for a championship fastest, expressing disappointment that he has tasted very little of the playoffs since leading Utah to the Western Conference finals in 2007.

More on the Mavericks

News, notes and analysis of the Mavericks from ESPNDallas.com's Jeff Caplan, Tim MacMahon and our team.
Blog » ESPN Dallas »

"I want to go to a place where I feel like they will have a chance to build and build fast," Williams told the Los Angeles Times. "I'm not really in the mood for being part of a rebuilding process. I'm getting older. I'm about to be 28. I want to win. I want to win now. Also, I want to live in a place where I want to live and my kids will enjoy living. That's pretty much it."

The decision, then, would appear to be riding on which team's future he rates higher.

The Nets are hoping the expected re-signing of swingman Gerald Wallace, big man Brook Lopez's pending return from foot trouble and Prokhorov's pledge to keep trying to trade for Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard ultimately will convince Williams to stay.

The Mavs' pitch centers around Nowitzki's proven ability to lead a team to a championship, Cuban's history of repeatedly reloading the roster and Dallas' contention that the path to the Finals might be slightly easier in the West in spite of the Oklahoma City Thunder's collection of talented youngsters, given that several of the West's top contenders -- such as San Antonio and the Lakers -- have older rosters.

NBA Rumor Central

InsiderESPN Insider can help you keep up with the latest NBA info. Check back often for the latest buzz.
Rumor Central Insider

Williams' mother, Denise Smith, told ESPNDallas.com's Jeff Caplan in an interview this week that even she doesn't know which team Williams will choose. But she did say she expects her son to end the suspense quickly.

"No, no I don't (know)," Smith told ESPNDallas.com by phone from her home in the Dallas suburb of The Colony. "I thought he was going one way and another time thought he was going another way."

"I think he and his agent have gone over all of the possibilities and I think it (his decision) will be made pretty fast," Smith continued. "I think he wants it out of the way, just because I know I'm asked every day, so I know he's asked a million times.

Williams and his wife, Amy, who first met in the second grade, have four children. In recent offseasons, though, Williams has based his family in Utah, San Diego and Manhattan, preferring to keep some distance from his Texas roots.

The All-Star guard is scheduled to join his Team USA teammates in Las Vegas on July 5 for the first day of training camp before the London Olympics, but Williams will likely be forced to sit out practices until July 11, which is the first day new contracts can legally be signed this offseason.

ESPN reported that Deron is considering Dallas and Jersey?

*crosses Dallas and Jersey off list of possible Deron destinations*

50/50? I'll take it
laugh.gif

I believe Mavs and BK at this point. Deron aint a drama queen like his mother alluded to. Not looking that good for the Nets with that sign back Wallace and Lopez keeping him there talk.

laugh.gif
@ Lakers I guess won't stop mentioning them until he signs with a team and says he never was considering LAL.

laugh.gif
Why is Marc Stein reporting something everybody has known for months? Did we really need that update?

He's only going to the Nets if he knows Dwight is coming. If he's not, he'll come to Dallas, wait a year, and have Dwight here next year. They're going to end up together one way or another.

I think Deron and Dwight are going to go to a darkhorse that nobody is talking about right now similar to how everybody was just talking about the Knicks, Nets, Bulls and Clippers a couple years ago in free agency and then all the sudden Miami had a ton of cap room freed up and there was a deal in place all along between Bron, Wade and Bosh. I'd look for something similar where a team has a ton of cap coming off the books, only a few players left on their roster but one of them being a close friend that plays for the Olympic team with them....

I wonder how many teams are capable and have legitimate interest in signing both Williams and Howard? Both have shown problems with coaches/management but if paired together with the right energy players and shooters, could be a force. I'd hope they go to the West, and compete with the Thunder.

please tell me this trading Noah or Deng is a joke this is a horrible move, your destroying a team out of panic we all know boozer is the one that needs to go

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

please tell me this trading Noah or Deng is a joke this is a horrible move, your destroying a team out of panic we all know boozer is the one that needs to go

yea Boozer is one that needs to go but there is not a single team that will take on his horrible contract.

he just needs to be amnestied

After the Sixers amnesty Brand they'll have only 5 players under contract along with the #15 pick and room for just about two max contracts.
nike-hyperdunk-2011-low-deron-williams-galaxy-all-star-pe-3.jpg

skullcandy.jpg

20120225_ajw_sv7_282.jpg

986058-bigthumbnail.jpg

20ur3lw.jpg

“That is the good part of basketball, the best want to play with the best,â€Iguodala said. “I would like to go on record and say that I would like to play with Dwight anytime, starting today.â€

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Jrue, Thad Young, Vucevic and #15 for Dwight

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

How in God's name is KG worth this much in 2012. Boston goofed 5 years ago
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Lol wut?
They won a championship and he was/is still one of the premier big guys in the league. He's definitely not worth 21 mil, but saying they goofed is making you look like a goof.

All I'm saying is that it's #!% backwards for KG to be making 21.1 mil at age 36. He's not the Big Ticket anymore
eyes.gif
Did you not see what KG did this post-season/2nd half of the regular season?! First ballot Hall-of-Famer.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I think Deron and Dwight are going to go to a darkhorse that nobody is talking about right now
Zero percent chance.
Originally Posted by Buc Em

Jrue, Thad Young, Vucevic and #15 for Dwight
Doesn't even get the Magic's attention.

[h3]Nets Not Interested In Trading For Pau Gasol[/h3]
Jun 24, 2012 11:31 AM EDT

Gasol_Pau_lal_120308.jpg
The Nets have no interest in sending Deron Williams to the Lakers in exchange for a package headlined by Pau Gasol.

The Lakers have continued to express interest in a sign-and-trade, but the Nets will only consider such a move if they are getting back Andrew Bynum, whom the Lakers have not made available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom