Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Goldmember

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by quik1987

I dont' see it happening, but I thought about it, and it make sense.

Jose Calderon to the Lakers

Andrew Bynum to the Suns

Steve Nash to the Raptors
For who?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

make sense?? what are you 10?  +%%@ outta here .. seriously some of you dudes needs stay away from this thread

Jose + #8 draft pick?

It's not something I WANT to happen, it just made sense to all parties to me.

Jose play with Pau, Lakers get a real point guard and possible new young talent from draft

Raptors get Canadian legend

Suns get new young all-star for aging vet

again, personally, I think Nash is too old. Even if he comes to the Raptors I don't see Raptors getting far. Also who knows what they would be trading away with the draft pick, could be ann all-star, could be a scrub.

Y'all don't read, I never meant Calderon straight up, of course money or draft picks would have to be involved.
Kobe was drafted with the 13th pick, y'all wouldn't want the 8th pick? Kobe ain't getting any younger.

Originally Posted by franchise3

UPDATE (12:48 a.m. ET): Upon hearing of Sunday night's developments, one rival general manager told ESPN.com that he believes Houston's real aim is acquiring two top-10 picks this week to turn around quickly and offer both to the Orlando Magic as part of a considerable trade offer for Dwight Howard.The Rockets' willingness to trade for Howard -- even without the All-Star center's signature on a contract extension -- is an open secret around the league. But it's believed that two top-eight picks, assuming Houston managed to complete trades with both Sacramento and Toronto, would seriously pique the interest of new Magic general manager Rob Hennigan, who could then quickly start following the same sort of roster-building blueprint relied on by his previous employers in Oklahoma City.Acquiring those early lottery picks, though, only represents half of Houston's challenge if Howard is indeed the Rockets' target. The other hurdle is convincing Hennigan, who hasn't even been on the job for a week in Central Florida, to part with Howard so quickly. As much as he's been schooled in building through the draft while working alongside Thunder GM Sam Presti, Hennigan could opt to take a more measured approach, make one more run at trying to convince Howard to sign an extension before entering the final year of his contract and then trade him later in the summer if those efforts go nowhere.
This right here is looking like genius for the Magic and this new FO regime. Don't know why HOU wants to rent Dwight that badly.
Originally Posted by Zyzz

got this from real GM
Houston MUST do this. Trade Lowry and their 2 picks for enough assets (top 10 picks) and package them with Kevin Martin and Samuel Dalembert for Dwight. Then Houston still has a max slot available for Deron Williams. By my math they could acquire Dwight for Martin, Dally and picks, sign Deron to a max deal and still have about $8 mil left in cap space.
eek.gif

Oh ok, makes more sense now. Hou close enough to Dallas too. Plus setting up an elite squad in the west is a bit better with their impending power vacuum than in the East.
Originally Posted by solarius49

If I'm Orlando I would ONLY want Lowry and 2 the 1st round picks
Not sure about his contract but why not Martin too? or are you content with keeping JJ and JRich around? I mean in a rebuilding situation the deal is good and they be able to stay a lil competitive

Y'all don't read, I never meant Calderon straight up, of course money or draft picks would have to be involved.
Kobe was drafted with the 13th pick, y'all wouldn't want the 8th pick? Kobe ain't getting any younger.
What you mean we don't read? You aint add in that extra stuff and that 3 team deal as posted still don't makes sense. Even now with you changing with a draft pick or money don't make it make anymore sense.

Saying Kobe was the 13th draft pick is that conman talk. That's so irrelevant and is a mentality relying heavily on luck.

Yeah, the contract was the issue I was worried about. If I was Orlando I would want Lowry, the 2 picks, and to dump as much salary as possible.

And Im not too sure that the Houston move would just be a rental. They would still keep most of their core together, and Dwight would help turn them into a contender. I think he could be convinced to stay

To me if HOU does not have space to also sign DWill I think Dwight is a rental. I've become sold since "Dwight wanted me fired" fiasco that Dwight and Deron will end up on the same team before the end of 2013.

If Dwight wants to win now (or team with a legit star player), teaming up with what's left in HOU is not going to get you there.

My whole thing with those rumors and suggestions in place if HOU lands Deron what happens with my man Dragic?
nerd.gif

Idk, I think they would still have a pretty good squad that could contend with Dwight/Dragic/Scola/Parsons/Patterson ect

I'm sure Orlando would insist Houston take Turkoglu in any deal involving Dwight, which screws up the finances of the trade (I doubt Orlando would want Scola. Maybe involve Dragic in a sign and trade?).

Originally Posted by Goldmember

For who?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

make sense?? what are you 10?  +%%@ outta here .. seriously some of you dudes needs stay away from this thread

Jose + #8 draft pick?

It's not something I WANT to happen, it just made sense to all parties to me.

Jose play with Pau, Lakers get a real point guard and possible new young talent from draft

Raptors get Canadian legend

Suns get new young all-star for aging vet

again, personally, I think Nash is too old. Even if he comes to the Raptors I don't see Raptors getting far. Also who knows what they would be trading away with the draft pick, could be ann all-star, could be a scrub.

Even with you including the #8 pick that is still a TERRIBLE deal for Bynum; I really can't believe you are serious. Any GM that even considered taking Calderon + the #8 for Bynum would be fired on the spot. You're trading a way the 2nd best C in the league for the 10th best or worst PG and a low lottery pick in a draft that doesn't look to have any surefire stars after the first pick, and definitely a crapshoot at 8.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Honestly, if this happens, and he leaves, then oh well. Let that 18M come off the books and blow everything up. As is, the Rockets are literally an average team. 14th pick three years in a row, is the definition of basketball purgatory. Swing for the fences. They really don't have anything to lose.

now that i think about it, i agree.

if we could manage to get d12 and dwill omg.

So um...what exactly would they be trading to the Raptors? They don't need Martin, they already have Derozan. And the only way that they make the trade for Lowry is if they're convinced their hero Nash isn't coming...which I personally think he is. This trade would also kill the Raptors hopes of getting Iguodala like they've been trying with #8, Calderon and Ed Davis. Nash-Derozan-Iggy-Bargs-Jonas >>>>> Lowry-Derozan-some bum-Bargs-Jonas. This Rockets thing ain't gonna happen.

Originally Posted by PMatic

I'm sure Orlando would insist Houston take Turkoglu in any deal involving Dwight, which screws up the finances of the trade (I doubt Orlando would want Scola. Maybe involve Dragic in a sign and trade?).

Giving up two top 8 picks in this scenario (and other pieces for sure) for Dwight who might not resign to begin with AND taking back a bad contract is way too much of a gamble for Houston, I think.

I hate trade scenarios. But it makes sense that Houston would have a shot at Dwight and Deron simply b/c of the close proximity to Dallas. And if that's the case, imagine if the Spurs jumped in on this somehow.

To me if HOU does not have space to also sign DWill I think Dwight is a rental. I've become sold since "Dwight wanted me fired" fiasco that Dwight and Deron will end up on the same team before the end of 2013.

If Dwight wants to win now (or team with a legit star player), teaming up with what's left in HOU is not going to get you there.

My whole thing with those rumors and suggestions in place if HOU lands Deron what happens with my man Dragic?
nerd.gif
That's a good question, the Rockets have been pretty adamant about keeping Dragic. I wonder if the Rockets would consider having a backcourt of DragicWill...
If not Dragic would have to be moved because he wants to start somewhere. 

those trades make too much sense for houston. I dont see why they dont do it. take a flyer for one year. especially if they get Deron

I just read that Tony Parker may miss the olympics due to his eye injury. He also said he was real close to losing his eye as well. So, he's suing the club that the brawl happened for 20 mil. Why isn't he suing either Drake/Chris Brown for the fight?

Brooklyn would be a fun team to watch if they manage to re-sign DWill and trade for Dwight. They would be one piece away from being a title contender IMO.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Brooklyn would be a fun team to watch if they manage to re-sign DWill and trade for Dwight. They would be one piece away from being a title contender IMO.

Playoffs? Yes. Contenders? No.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I just read that Tony Parker may miss the olympics due to his eye injury. He also said he was real close to losing his eye as well. So, he's suing the club that the brawl happened for 20 mil. Why isn't he suing either Drake/Chris Brown for the fight?

why? he has no real evidence. they can easily say why didnt you just leave when the fight broke out. it would take more time and $$$ to find witnesses and to even battle the attorneys of drake/chris brown. it makes more sense to sue the club because he can say security handled the situation an improper way

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Cuz nobody can prove either of them actually did anything to cause any person injury even with "eye witnesses" you can just say they were drunk. The only way they'd have a chance is if NYC had already pressed charges for assault or inciting a riot, then suing would begin
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wcghost

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Playoffs? Yes. Contenders? No.

Reading is fundamental.

You know, we keep talking about the Rockets getting Dwight....but i have a feeling that the Nets would be ready and willing to ship Deron over for 2 1st rounders and Lowry. If I'm the Nets I do that in a heartbeat

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Even with you including the #8 pick that is still a TERRIBLE deal for Bynum; I really can't believe you are serious. Any GM that even considered taking Calderon + the #8 for Bynum would be fired on the spot. You're trading a way the 2nd best C in the league for the 10th best or worst PG and a low lottery pick in a draft that doesn't look to have any surefire stars after the first pick, and definitely a crapshoot at 8.

1. Andrew Bynum give no @@%$* if he plays for the Lakers

2. he didn't show up when you needed him in the playoffs, and showed lack of effort and caring. You are overvaluing him. OKC has no dominant centre, and they still eliminated you. Heat have no dominant centre and they won the chip.

3. Rockets might be willing to give the raptors Kyle Lowry + #16 pick for #8 pick + maybe a bum.
That's a value of Jose Calderon + Kyle Lowry + #16 draft pic for Bynum and a bum (you have plenty on your team). But if you're happy with Ramon Session and Steve Blake then by all means keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom