Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PMatic

Relay Drummond to the Magic for Dwight?

It sounds good in theory. ..until Dwight leaves and Drummond becomes the next Dwight.
laugh.gif
Half of the Houston Rockets fan base are still mad for trading away Rudy Gay on draft night
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by solarius49

People are really sleeping on my man Sessions. He brought an element to that Laker squad that they havent had in years...an attacking PG who can distribute, and shoots an excellent percentage from all over the court....but now they need Jose Calderon to replace him lol

you sure? Dude's 3s don't even break the cylinder, they be those "ugly" bricks that hit the bottom of the side of the ri and go out of bounds.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

People are really sleeping on my man Sessions. He brought an element to that Laker squad that they havent had in years...an attacking PG who can distribute, and shoots an excellent percentage from all over the court....but now they need Jose Calderon to replace him lol

you sure? Dude's 3s don't even break the cylinder, they be those "ugly" bricks that hit the bottom of the side of the ri and go out of bounds.

Man tell me about it.......he was a breath of fresh air compared to Fisher, but some of my fellow Laker fans act like dude is the second coming of cp3
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by quik1987

I dont' see it happening, but I thought about it, and it make sense.

Jose Calderon to the Lakers

Andrew Bynum to the Suns

Steve Nash to the Raptors
For who?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Sessions offered a nice change of pace until the playoffs started and Kobe, Pau and Bynum told him to pass the ball then spot up on the other side of the court.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

lol wut? He shot 44.3% from 3, and 43% from 2 in the regular season..he hit a cold spell in the playoffs, but he shot EXCELLENT this season

Sessions offered a nice change of pace until the playoffs started and Kobe, Pau and Bynum told him to pass the ball then spot up on the other side of the court.
You think that's the case? Or the stage was a bit too big for the dude?
nerd.gif

He just seemed way too timid out there to me.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

You think that's the case? Or the stage was a bit too big for the dude?
nerd.gif

He just seemed way too timid out there to me.
That's a valid point.

Like I said, dude shot EXCELLENT in the regular season from the field. With a little bit more playoff experience he'll be a difference maker for the Lakers in the postseason...I dont see what Calderon brings that Sessions doesnt

lol wut? He shot 44.3% from 3, and 43% from 2 in the regular season..he hit a cold spell in the playoffs, but he shot EXCELLENT this season
Before this year he couldn't shoot threes at all. He was a career 18% shooter from there on less than .5 attempts per game.

And then the playoffs hit this year and he once again couldn't shoot threes.

So, I don't know. Maybe he was just enjoying a hot streak or maybe he just choked under pressure.

Not saying he couldn't excel in the future, but sometimes dudes just shy away from the spotlight when they first get to the Playoffs, while other shine (Rondo).

If he stays, he'll be fine. He's too good of a player to not figure it out.

Also, say what the hell you guys want, but I think a huge factor in a lot of the success of teams like the Thunder and Heat is that they had essentially the same cores as last year. That means a lot of guys are exposed to the same system, and practices are well-spent, while teams like Dallas, the Lakers post-trade, and other teams that had huge overhauls struggled because they just didn't have time to practice.

Cuban went on record on ESPN the other day on FirstTake saying how it hurt his team that they didn't have time to practice the zone defense with the new guys. Last year the Mavericks had pre-season games where they could play ALL game just on the zone, just mastering it. Not having practices really hurts some teams, especially ones that really rely on their coaching like Dallas did back in 2010-2012.

I'm not saying the Heat and Thunder were flukes, but it'll be nice to be back onto an 82 game season next year.

Kings-Rockets in negotiations
The Houston Rockets are engaged in pretty serious trade negotiations with the Kings and Raptors for their lottery picks in the 2012 Draft. The Kings own the No. 5 pick, the Raptors own the No. 8 selection & the Rockets control the #14 and #16 slots. Kyle Lowry was cryptically mentioned in this ESPN report, subtly. Simultaneously to the release of the article , Kyle Lowry himself sent a very cryptic tweet. "It's been real,"Lowry wrote on the social media site Sunday evening.

According to from ESPN.com

Although sources stressed that no deal is imminent, Sacramento (No. 5) and Toronto (No. 8 ) have let Houston know that their top-10 selections are available. Sources say that the Rockets, in turn, have made both of their first-round picks available (No. 14 and No. 16), but the key to any trade going through could be point guard Kyle Lowry.

-----------------------------------------------

What’s clear from the Rockets’ end, sources say, is the player they’re fondest of in the upper reaches of the draft: UConn big man Andre Drummond.

UPDATE (12:48 a.m. ET): Upon hearing of Sunday night's developments, one rival general manager told ESPN.com that he believes Houston's real aim is acquiring two top-10 picks this week to turn around quickly and offer both to the Orlando Magic as part of a considerable trade offer for Dwight Howard.The Rockets' willingness to trade for Howard -- even without the All-Star center's signature on a contract extension -- is an open secret around the league. But it's believed that two top-eight picks, assuming Houston managed to complete trades with both Sacramento and Toronto, would seriously pique the interest of new Magic general manager Rob Hennigan, who could then quickly start following the same sort of roster-building blueprint relied on by his previous employers in Oklahoma City.Acquiring those early lottery picks, though, only represents half of Houston's challenge if Howard is indeed the Rockets' target. The other hurdle is convincing Hennigan, who hasn't even been on the job for a week in Central Florida, to part with Howard so quickly. As much as he's been schooled in building through the draft while working alongside Thunder GM Sam Presti, Hennigan could opt to take a more measured approach, make one more run at trying to convince Howard to sign an extension before entering the final year of his contract and then trade him later in the summer if those efforts go nowhere.

Originally Posted by franchise3

UPDATE (12:48 a.m. ET): Upon hearing of Sunday night's developments, one rival general manager told ESPN.com that he believes Houston's real aim is acquiring two top-10 picks this week to turn around quickly and offer both to the Orlando Magic as part of a considerable trade offer for Dwight Howard.The Rockets' willingness to trade for Howard -- even without the All-Star center's signature on a contract extension -- is an open secret around the league. But it's believed that two top-eight picks, assuming Houston managed to complete trades with both Sacramento and Toronto, would seriously pique the interest of new Magic general manager Rob Hennigan, who could then quickly start following the same sort of roster-building blueprint relied on by his previous employers in Oklahoma City.Acquiring those early lottery picks, though, only represents half of Houston's challenge if Howard is indeed the Rockets' target. The other hurdle is convincing Hennigan, who hasn't even been on the job for a week in Central Florida, to part with Howard so quickly. As much as he's been schooled in building through the draft while working alongside Thunder GM Sam Presti, Hennigan could opt to take a more measured approach, make one more run at trying to convince Howard to sign an extension before entering the final year of his contract and then trade him later in the summer if those efforts go nowhere.
This would be the best thing the Magic could possibly do for themselves...dump massive salary, and pick up two super high draft pics

Originally Posted by franchise3

Relay Drummond to the Magic for Dwight?

It sounds good in theory. ..until Dwight leaves and Drummond becomes the next Dwight.
laugh.gif
Half of the Houston Rockets fan base are still mad for trading away Rudy Gay on draft night
laugh.gif
Well half of the Memphis Grizzlies fan base wants to trade Rudy Gay now.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Andrew Bynum to the Suns

For who?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
LMAO. worst trade scenarios ive heard in my life.
I'm sure 40 yr old nash wants his last finals chances at a ring on a 23-43 team that hasnt been to the playoffs in 5 years.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Andrew Bynum to the Suns

For who?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

make sense?? what are you 10?  **@+ outta here .. seriously some of you dudes needs stay away from this thread

Wait we trade Bynum for Calderon.. Oh Jesus... 2nd best center for not even top 10 PG. I'll take my chances on Sessions.

And the Rockets moves in theory sound good. But depleting the roster to get Dwight who will leave. Is not only a bad move it is a move of insanity and desparation.

Honestly, if this happens, and he leaves, then oh well. Let that 18M come off the books and blow everything up. As is, the Rockets are literally an average team. 14th pick three years in a row, is the definition of basketball purgatory. Swing for the fences. They really don't have anything to lose.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Ummmm... it has to do w/ the fact that the Mavs recent history includes a championship while the Suns entire history... doesn't. "They're just like the Suns, except they won a ring."

Oh.

So they're completely different than the Suns.

The %$$$ is this guy talking about? I said they're going to end up just like the Suns of 2010-current once Deron and Dwight don't come and they're stuck with an aging superstar and a bunch of crap.

I understand where you are going with this, but Sarver is 99% of our problem. Sacrifices way too much in order to save money, while Cuban is willing to spend. The Suns could have something really special, even more so than they already did if Sarver hadn't decided to sell draft picks like they were going out of style. Kerr never getting hired would have helped, too.

It's disheartening, without a doubt.

Andrew Bynum to the Suns

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

got this from real GM
Houston MUST do this. Trade Lowry and their 2 picks for enough assets (top 10 picks) and package them with Kevin Martin and Samuel Dalembert for Dwight. Then Houston still has a max slot available for Deron Williams. By my math they could acquire Dwight for Martin, Dally and picks, sign Deron to a max deal and still have about $8 mil left in cap space.

eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom