Official NCAA Football '13

Dudes are more worried about some damn jerseys and cleats than actual gameplay
30t6p3b.gif
I don't care if they wear all white jerseys just make the actual gameplay better

the best ncaa football game is still 07 for PS2. still play it to this day. 2012 had alot of gameplay issues. Even on Heisman level with awareness at 99 the DBs/LBs are stupid. QBs never throw the ball away for screens, too hard to return punts and kicks. Your blockers just stand there. I could go on for days. They need to bring back some of the features from NCAA 07 like playing the spring game and recruiting sliders for discipline,training and recruiting. Also, there were custom playbooks in NCAA football 06, how is it 6 years later and they still haven't added that feature to next gen consoles?

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

There hasn't been 1 NCAA that on Next Gen that has satisfied me

PS2 & XBox NCAA 04, 05 & 06 went super hard

This, and as realistic as they can make the grass and stadiums look, the gameplay from 2nd gen systems > 360 and PS3
Its so much more that they could do, but it seems like EA continues to put out the same game year in and year out, with like one upgrade to the look

EA has been lacking with the football games ever since they were the only ones  allotted to use the NFL's name

The running animations are still choppy....the ability to catch is trash...the play calling the computer uses in Road to Glory is trash...so much that EA could do but choose not to, from the different SR bowl games, to Spring Games, etc

'12 was such a huge disappointment... bought it on release and probably only logged 15-20 hours playing time

and I'll probably still end up buying this one
30t6p3b.gif

I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed 12, and the ESPN presentation was on point. I also felt like the running game was more fluid.

Originally Posted by JJ1223

'12 was such a huge disappointment... bought it on release and probably only logged 15-20 hours playing time

and I'll probably still end up buying this one
30t6p3b.gif
My exact thoughts

[h1]NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More
19166.jpg
[/h1]

EA Sports has updated their NCAA Football 13 website with a few tidbits of information. Details are shown below, along with release dates, when more information and details will be available.

Playbook #1: Sights & Sounds (More details released on April 2nd)
Revel in the pageantry of college football game days with NCAA Football 13. Featuring new team run-outs, mascots and pre-game traditions along with significantly enhanced audio and new trophy presentations, NCAA Football 13 will deliver the passion and excitement of college football to fans across the nation.

Playbook #2: Gameplay (More details released on April 17th)
With a new passing system that changes the way quarterbacks and receivers play and respond, combined with a new read and react defensive AI system, NCAA Football 13 delivers greater realism on the virtual gridiron.

Playbook #3: Dynasty (More details released on May 7th)
Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.

Playbook #4: Heisman Challenge (More details released on May 28th)
There are familiar faces on the field in NCAA Football 13, which now features a selection of former Heisman Trophy winners. With the new Heisman Challenge mode, fans have the ability to utilize the skill set of a legendary Heisman Trophy winner in a quest to match his award-winning historical performances and win the Heisman trophy once again.

Playbook #5: Road to Glory (More details released on June 11th)
The experience of being a college football superstar is now even more exciting with a new feature in Road to Glory that allows players to see and feel the game differently during key moments, increasing on-field awareness and creating amazing opportunities.

EA KICKS OFF THE NCAA FOOTBALL 13 MY HEISMAN COVER VOTE

Fans to Select Fellow Heisman Trophy Winner to Join RG3 on Cover

March 12, 2012 – Today marks the start of the NCAA Football 13 My Heisman Cover Vote, which allows fans to cast their vote on the EA SPORTS NCAA Football Facebook page for one of eight Heisman Trophy winners to accompany former Baylor University quarterback Robert Griffin III on the cover of EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13. The candidates include former University of Southern California running back Marcus Allen, former Boston College quarterback Doug Flutie, former The Ohio State University running back Eddie George, former University of Michigan wide receiver Desmond Howard, former Oklahoma State University running back Barry Sanders, former University of Georgia running back Herschel Walker, former Florida State University quarterback Charlie Ward and former University of Houston quarterback Andre Ware.

The NCAA Football 13 My Heisman Cover Vote is open through April 2 and the winner will be announced April 16. In addition to voting, fans will also be able to view exclusive videos and images of each of the NCAA Football 13 My Heisman Cover Vote candidates on the NCAA Football Facebook page.

Developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon, and licensed by The Collegiate Licensing Company, a division of IMG College, NCAA Football 13 will be available on the Xbox 360[emoji]174[/emoji] videogame and entertainment system and PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]3 computer entertainment system on July 10. NCAA Football 13 is available for pre-order now. For more information about NCAA Football 13, please visit http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football.

04022012-NCAAFB13-Audio-Blogheader_656x369.jpg

Hi NCAA Fans,

Christian McLeod, NCAA Football 13 designer, and I’m here to talk a bit about the audio and commentary improvements we’ve made to this year’s game.  

I joined the NCAA Football team in October and have been working on a few different aspects of this year’s game, primarily focused on anything speech and sound related. I’m also a college football fanatic who lives and dies each week during the season with my beloved Michigan State Spartans- GO GREEN!  That being said, it should come as no surprise that NCAA Football has been my favorite game to play each year since it was known as Bill Walsh College Football…I’m an EA SPORTS NCAA Football junkie. I’m extremely passionate about the NCAA Football franchise and I can’t even begin to describe how excited I am to be working on the game’s dev team.

Now that you know who I am, let’s get down to business….

Audio Improvements

There’s nothing more important to the atmosphere of college football than the crowd. Whether it’s the swelling of noise after a big play, or the echoing of a team specific chant, we’re making a concerted effort to capture the audio nuances of Saturday (and Thursday for you MAC fans out there!), that make college football so special.

We have a new audio team here at Tiburon dedicated to taking our crowds to the next level. This team is headed by new Audio Director, Aaron Janzen (or as we call him AJ).  AJ left the great white north at EA Canada to join us here in sunny Florida in January and we have been working closely together ever since.  While in Vancouver, AJ was able to work on both the FIFA and Fight Night series and brings a wealth of sound knowledge to the team—specializing in crowd ambiance. In our time with AJ we’ve been able to harness the same tech and workflows used by games developed in our Vancouver studio.

Our push to deliver the most authentic crowd experience doesn’t stop there. College football is all about the passion of you the fan, and there is no greater spectacle than thousands of rabid, passionate fans supporting their team in unison. Because of this, we’re making a concerted push to get YOUR voice into our game—literally. That’s right, there’s a chance that if you attend a college football game this past fall that you may be a part of NCAA Football 13.

We sent people all over the country, including some of our community members to record crowd audio at games during the season. Below you will find a list of the games we had representatives at this year and if you were in attendance, congratulations, you played an important role in this year’s title.

In addition to the records acquired from games we attended, we also were afforded the opportunity to work with our partner ESPN at this year’s Ohio State vs. Michigan game—one of the most intense and electric atmosphere’s in all of sport. While at the Big House we were able to use a 24 track recorder to pull audio samples that would later be orchestrated by AJ and integrated into our new crowd mix.  We hope to continue being able to share in ESPN’s resources and utilize any technological advancements in the future.

Oklahoma at FL State
9/17/11
Attendance: 84,392

Louisiana Monroe at Iowa
9/24/11
Attendance: 70,585

Missouri at Oklahoma
9/24/11
Attendance: 85,547

SMU at TCU
10/1/11
Attendance: 35,632

Auburn at Arkansas
10/8/11
Attendance: 74,191

Arizona at Oregon State
10/8/11
Attendance: 40,403

Arizona State at Oregon
10/15/11
Attendance: 60,055

Oklahoma State at Texas
10/15/11
Attendance: 100,101

UCLA at Arizona
10/20/11
Attendance: 46,565

Washington at Stanford
10/22/11
Attendance: 50,360

Clemson at Georgia Tech
10/29/11
Attendance: 55,646

Purdue at Michigan
10/29/11
Attendance: 112,115

Northwestern at Nebraska
11/5/11
Attendance: 85,115

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
11/5/11
Attendance: 49,362

Indiana at Ohio State
11/5/11
Attendance: 105,195

Nebraska at Penn State
11/12/11
Attendance: 107,903

TCU at Boise State
11/12/11
Attendance: 34,146

North Carolina at Virginia Tech
11/17/11
Attendance: 50,140

BC at Notre Dame
11/19/11
Attendance: 80,795

Kentucky at Georgia
11/19/11
Attendance: 92,746

Miami at USF
11/19/11
Attendance: 57,572

Arkansas at LSU
11/25/11
Attendance: 93,108

Pittsburgh at West Virginia
11/25/11
Attendance: 60,932

Penn State at Wisconsin
11/26/11
Attendance: 79,708

Plant at Armwood - High School
10/28/11
Attendance: under 1,000

Ohio State at Michigan (ESPN 24-track recording)
11/26/11
Attendance: 114,132

As you can see, it is a priority to visit large, medium, and small stadiums to ensure we stay authentic to the sounds that are generated in each.

We’re already planning our trips for the 2012 college football season, and will let you know what games we will be at so you can be sure to rest your voices, drink some hot tea with honey, and have those pipes ready to represent your team on game day.

Below I’ve attached some assets from NCAA Football 12 and their counterparts that will appear in NCAA Football 13 gathered from a couple of the above games. 

Right click to save and listen:

Florida State '12 vs Florida State '13
Texas '12 vs Texas '13

As I’m sure you will agree, the chants captured for NCAA Football 13 are far superior to anything we’ve captured in the past.  Just listening to “Texas Fight

So they added a cut scene after you win a rivarly game showing your players hold up the trophy?

:-/

i buy NCAA every year but i didnt buy '12 for some reason. never even heard about any feedback or reviews for it either till reading this thread.

i still play my dynasty on '11 but i will be copping '13 for sure.

Originally Posted by mikejs210

So they added a cut scene after you win a rivarly game showing your players hold up the trophy?

:-/

So... $!*@#!$... lame.

The superman linebackers better be out of the game this year

%**% pissed me off to no end, LB's swatted everything up the middle.  Fade routes were obsolete if you put your D in zone coverage or cover 2
30t6p3b.gif

Like I said earlier, I'm waiting this time.  If bad reviews persist, I'm not buying.

The same technology used by the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR team to scan Augusta National for the inclusion of The Masters in that game series is also being used in NCAA Football 13 this year to capture the intricate details of some of the brand-new stadiums for FBS play this coming fall; in particular, the new home fields for Florida Atlantic University and North Texas have both been scanned into this year’s game as incredibly faithful virtual reproductions of the real thing. The level of detail for these new stadiums is jaw-dropping, and I can imagine people using FAU and North Texas just to get a highly-accurate digital preview of the new venues before the season starts.

Another aspect of presentation that I’m excited about in NCAA Football 13 is the inclusion of new trophy presentations for a number of games. Of course the BCS Championship Game trophy presentation has been revamped, but you’ll also be seeing ceremonies after Conference Championship games and some Rivalry Games which have trophies awarded as well. As a college football fan who loves the stories and passion behind rivalries in the sport, seeing this extra attention given to these yearly showdowns is a much-welcomed addition to the presentation package.

People interested in the audio plans for NCAA Football 13 will be excited to hear that the development team attended big games last season—and even got some fan submissions of audio—to help improve the overall experience of what a college football game sounds like. One of the demonstrations at the first Community Event this year included side-by-side comparisons of crowd audio in NCAA Football 12 versus the crowd audio recorded for NCAA Football 13; the written word cannot do justice to how big of an improvement we heard both in terms of the accuracy of crowd noise and chants, as well as the “depth

Who the %%#$ plays as or at Army? I've owned every NCAA since 2002 and have never played at or as Army.

95% of the people that buy the game will never play at Army and never see the skydiver dude. What a waste.

They need to stop focusing on menial !+$* nobody cares about like crowd audio and just get the gameplay right.

Bought '12 on RD and didn't play it again after the 1st week.

why are people so hung up on what they feel the game makers shouldn't put in the game? if they add pre-game pep rallies or coach speeches, and that's not a necessity to you, then why does it bother you when they put it in the game? i'm paying $50 for a game every year, so i notice the difference in appearance/visual aesthetics and if they can include all of the different features of the culture of college football, then i am all for it.

• 04022012-NCAAFB13-Presentation-Blogheader_656x369.jpg

• Hello NCAA Nation,

• I’m Jeff Ostergaard the Art Director for NCAA Football 13. It’s been a pleasure to direct the visuals for this year’s product, as we celebrate our 20[sup]th[/sup] Anniversary. This cycle we’ve made some unprecedented choices when looking back over the 20 year history of the product. I can’t wait to share with you some of the new additions and improvements specifically to our graphics.

ncaa13-presentation-image1.jpg

I’ve been with Electronic Arts- Tiburon for more than 7 years. Before I joined the NCAA Football Development Team this cycle, I previously directed the development of the lighting and effects for Madden, NCAA Football, and many other products at our studio. As a devout fan of our video game and  as a huge college football fan, working with the NCAA Football Development Team has been a dream.  Not only am I passionate about visually recreating the sights and sounds of college football for you, I also bring a strong love of the game and the traditions that surround it, stemming from my roots at The Shoe, and my home away from home, on the Olentangy River, the campus of The Ohio State University. OH…IO!  

ncaa13-presentation-image2.jpg
      ncaa13-presentation-image3.jpg

That’s a little about me. Let me give you an exclusive behind the scenes tour and share some of what’s new in NCAA Football 13! It’s been an exciting year of development!

Greater Authenticity!

I’d like to jump in by introducing some of the new stadium improvements we’ve added this cycle. This year you’ll see we’ve added the newly constructed stadiums of Florida Atlantic University, in Boca Raton, and North Texas University’s new Apogee Stadium, in Denton, among many other stadium renovations. These are examples of what’s to come for representing greater accuracy in our game. For the first time in any of our sports products, this cycle we traveled to South Florida and Texas to introduce our new physically-based workflow. This consisted of a hyper-accurate laser scan of the architecture and the use of a SpheroCam HDR, which has re-defined how we use full spherical HDR photography. We’re leveraging the similar technology recently adopted by ILM and SONY and used in films like Martin Campbell’s “Green Lantern

Back
Top Bottom