Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Total NB noob here (I mostly buy Nike and Asics), but besides the 1500, what are the most popular NB models? I find it super hard to determine which NB is considered best when they have so many models and, tbh, most of them look the same or very similar but yet the prices can vary by quite a bit.

For example, the Elite 575 EBB's look like a really dope cw and they're relatively low priced, but they seem to be sitting everywhere. Is there a reason why? Is it because of the model? I'm just trying to wrap my head around NB and any help would be appreciated.

Total NB noob here (I mostly buy Nike and Asics), but besides the 1500, what are the most popular NB models? I find it super hard to determine which NB is considered best when they have so many models and, tbh, most of them look the same or very similar but yet the prices can vary by quite a bit.

For example, the Elite 575 EBB's look like a really dope cw and they're relatively low priced, but they seem to be sitting everywhere. Is there a reason why? Is it because of the model? I'm just trying to wrap my head around NB and any help would be appreciated.
Those 575's are made in Asia. Generally, the made in Asia pairs are less desirable due to them being inferior in several ways. Arguably the best pairs (best quality materials, shape of shoe, etc.) are being made in the US... with the UK in a close second. 

Some models, like the 577, are made in both Asia and the UK. The UK made pairs are more popular than the Asian made pairs.

...your best bet is to find a local spot that has a variety of models and try some stuff on and see how they feel/look on your fit and see what you like.

Hope this helps out a bit...

Last edited:

Big price differences are mainly a result of Made in USA vs made elsewhere. 

No one cares about anyone's shipping numbers or when the postman is delivering them or why you haven't received them after a week. First world problems, this thread is clogged with sizing questions and shipping updates. Gross

Wore these yesterday. Feel like they get slept on...CW is dope...

Love my grey pair of Norse Projects this was NB's first shift to the 200+ on a pair so I think it scared a lot of people away.
Scared them away so much that they sat and I picked up both pairs on sale for $120 each. My fav 1500's after the Hanon Chosen Few

No one cares about anyone's shipping numbers or when the postman is delivering them or why you haven't received them after a week. First world problems, this thread is clogged with sizing questions and shipping updates. Gross
truth, theres no patience and no common sense to search

+1... although sizing questions is understandable. NB has soooo many different models and they vary in terms of fit. As for shipping... patience is key. I'm never really in a rush to get anything as I don't usually wear things as soon as I get them. I have too many shoes to worry about getting them asap.

Back
Top Bottom