Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

finally got my pair. I'm a sucker for monochromatic CWs (primarily black and greys, got the wings+horns NBs& love them) simple subtle dope sneaks. I got them for less than retail (because of the favorable exchange rate) from a Canadian website in my size 13-I'm stoked.
I did have to part ways with a pair of NIKE diamond hi dunks that I never wore because they felt so ******* cheap-if anyone's familiar the quality was BS.
Really hoping those Mid-century 997s get a slim discount, that whole collection is dope. NB really needs to give us more options on the soles and plastic details on the 998. That's what's keeping me from going nuts and scooping a ton of those up. Take it easy phellas

Has the 997gy from 2014 gone up in price or can they still be had for retail or less size 11 ds condition? ???
Good luck, the gy didn't really go down in price. Some went to outlets. They were supposedly made by the top 20 NB stitchers (if that is even a job title). Not quite sure about your size as I am a 8.5. I was able to pick one up a few weeks after release, but I had to go thru ebay and I sized incorrectly. Those are what got me interested in sneakers again. Good luck, haven't even seen em pop up for sale on fb sneaker groups.

So someone give me the real rundown on 997GY vs 997GY2

HOW MUCH better are the GY over the GY2? At the crossroad and debating grabbing the GY even though I already have the GY2. I am in love with the gray NBs period and had already new I was going to get a second pair of 997GY2 but I am faced with the situation of grabbing a new OLD pair of GY but it will probably be another year or so before I wear them. How much will they have broken down by then?

So someone give me the real rundown on 997GY vs 997GY2

HOW MUCH better are the GY over the GY2? At the crossroad and debating grabbing the GY even though I already have the GY2. I am in love with the gray NBs period and had already new I was going to get a second pair of 997GY2 but I am faced with the situation of grabbing a new OLD pair of GY but it will probably be another year or so before I wear them. How much will they have broken down by then?

I don't think shoes break down after 1yr. I don't know much about NB throughout the years, but jordans typically start breaking down after 10yrs. What you can do to prevent that from happening on a brand new shoe is to pre-stress it a bit by wearing them around the house. It's like when you break in a car engine before going ham on it.

Quality wise the GY are definitely better, like by a long shot. I'm sure there's some well made GY2s out there but you'd have to get lucky basically. Shape varies from pair to pair, mad glue stains, and the toe meeting the sole is just kind of weird and mis-shaped.

On another note, does anyone know what these are? Custom? PS? Future collab?

I don't think shoes break down after 1yr. I don't know much about NB throughout the years, but jordans typically start breaking down after 10yrs. What you can do to prevent that from happening on a brand new shoe is to pre-stress it a bit by wearing them around the house. It's like when you break in a car engine before going ham on it.
That is definitely my plan. Wear them around every few months to keep them loose. 

really want to see some new colorways on the New Balance 878, especially a simple all black with a white or silver 3m N  logo

Sick shots man.. Did you get any stares standing on the handrail like that? lolol 

Nice shots you're Singaporean as well? Also really liking those 1500 but felt that would have utter crap ventilation so passed on those
I'm Singaporean too. Ho bo?

Anyway if memory serves, @fo****zles  won the pack (both 1500s) in one of those internet competitions that you're not supposed to win.

JEALOUS.

Last edited:

Anyway if memory serves, @fo****zles
 won the pack (both 1500s) in one of those internet competitions that you're not supposed to win.
JEALOUS.
Jin ho haha. Damn those things are bang for buck as I've ever seen a pair of new balances. Can't remember off the top of my head was it horween leather they used?

Those 1500s are dope!

Thanks man. Cheers!

Nice shots you're Singaporean as well? Also really liking those 1500 but felt that would have utter crap ventilation so passed on those

Thanks man. No I'm from Manila, Phils.
I use them during rainy days and they're perfect. Totally not a summer shoe at all. haha

Anyway if memory serves, @fo****zles
 won the pack (both 1500s) in one of those internet competitions that you're not supposed to win.
JEALOUS.

Yup. I got lucky the 2nd time around I guess :lol:

Jin ho haha. Damn those things are bang for buck as I've ever seen a pair of new balances. Can't remember off the top of my head was it horween leather they used?

I don't think the GC pack is utilizing Horween leather but it's definitely on point in terms of softness and comfort.

Back
Top Bottom