Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

anybody know where i can get the 997 GY2's in a 7.5 or 8 for less than 200? I think its a longshot but I figured I'd ask...

Yup they were a 8.5. I think they had 1 more pair left. Had a couple 9s as well I think. Definitely say spot check each as my 9.5 GY had glue stains which was able to be plucked off but they had another 9.5 so I just took those.
Any chance of dropping by anytime soon? Mighty interested, these were the pairs at 199 a few pages back right

Went out this morning to help a fellow NTer. 

Picked him up the Luxury Goods and OG Grey GYs. Already boxed and being shipped off. I try to hold down people when I can, anything to take money out a resellers pocket.

BUT of course that means this trip cost me money because I had to grab a pair of GY for myself to see what all this hubbub is surrounding them compared to my GY2

Compared GY vs GY2

I need a 9 of those Cncpts Luxury Goods too :smh:
How much did it cost ? 200?

Loving the 1550 RevLite pack

I've been holding out but now ready to get the 997 Roses. Hoping not to get took, anyone with leads on DS size 9 for preferably around $280ish shipped?

I've been holding out but now ready to get the 997 Roses. Hoping not to get took, anyone with leads on DS size 9 for preferably around $280ish shipped?
So basically you hoping someone sells you the rose for almost retail??? At this point goog luck with that bruh  lol If thats the budget just buy a used pair 

Last edited:
Any chance of dropping by anytime soon? Mighty interested, these were the pairs at 199 a few pages back right

Probably no time soon man. I stay about 45 min from there and traffic is a pure B*. I'm supposed to be going to Maryland this weekend and if I do I will let you know.

I need a 9 of those Cncpts Luxury Goods too :smh:
How much did it cost ? 200?

Total is 211 after taxes.

So basically you hoping someone sells you the rose for almost retail??? At this point goog luck with that bruh lol If thats the budget just buy a used pair

Yea man, heed Kinggeorges advice! I would be weary of copping any pairs at that price or lower, since there are fakes of both the concept 997's, trust me I learned the hard way! So definitely be careful. After going through that bulls**t I just decided to pay the high market value from sellers I know had legit pairs. Already secured the luxury pair the other day and waiting to hear back about the rose's. Definitely better to spend a little more and have the real deal than save a few bucks only to end up with a rep.

So basically you hoping someone sells you the rose for almost retail??? At this point goog luck with that bruh lol If thats the budget just buy a used pair

Yea man, heed Kinggeorges advice! I would be weary of copping any pairs at that price or lower, since there are fakes of both the concept 997's, trust me I learned the hard way! So definitely be careful. After going through that bulls**t I just decided to pay the high market value from sellers I know had legit pairs. Already secured the luxury pair the other day and waiting to hear back about the rose's. Definitely better to spend a little more and have the real deal than save a few bucks only to end up with a rep.
Wuuuuddddd they're fakes of the Rose and Luxury Goods....I swear man, I may pull a Stewy Griffin if I get a pair of fake Rose. Pay for the plane ticket to where ever and slap the whole F out of whoever sold them to me. Money is not even the problem, its the principle. 

Last edited:
Wuuuuddddd they're fakes of the Rose and Luxury Goods....I swear man, I may pull a Stewy Griffin if I get a pair of fake Rose. Pay for the plane ticket to where ever and slap the whole F out of whoever sold them to me. Money is not even the problem, its the principle. 

If money ain't a problem, just throw up the extra dollars man

Exactly, just a hassle and sh*t. Just glad it was shoes and not something really affected me, I would have definitely been devastated if I was younger and I just spent all of my saved up milk money haha, BUT regardless getting taken still sucks no matter the amount.

Lesson learned though and I will just have to do my due diligence from here on out when copping pairs and realize it's always a risk dealing with randoms.

If money ain't a problem, just throw up the extra dollars man

Definitely the mentality and strategy for me from here on out! Only "steals" ill be jumping on will be from people I know and have dealt with before, as well as NT members, the community on here seems really straightforward.

Oh this is what I would do for sure. I am just stating the point. 
For some reason I thought you were the other guy trying to get a ds pair for $280 lol. So many people were selling them for retail a few months back too.

Quality wise the GY are definitely better, like by a long shot. I'm sure there's some well made GY2s out there but you'd have to get lucky basically. Shape varies from pair to pair, mad glue stains, and the toe meeting the sole is just kind of weird and mis-shaped.

On another note, does anyone know what these are? Custom? PS? Future collab?

what are those!?

I gotta say something, sometimes living in a country that doesn't really have a crazy sneaker culture of some kind really works out well. The 997GY are just sitting on shelves, and the 997GY easily available for retail of you know who to ask.

Probably no time soon man. I stay about 45 min from there and traffic is a pure B*. I'm supposed to be going to Maryland this weekend and if I do I will let you know.
Total is 211 after taxes.

That's a good deal. PM sent sir. :D

I gotta say something, sometimes living in a country that doesn't really have a crazy sneaker culture of some kind really works out well. The 997GY are just sitting on shelves, and the 997GY easily available for retail of you know who to ask.

I regret not grabbing a 2nd pair of GY for cheap back when there was still sizes semi available... I did grab a GY2 tho and gotta say my pair is pretty solid. Shape not bad and no flaws really so I can't complain... I've Got some pretty good wear on my GY so gonna keep on rocking those till they beat to the ground and then I'll start with my GY2. I still wish I had a ds GY to go to tho

Back
Top Bottom