Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

can anyone explain the numbering and lettering system NB does?

The Lettering is for the colorway, the number is for the model/tech/price. The higher the model number the more/newer the tech.

I'm trying to recall this info from a post awhile back. However, I don't believe the price is related to the number any more.

Or maybe it wasn't at all.

Hope that points you in the right direction. NT help me out with some if the info, I now I missed something

My 1300CLs came in today. Ordered on Sunday night with the free shipping and was happy to see them so soon. Holabird.com was great. Comfort is top notch.

Was the box crushed?

Thankfully, no. You know, I emailed them Monday to ask if they would send the shoes double boxed and just got a response back today saying the shoes were shipped and no response to my request for double box. They came in black plastic. The box was in great shape surprisingly.

can anyone explain the numbering and lettering system NB does?
"

From the start, New Balance  have maintained an ethos that every one of their pairs are individual, and so assigned each model with a different number of its own. This provided an easy way to distinguish the variance across all styles, and now we have been provided a breakdown to fully understand that unique – and personal – coding system.
The typical model produced by New Balance  is branded with a 6-7 digit code, M1500BWG for example, and refers to three separate qualities. The first one or two letters signifies the gender and trainer type; in this case ‘M’ stands for Men’s and ‘W’ for Women’s. This can differ and instead included alterations such as ‘MR’ – Men’s Running, ‘MT’ – Men’s Trail, or ‘U’ – Unisex. There is also ‘CM’ or ‘CW’, which states that the model has been custom made for an exclusive collaboration, and we advise that if you see this, you be fast in getting a pair.

Secondly is the model number, the easiest part of the system that helps you single out what style you’re after. In this case, the ‘15’ refers to the level of performance (higher numbers equate to superior technology and quality, as well as a higher price tag) and the ‘00’ references to the performance series – also representing that these have been designed for athletes who want maximum performance, due to the higher number.

Finally is the last 2-3 letters which refers to the colourway, and means that ‘BWG’ would stand for Blue/White/Grey. On very select cases it will reference ‘ST’ or ‘MC’ for example, and designates that it is either a stability shoe or motion control shoe, and can also be altered when featured on exclusive releases, such as our ‘Black Pigeon’ last year seen below.
Now you at least know when you buy a new New Balance sneaker, what you are getting."

Note: you can find that exact model/ colorway on the tag inside the shoe...

Last edited:

sorry for being a bit off topic but does anyone know a contact number for bodega?  i've sent numerous emails to them about an order (2 NB's) I placed a month ago but i can't seem to get a proper reply, if I ever I get lucky to receive a reply.  it's my first time ordering from them and so far it hasn't been pretty, to put it nicely.

appreciate any help you can give and sorry again for being a bit off topic.
I placed an order a few weeks ago and still haven't received a shipping notification. However, I was fortunate enough to get the hyprcat release and those have already been shipped and are going to be here any day. Maybe they have just been so focused getting those nb's out it has their other stuff backed up.

C-Notes are ok, nothing to write home about. I think I prefer the Hypercats to them. I just know the release will be crazy and that's what's keeping me from getting to excited. I know I will whiff. :rolleyes

C-Notes are ok, nothing to write home about. I think I prefer the Hypercats to them. I just know the release will be crazy and that's what's keeping me from getting to excited. I know I will whiff.
eyes.gif
I wont be crazy cause the NY cats are not going up there

cnpts and kith make it real hard to grab sneakers off the website.
I hate it that you don't know you don't have the shoe until AFTER
you've already tried checking out smh

Back
Top Bottom