Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

From Concepts' Instagram:

Concepts for New Balance 998 "C-NOTE" will be releasing this Saturday 9/14/13 at 7am in store. Bracelets will start being handed out today 9/11/13 Bracelets will be first come first serve and you will be assigned a number with your name and shoe size. There are a set number of bracelets for each size available for purchase. 1 bracelet per customer ONLY. Bracelet is NON TRANSFERABLE and you will need to present ID upon PURCHASE no Exceptions! All Bracelet holders must stay in line! Any bracelets cut or tampered with will not be honored. Online will be available for purchase 9/14/13 at 1 PM EST.

Last edited:
"All Bracelet holders must stay in line!"

So if I were to grab a bracelet today I would have to stay in line for 3 days 
sick.gif

Those laces look absolutely dreadful in those 990s. Awful.
i know it comes down to personal taste, but i have to agree. they are terrible and it's almost a shame theyre on such a clean sneaker. makes me want to gag almost.

^ I don't think it's a matter of "if". Dudes WILL beast. It's just par for the course now. I'm already lining up consolation pairs for when I strikeout this Saturday. :lol:

But yeah, when those mint joints drop it'll be madness, as it sounds like they're more limited than the C-Notes.

So if I were to grab a bracelet today I would have to stay in line for 3 days :x

I don't live in Boston, but no way would I do this. I've always hated campouts. I guess having a job precludes me from getting a pair of shoes I like.

IMO the on-feet pics are not doing justice to the shoe though, especially with the tongue popped like that.

IMO the on-feet pics are not doing justice to the shoe though, especially with the tongue popped like that.
:rofl: thats prolly the worst on-foot
marketing I've ever seen. I guess the
collab will move the shoe itself. Coulda
just had RF model them (w/o the public
knowing)

Vintage midsole looks bad, but I also said that about the St. Alfreds and I love those shoes. So who knows. 

fixed.... Not a big fan of the Pebble Blues...

I guess I just have trouble understanding how you can like the C-Tones but not the Pebble Blues with them being somewhat similar to one another.

So these C-Tones were not the ones pictured on Hypebeast Essentials?

Vintage midsole looks bad, but I also said that about the St. Alfreds and I love those shoes. So who knows. 

Interesting that you bring up the STA Asics. As I was reading the comments regarding the "C-Notes" on NT, IG, and Twitter today, it reminded me of opinions that many people expressed about the STA Asics—"too plain", "wish they didn't go with the vintage midsole", "there are GRs better than this", "looks like an old man's shoe", etc.

That said, huge fan of the STA Asics and also a fan of the "C-Notes".

Last edited:
I guess I just have trouble understanding how you can like the C-Tones but not the Pebble Blues with them being somewhat similar to one another.
The royal blue on the midsole is the only detail of the C-Note reminding me the PBs except that they are two very different shoes to me!

Last edited:
I've been wondering the same thing too. But I think I'm going to pass on them because I heard the shape is terrible. I love the grey colorway though. Maybe I'll change my mind if I get the chance to cop for retail. Definitely not paying over that though.

Back
Top Bottom