OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

it looks like Donnie Walsh is going to hire Mike D'Antoni. But the Bulls are prepared to make a better offer to him. The Knicks are supposed to be offeringa 5 year $30 million offer. I'm sure the Bulls will give a better deal. He is better off in Chicago anyway. The Knicks don't have what he needs in arun and gun offense.

I can't see Chicago matching that or giving more.

I'd be really surprised if so.

I think we're gona end up with D'Antoni.

I think we're gona end up with D'Antoni.
tired.gif

If that is true..

Walsh has a plan, and I'll trust him.

4 years? Seems like that's the rebuilding part, with his visions of the 4th year being a pretty competitive team that should be in the playoffs. He mustlook at what he did in Phoenix and think he can build a team up..

Then it'll be time to reevaluate D'Antoni or go get another coach that can go to the next level.

Also are best young players..

Nate, Balkman, Lee, Chandler...and throw Crawford in..

Where would they excel? In an up tempo offense...

What do league rules favor now? An uptempo offense...
Where has Boston exposed a few things with Cleveland? Pushing the pace....now in turn, they play great D..and that'll be somethin D'Antoni will have tolearn if he truly wants to be a great coach.

Now I know, what about the defense..

Personnel changes would have to be made, and he'll have to make more of a commitment...I'll wait and see, but he didn't win 55 games a year outWest, by luck. He does bring positives.

It's not Don Nelson, there's no gimmicks. His offensive system works and got them pretty darn close to a championship

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

you're seeing something i aint.

if he couldnt commit to D in PHX as long as he's been there, he DEF aint gonna commit with this set of Knicks. we got cats with the physical ability toplay D (like 95% of the NBA), but the last few coaches except for LB, did not stress it.

dude is also lax from what i hear. dude is lame.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

If that is true..

Walsh has a plan, and I'll trust him.

4 years? Seems like that's the rebuilding part, with his visions of the 4th year being a pretty competitive team that should be in the playoffs. He must look at what he did in Phoenix and think he can build a team up..

Then it'll be time to reevaluate D'Antoni or go get another coach that can go to the next level.

I'll probably agree with you, I'm not going to start doubting Walsh right away, I'll give him some benefit of the doubt that he has a plan.

I don't think I would have preferred D'Antoni, but we'll see.

To me,

Players in Phoenix couldn't play D either...how much is that on him? Probably a decent amount..

I'm just gona trust Walsh on this if he pulls the trigger and give D'Antoni a chance...

After rationalizing a little, this might be a good thing. The Eastern Conference is much more defense oriented, and with uptempo play it could POSSIBLY work inour favor to over power several teams that are more half court designed. Then again, only like 4-5 people on this current roster can actually run.

Actually 8+ on the roster can thrive in that offense.

heard chicago is going to meet with Dantoni for a second time so hopefully this puts a stop in him coming to the knicks.

D'Antoni to the Knicks is horrible.

Walsh is so high on Mark Jackson, you have to wonder if Dolan is the reason for bringing him here.

I wonder how much patience Walsh will have with Dolan this season.

I don't get it, I really honestly don't. I don't understand how you can look at what he's done in PHX and roll with that.

Knicks are going to break the franchise record for most missed 3's in the league, and all of that leads to fast breaks for the opponent.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

I don't get it, I really honestly don't. I don't understand how you can look at what he's done in PHX and roll with that.

What he's done?

The 50+ plus wins seasons the past 4 years..

Mark Jackson certainly doesn't have his track record.

I say
pimp.gif
to this.

And it'll work.

Everything I hear is that Walsh had eyed D'Antoni before Phoenix.

So, I still think Walsh made this call.

Plus the he doesn't coach any D at all is a misconception..
Last year for example, they were 12th in the league at defense (106 points per 100 possesions), while running the most efficient offense in the league (113 points per 100 possesions)

this team is going to suck regardless. what difference does it make?

larry brown couldn't make this team play defense, so i don't think that anybody can. at least next season we will have an offense, because our previouscoach was inept at both ends of the floor. we now have an offense, which is something to build on. if we can get some players here who can play defense, thatwill be improvement; it doesn't matter who the coach is.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

After rationalizing a little, this might be a good thing. The Eastern Conference is much more defense oriented, and with uptempo play it could POSSIBLY work in our favor to over power several teams that are more half court designed. Then again, only like 4-5 people on this current roster can actually run.

Actually 8+ on the roster can thrive in that offense.

thats enough for a full rotation.
Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

D'Antoni to the Knicks is horrible.

Walsh is so high on Mark Jackson, you have to wonder if Dolan is the reason for bringing him here.

I wonder how much patience Walsh will have with Dolan this season.

Well, Dolan said Walsh has full autonomy. So IDK if Dolan had some say in this. I'm sure Walsh has some sort of plan, and right now i trust him.

We basically almost tried every single type basketball that can be played, besides run and gun. And with the East being so defensive oriented and in ahalfcourt set, this can work to our favor.

Now addressing the Curry/Randolph situation...we need to get rid of one of them for the other to succeed. I say we get rid of Randolph, because Curry mightbe able to thrive in the run and gun. But he need to learn how to rebound. Because without rebounds we wont have the opportunities to run.

Back
Top Bottom