OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Danillo is not soft, and I can't comment on his defense( if its anything like the rest of the Italian league its non-existent(what else is new to D'antoni and the Knicks))
But this is what I said earlier on in the post

After watching that tape I have come to these conclusions about the Italian

He has very good fotwork
Needs to get stronger
Will get bodied on the block
He is not, and I repeat he does not look soft at all
Decent finisher and more athletic than thought
The defense in Italy is atrocious
Has a pretty good IQ
Will not be a great rebounder unless he gets stronger
Good jab step
Reads defenses well
Lacks explosiveness

On the next level he will be a solid player, probably average 15, 16, 17 points on a terrible team. The comparisons to Kukoc are pretty solid. Does this mean I want the Italian? Not if Westbrook, Bayless or Mayo are on the board. He is going to be a good player, but I don't see us taking him with the probability that Bayless will be on the board. First time watching him up there and I was pretty impressed, he won't be a stiff or a dud.
Has to use the up and under move in the post or turn around fadeaways because of his lack of strength

After thinking about it, he's going to be a good player and I like his skill set. But he isn't what we needed and I much rather have Bayless, but he won't be a bust and end up like Darko. In 3 years he'll be a solid player. Maybe he'll even stop Shaq. Who knows.

HUH?!

You high?

probably only because Shaq wont be in the league 3 years from now

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Danillo is not soft, and I can't comment on his defense( if its anything like the rest of the Italian league its non-existent(what else is new to D'antoni and the Knicks))
But this is what I said earlier on in the post

After watching that tape I have come to these conclusions about the Italian

He has very good fotwork
Needs to get stronger
Will get bodied on the block
He is not, and I repeat he does not look soft at all
Decent finisher and more athletic than thought
The defense in Italy is atrocious
Has a pretty good IQ
Will not be a great rebounder unless he gets stronger
Good jab step
Reads defenses well
Lacks explosiveness

On the next level he will be a solid player, probably average 15, 16, 17 points on a terrible team. The comparisons to Kukoc are pretty solid. Does this mean I want the Italian? Not if Westbrook, Bayless or Mayo are on the board. He is going to be a good player, but I don't see us taking him with the probability that Bayless will be on the board. First time watching him up there and I was pretty impressed, he won't be a stiff or a dud.
Has to use the up and under move in the post or turn around fadeaways because of his lack of strength

After thinking about it, he's going to be a good player and I like his skill set. But he isn't what we needed and I much rather have Bayless, but he won't be a bust and end up like Darko. In 3 years he'll be a solid player. Maybe he'll even stop Shaq. Who knows.

HUH?!

You high?

I wish I was. I wasn't serious, before Darko was drafted and ESPN was running interviews on him he proclaimed he could stop Shaq. Just a littlecomparison. And if you don't think Danillo will be a solid player, then I suggest you take a deep look at him as a player and hold the biases aside. Knicksare getting a solid player. Not better than Bayless, but solid.

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

I'm posting from my BlackBerry here at the Draft and I'm not even going to discuss the pick. I was lobbying for Augustin. Smh at the whole thing. I hope it works out for his sake. However the more important news here is that there is serious rumors about David Lee being traded for Raymond Felton and two international players. SMFH if its true.

Just heard about that too.

I don't know, man.

I'm posting from my BlackBerry here at the Draft and I'm not even going to discuss the pick. I was lobbying for Augustin. Smh at the whole thing. I hope it works out for his sake. However the more important news here is that there is serious rumors about David Lee being traded for Raymond Felton and two international players. SMFH if its true.

No smh, that would be a good move imo. Lee and Felton are a wash basically, not 1 player is better than the other but we get the point guard we need. Andin D'antoni's offense Felton would flourish. He's lighting quick and would be phenomenal for D'antoni

We are not drafting the Italian. I will repeat we are NOT drafting the Italian. Trust me, he will not be on this team as our number 1 pick. Just because the Italian's dad is friends with D'antoni does not mean D'antoni is going to draft him. Enough of this Italian talk.

indifferent.gif

once charlotte picked up augustin it was pretty obvious that felton would be shopped around...i would take the deal...we desperately need a PG

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

once charlotte picked up augustin it was pretty obvious that felton would be shopped around...i would take the deal...we desperately need a PG

First player Larry Brown ran out of town.

No smh, that would be a good move imo. Lee and Felton are a wash basically, not 1 player is better than the other but we get the point guard we need. And in D'antoni's offense Felton would flourish. He's lighting quick and would be phenomenal for D'antoni

The only trade involving Lee that makes sense is if we get a high-impact player/draft pick in return. His stock is sky high, and to bring in Felton (whoISN'T lightning quick, in fact his strength is his best weapon) does not justify this trade.

After drafting two big-men, I doubt Lee would really fill any of the Bobcats' needs.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

No smh, that would be a good move imo. Lee and Felton are a wash basically, not 1 player is better than the other but we get the point guard we need. And in D'antoni's offense Felton would flourish. He's lighting quick and would be phenomenal for D'antoni

The only trade involving Lee that makes sense is if we get a high-impact player/draft pick in return. His stock is sky high, and to bring in Felton (who ISN'T lightning quick, in fact his strength is his best weapon) does not justify this trade.

After drafting two big-men, I doubt Lee would really fill any of the Bobcats' needs.

From draftexpress.com
Overview: A lightning quick point guard who is still trying to recapture the individual and team success that he experienced as a collegiate at UNC, and made him a top-5 pick. Won an NCAA championship at UNC as a junior in 2005. His quickness, strength, and explosiveness are ideal even by NBA standards, though his physical stature is only average. Has quickly become a quality NBA point guard, and has the potential to get even better, even though he's been hurt by Charlotte's lack of stability from the sidelines. Future success largely depends on whether Larry Brown will try to rein him in, or allow him to play the type of up-tempo basketball that best suits him.
And his stats so far

[table][tr][td]Year[/td] [td]Age[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]Lg[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Min[/td] [td]Pts[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [td]FGM[/td] [td]FGA[/td] [td]FGP[/td] [td]FTM[/td] [td]FTA[/td] [td]FTP[/td] [td]3PM[/td] [td]3PA[/td] [td]3PP[/td] [td]ORB[/td] [td]DRB[/td] [td]TRB[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]CHR[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]80[/td] [td]2402[/td] [td]950[/td] [td]11.9[/td] [td]345[/td] [td]883[/td] [td].391[/td] [td]163[/td] [td]224[/td] [td].728[/td] [td]97[/td] [td]271[/td] [td].358[/td] [td]77[/td] [td]188[/td] [td]265[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [td]446[/td] [td]5.6[/td] [td]102[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]182[/td] [td]181[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Log[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]CHR[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]78[/td] [td]2837[/td] [td]1093[/td] [td]14.0[/td] [td]393[/td] [td]1024[/td] [td].384[/td] [td]204[/td] [td]256[/td] [td].797[/td] [td]103[/td] [td]312[/td] [td].330[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]216[/td] [td]267[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]545[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]118[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]230[/td] [td]180[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]CHR[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]79[/td] [td]2976[/td] [td]1140[/td] [td]14.4[/td] [td]412[/td] [td]996[/td] [td].414[/td] [td]260[/td] [td]324[/td] [td].802[/td] [td]56[/td] [td]200[/td] [td].280[/td] [td]37[/td] [td]199[/td] [td]236[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]583[/td] [td]7.4[/td] [td]95[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]214[/td] [td]184[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
I don't know but for a team in an uptempo offense who has no point guard, Raymond Felton seems like the best choice to me. I do agree that they may notwant David Lee, but who knows Larry Brown may have liked what he saw from David in his short tenure here in NY.

felton is definitely an impact player...given his stats he would easily be our assist leader and would be one of our leading scorers as well...i think anycapable PG can excel in a system like d'antoni's

Dude put the press on GM's in the Tri-State. He said he would only play for NY or NJ or go back to Italy. Glad the Nets didn't pick him, but I guesswe'll see what happens.............

Danilo will be ok. They drafted on potential and highest ceiling, which is the right move in this situation. The Knicks will be bad for the next 3 years ATLEAST. This is a given, and I hope no fans were expecting anything else.

So if the only pg you really liked in this draft (Westbrook) is gone, then take a guy you think can turn into a very solid player in a couple of years, andwait to find that superstar in the next few years, either in the draft, or through trade/free agency.

Haze I get you don't like Euro players, but this dude is not soft. He is aggressive and will compete hard. His body is alot more filled out that some ofthe stiff and soft Euro's in the past, and he could still grow another inch or two, and I expect him to get considerably stronger as well. His skills andshooting are already at a level where he can contribute. Give the guy and chance and realize this is a LONG rebuilding process, and this is just the beginning.Start to build the team around competitive, skilled, non-ego players and give it 3 + years to work out.

We don't need more dudes like Bayless (we already have a better version of him in Crawford) Gordon (another undersized, gunning 2 guard) or any otherpeople who you can't build a team around. Look at teams like the Suns, they draft players who people may not always agree with, but they fill the team withsolid talent and guys who are willing to contribute however they are needed. This is just step 1 of a long rebuilding road.

The instant savior we were all hoping for in this draft was not going to happen when we missed out on a top 3 pick. So if you can accept that (which most ofyou seem not to accept/understand) then you will see that this is a fine pick, and is all part of the plan.

still tough to judge. not many people have seen this kid play. he could use a few pounds to bulk up with for starters.

it's up to d'antoni's coacing to see how this turns out, but nothing instant

I have no problem giving him a chance, but I still don't think we need him.

We just have to let this whole thing play out, lots of players have to go.

I'm still in disbelief that Franchella compared this dude to Derek Jeter? Derek Jeter 4 time world champ, WS MVP Derek Jeter.

I'm still in disbelief that Franchella compared this dude to Derek Jeter? Derek Jeter 4 time world champ, WS MVP Derek Jeter.

I'm sure he meant in terms of being a likable person in NYC.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I'm sure he meant in terms of being a likable person in NYC.

Regardless, he even said himself he wont be a "superstar". We like dudes who can play defense an have heart, that's the only reason why Nategets love. Like you said he's not what we need and has NOTHING that we want.

I watched Felton play five times in the last three seasons (once against Knicks, twice against Nets, twice against the Raptors). Based on what I saw, he is NOTlightning quick. He's a good player, but he doesn't have the penetrate-at-will quickness suggested by the "lightning-quick" description.

As for how (or why) the hell I saw the Bobcats play five times: The games in NY and NJ were free tickets given to me by my sister (who works at Bear Stearnsand now JPMChase). The two at Toronto were because they were the cheapest tickets available (I went to college in Buffalo and made MANY trips to Toronto forsporting events and other things).

We just have to let this whole thing play out, lots of players have to go.

Yep. Like I said, considering we had no chance at Beasley, Rose, or Mayo, our biggest offseason change won't be in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom