OFFICIAL NFL Playoff THREAD 2023- 2024 Vol: Win or Go Home.

Anyone giving the Lions a chance?

Love their story and I hope they pull it off but the 9ers might be way too much.

They did a good job against the run but they were getting cooked through the air by the Bucs for stretches, especially in the 2nd half.

Gonna have a handful trying to stop CMC as it is, dunno what they're gonna do about their 3 All-Pro recievers.

i think the world of Ben Johnson and pieces they have on that team

hard to have faith in goff

That unit vs Mahomes and co is what I'm looking forward to the most this weekend :pimp:

They've been hellacious and have dealt with the best teams and offenses in the league as if they were playing scrimmages all season long.

Gonna be real interesting to see if that old adage in the postseason still rings true...

Lamar's also gonna have a tough time against a tough KC D as well but I have more faith in their passing game than I did in Buffalos. Especially with Andrews set to be back in the lineup

Better comparison would be comparing the numbers during the same era :lol:. There's enough sample size there too since they did overlap for the twighlight of TB's career and Pat's peak years so far.

Brady put up better numbers in his 30's and 40's than he ever did in his 20's after all the rule changes.

The 2000-2007 (when he turned 30) NFL is far removed from what offenses are doing now.

3k yards was the benchmark for guys and 4k was only hit by the top guys back then. Now 4k is the benchmark for starters

That's fair

Let's take a look

1705941587110.png

1705941626864.png

Oh

That unit vs Mahomes and co is what I'm looking forward to the most this weekend :pimp:

They've been hellacious and have dealt with the best teams and offenses in the league as if they were playing scrimmages all season long.

Gonna be real interesting to see if that old adage in the postseason still rings true...

Lamar's also gonna have a tough time against a tough KC D as well but I have more faith in their passing game than I did in Buffalos. Especially with Andrews set to be back in the lineup

It seems like KC’s defense can be ran on. Which is a good sign for Baltimore.

Anyone giving the Lions a chance?

Love their story and I hope they pull it off but the 9ers might be way too much.

They did a good job against the run but they were getting cooked through the air by the Bucs for stretches, especially in the 2nd half.

Gonna have a handful trying to stop CMC as it is, dunno what they're gonna do about their 3 All-Pro recievers.

I got the Lions winning. I think the Lions DB's catch those ints he threw to Green Bay. Lions just have aura with them this year.

I got the Lions winning. I think the Lions DB's catch those ints he threw to Green Bay. Lions just have aura with them this year.
People keep saying this

Watch purdy have a perfect game with no mistakes like that because I agree, lions woulda snatched up all of those

Gotta say, never seen a QB get more credit in playoff L's than Allen :lol:

They're talking more about him playing well and losing than Mahomes playing even better and winning today.

Even younger Peyton didn't get as much benefit of the doubt when he was resetting records before going one and done
He’s got da look. I’m very proud

We literally saw a 43 year old Tom Brady in his first year on a new team SMOKE Mahomes in a Super Bowl.

Get that stupid *** Mahomes > Brady take out of here for the time being :lol:
Mahomes was running for his life behind a bad OL. That was not indicative of who was the better QB at that time. Be serious

That's fair

Let's take a look

1705941587110.png

1705941626864.png

Oh

You reallllll slick skipping 2015-2022 AND you left out a whole seasons from Mahomes

Brady missed 2008 which you included, but you didn’t include Mahomes rookie season. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can’t outslick a slickster, you left off 7 years of stats from Brady :rofl:

Identical numbers…
D4DDCBD7-4E47-4A72-8BB2-ECCB6271C930.jpeg
B6A66FE9-C054-4E1B-B3F9-D961D8947A91.jpeg

I took off Mahomes non existent rookie season and took off Brady’s 2008 year and started from 2009-2022. Damn near close again

Mahomes 200 more pass yards per, 3 More TDs and Brady with one less INT than Mahomes. So yeah, no drastic separation of statistics.

Brady overlapped the best passing era in NFL history and it lengthened his career AND he was putting up the same numbers as dudes in their physical prime in a league that protected QBs. And he was still besting these young guys while in his late 30s and 40s :lol:

He basically proved that no matter the era, skills, rules etc, put him anywhere and he gone work.

Literally the backyard all-time QB. Like your Big bro who could be 50 years old with bad knees, but put him in the backyard with all the kid and let him be all-time QB and he gone do work!! Same deal as Brady.

E4A89C6A-1D96-4241-811B-100E60381E0E.jpeg
3D4ECB7D-FD09-4888-A058-11A7947C0586.jpeg

Last edited:
we need Deebo to tweet some **** about the Lions or something. we gotta move back on to this coming weekend's matchups :lol:
Came across this

The irony is great :lol:

He was down to go home in 2020 and they passed in favor of Jimmy G then last summer, they were actually ready to give him a farewell tour only for him to pass this time.

No speculation either, Purdy straight up said that's what Shannahan told him before the season.

You reallllll slick skipping 2015-2022 AND you left out a whole seasons from Mahomes

Brady missed 2008 which you included, but you didn’t include Mahomes rookie season. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can’t outslick a slickster, you left off 7 years of stats from Brady :rofl:

Identical numbers…
D4DDCBD7-4E47-4A72-8BB2-ECCB6271C930.jpeg
B6A66FE9-C054-4E1B-B3F9-D961D8947A91.jpeg

I took off Mahomes non existent rookie season and took off Brady’s 2008 year and started from 2009-2022. Damn near close again

Mahomes 200 more pass yards per, 3 More TDs and Brady with one less INT than Mahomes. So yeah, no drastic separation of statistics.

Brady overlapped the best passing era in NFL history and it lengthened is career AND he was putting up the same numbers as dudes in their physical prime in a league that protected QBs. And he was still besting these young guys while in his late 30s and 40s :lol:

E4A89C6A-1D96-4241-811B-100E60381E0E.jpeg
3D4ECB7D-FD09-4888-A058-11A7947C0586.jpeg

Bruh you know Mahomes didn't play his rookie year. That's why I left it out. :lol:

What you posted Mahomes is still better. Y'all only argument is Brady played into his 40's. Y'all can wait 10 more years or whatever.

and for the record, i don't think Pat needs 7 rings to be considered GOAT. but he needs to play at a high level for a while
This is honestly my major sticking point. With this convo. It is not just about rings anyone going someone is goat cause titles in an extremely lazy argument. Being the Goat is not just about winning a lot titles. That’s never been how it works.

So San Fran tried to get both hometown boys, Brady and Rodgers at one point and lost out on both.

I always felt like one or both would’ve played in San Francisco at one point in their careers.

San Francisco still stupid for Passing on him in 2005

Mahomes was running for his life behind a bad OL. That was not indicative of who was the better QB at that time. Be serious
So it just gets thrown out and doesn’t matter?

Do we get to go the other way and say Brady didn’t have ideal situations all the time, so that’s not indicative of what he was?

I’m just trying to figure out what’s what :lol:

This is honestly my major sticking point. With this convo. It is not just about rings anyone going someone is goat cause titles in an extremely lazy argument. Being the Goat is not just about winning a lot titles. That’s never been how it works.

Brady has the stats and titles to make him the GOAT. That’s the difference. That’s the major point in the discussion.

Like Jerry Rice or Gretzky. Dudes have the stats and titles

89,000+ pass yards and 649 TDs AND 7 titles… I mean, what more does it take? He’s got the all time best stats in the regular season and postseason:lol:

The guy has 13,000 yards and 88 playoff TDs. 35-13 record.

There are journeyman QBs who don’t even have regular season stats that compare to this mans playoff stats :lol:

Brady has the stats and titles to make him the GOAT. That’s the difference. That’s the major point in the discussion.

Like Jerry Rice or Gretzky. Dudes have the stats and titles
And that’s cool but I’m saying any argument about who the goat is should lead with play and then titles. Just citing titles is lazy.

Back
Top Bottom