Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

How does this release compare to the OG's? I'm not talking about the PE. Just wondering how they differ for any of the OG griffey heads in here. 

These are actually well done in person..I definitely want these back in my closet :pimp:

How does this release compare to the OG's? I'm not talking about the PE. Just wondering how they differ for any of the OG griffey heads in here. 

This retro is closer to the OG then the last. I can't see a difference between them besides fit, comfort, smaller air bubbles, the usual.

Last edited:

Comfort of the OG is worlds better but most are no longer wearable at this point. The retros aren't 100% spot on in regards to panel lines but that's just splitting hairs. The newest Emerald is closer to the OG than the the previous retro as far as accuracy. The 'volt' might as well be a retro + colorway. Hopefully, a proper Freshwater is in the works as well.

It's a great retro if you're looking to add the Griffey 1 to your collection. As others have mentioned, there are more comfortable retros but the OG was a new age trainer. These NSW releases are for nostalgia purposes only. Damn your comfort, they have $200+ Flyknits they want to sell you. [emoji]128516[/emoji]

went a half size up. should I be good?
Yup  if u have a wide foot 
Comfort of the OG is worlds better but most are no longer wearable at this point. The retros aren't 100% spot on in regards to panel lines but that's just splitting hairs. The newest Emerald is closer to the OG than the the previous retro as far as accuracy. The 'volt' might as well be a retro + colorway. Hopefully, a proper Freshwater is in the works as well.

It's a great retro if you're looking to add the Griffey 1 to your collection. As others have mentioned, there are more comfortable retros but the OG was a new age trainer. These NSW releases are for nostalgia purposes only. Damn your comfort, they have $200+ Flyknits they want to sell you. [emoji]128516[/emoji]
 I've wanted these in my collection for a long time.  can't wait for them to come in. to me this shoe is nicer than a lot of jordans out there but thats my personal opinion 

Would you guys have wanted a volt air bag?

Anyway... late TBT.

griffey-max-emerald.jpg

I haven't tried on a retro yet that was as good as the og is. the emerald diamond furies are the closest thing so far for comfort. those flat air bubbles are just a crime against shoemanity tho. would rather they put the effort into these that they did for the pressures and make them more limited and pricy.

Damn your comfort, they have $200+ Flyknits they want to sell you. [emoji]128516[/emoji]

a lot of truth to that, even tho I know you meant it sarcastically.

Volts were an OG release so why should they be considered a retro+ color? I love the volts and will be getting a pair probably lol and the comfort on my freshwaters is not as bad as some people have said, maybe you guys have flat feet? i have a big arch in my foot and these feel fine so maybe its something along those lines

Volts were an OG release so why should they be considered a retro+ color? I love the volts and will be getting a pair probably lol and the comfort on my freshwaters is not as bad as some people have said, maybe you guys have flat feet? i have a big arch in my foot and these feel fine so maybe its something along those lines

The original was a representation of the royal/gold Mariners. The past two retros are volt green and a pale royal. The only similarity is the color placement.

They are nice by themselves but fall short in regards to accuracy.

Take what I say with a grain of salt. I don't wear any baseball fitted that isn't an on-field authentic and won't clash teams. No Florida Marlins hat and Griffey shoes for me. [emoji]128516[/emoji]

I haven't tried on a retro yet that was as good as the og is. the emerald diamond furies are the closest thing so far for comfort. those flat air bubbles are just a crime against shoemanity tho. would rather they put the effort into these that they did for the pressures and make them more limited and pricy.

The Emerald Fury retro is DAMN comfortable. Thanks for the reminder.

The original was a representation of the royal/gold Mariners. The past two retros are volt green and a pale royal. The only similarity is the color placement.

They are nice by themselves but fall short in regards to accuracy.

Take what I say with a grain of salt. I don't wear any baseball fitted that isn't an on-field authentic and won't clash teams. No Florida Marlins hat and Griffey shoes for me. [emoji]128516[/emoji]
oh ok i gotcha and that makes sense but as a griffey fan i loved the retro and even the OGs i never saw any resemblance to any of the uni's he wore but then again as a kid i wasnt a knit picker when it came to that so for me the retro looked dang good. I love the volts and need a pair but might have to go the layaway route or wait a week or two and get them from jimmy jazz for around a $100, depends on how limited and hyped they are i guess

Why is every retailer calling the "emeralds" the "freshwaters" during this release? It's so confusing.

Back
Top Bottom