Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

That video was TRASH.  Dude is going to review a video for a free pair of shoes that nike sent him and say "blah, blah, blah" about text that is in it.  How unprofessional.  Box looks awesome though, what a shame the sent it to a group of guys who can't even appreciate it enough to give it a proper review and video edit.
Yep, that was exactly the part that annoyed me most... celebrating someone's HOF accomplishments, but he couldn't be bothered to treat it with a bit more respect.  Blue sidewalls of the box was an obvs nod to the Kingdome, but they seemingly didn't do the research.  I don't have an FB acct, but I wish more people would call them out on it.  
mean.gif

Ronnie Fieg got the Griffey package.

man im so on the fence with these. I have the freshwaters but theyre so damn uncomfortable.

id be buying these because im the biggest self proclaimed Griffey fan there is (every fan thinks this)

i dont like the silver pods/bubbles at all but the red swoosh on the back is fire.

but what i really need to know is are they as uncomfortable as the previous retros. and do they run the same because i had to .5 up definitely for those.

:smh: So tempted to go grab these. They look great. How they feel?

Frel good to me, i didnt have the previous version so i cant compare.

Fit is a lil on the snug side but its like how i like mine to fit and i think itll loosen after being worn some.

Theres a lil glue on the corner of the left toe its nothing major may just takesome angelus n paijt it black. Knowin me though i prob wont even touch idc much about tiny lil things like that

Frel good to me, i didnt have the previous version so i cant compare.

Fit is a lil on the snug side but its like how i like mine to fit and i think itll loosen after being worn some.

Theres a lil glue on the corner of the left toe its nothing major may just takesome angelus n paijt it black. Knowin me though i prob wont even touch idc much about tiny lil things like that

*sighs*

Let me exercise some patience here. I just got grabbed like 5 shoes in a month and a half. :smh:

*sighs*

Let me exercise some patience here. I just got grabbed like 5 shoes in a month and a half. :smh:

Oh man i know exactly how that is. Thankfully i tamed it down this year, with the help of not many releases i want.

I remember at span in 2013 i bought around 11 pairs of kicks within a month n half to 2 months :wow: it was fun but lookin back im like :smh:

Last edited:
just got mine in today. I got some paint on the air bubble... any idea how to fix?? I'm thinking a little bit of acetone?. i bought pair of sea hawk griffieys a few years back. i this was prior to me knowing that you should go half a size up with this shoe. eventually had to stop wearing my seahawk griffeys due to the pain my feet were having plus trying to shove a 9.5 foot into a 9 sneaker is not good. lol these feel a lot more comfy than the sea hawk ones though. 

just got mine in today. I got some paint on the air bubble... any idea how to fix?? I'm thinking a little bit of acetone?. i bought pair of sea hawk griffieys a few years back. i this was prior to me knowing that you should go half a size up with this shoe. eventually had to stop wearing my seahawk griffeys due to the pain my feet were having plus trying to shove a 9.5 foot into a 9 sneaker is not good. lol these feel a lot more comfy than the sea hawk ones though. 
still a half size up?

If you got a wide foot then yeah and definitely look on ebay for sellers selling for cheaper than retail if you can.

Quick question for guys with sizing issue. Are you getting your normal size? Also, are your other shoes a tighter fit? I ask this because I used to think a lot of sneakers were just made snug but come to fine out, I was getting the wrong size.

Getting 12 or 12.5 when I should have been getting a 13.

For me, I've always gone TTS, but some guys go 0.5 up for a bit more room around the toebox.  It tapers a bit so it might be a bit snug for some. 

the toe box is narrow on these.  so if u have any thought that u have a wide foot. u should probably go half a size up. does anyone know what kinda of paint i should use to fix up some of the midsole ?

Last edited:
Now you guys are getting me nervous. I wear a 13, there is no half sizing up anymore lol

Back
Top Bottom