Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

It's good to know the current emerald re-release is closer to the original as stated by some peep on here. But the miniaturized air bubbles on every Griffey Max 1 re-release is an annoyance to me just like most peeps feel. Why the hell can't Nike manufacture accurate sized air bubbles at least close to the originals? It's been a damn deterrent for me from getting these the last few years honestly. 

NDC gotta have a limited stock to make people think they selling out. They're not selling like that in stores. It's brilliant by Nike but I hate it.

Why is every retailer calling the "emeralds" the "freshwaters" during this release? It's so confusing.

Even sneaker blogs have too ... erks me

Nobody knows yet. Only 2 of the three OG CWs have been confirmed. I personally think they will drop later this year.

Tryin to think of any significant dates The Kid had in late summer or fall. Possibly a release then? :nerd:

Even sneaker blogs have too ... erks me
Tryin to think of any significant dates The Kid had in late summer or fall. Possibly a release then? :nerd:

Possibly. It would make no sense not to drop the main CW of this model. Then again this is Nike we're talking about. Fingers crossed. The three OG CWs are my main sneaker focus in 2016.

Nobody knows yet. Only two of the three OG CWs have been confirmed. I personally think they will drop later this year.
I feel like the freshwaters (my holy grail) would be slated closer to June when Griffey is officially inducted into the HOF.

no release info so we swoop on emeralds and volts. just a feeling though

Last edited:
I'm still pissed at Nike for the last Air Bakin retro. They gave us the black, yellow and red but didn't the black, blue and grey.

Why is every retailer calling the "emeralds" the "freshwaters" during this release? It's so confusing.
To be fair, I think the box lists the color as "Fresh water"?   I think the only time "emerald" was used was in the OG's?  Mariner Emerald to be exact?

But for us, for the sake of clarity, "Fresh Water" and "Emerald"... 

emeralds would be had only to paint the midsole white with black hits though, did they release in any stores? i didnt have any time to check this weekend

emeralds would be had only to paint the midsole white with black hits though, did they release in any stores? i didnt have any time to check this weekend

I believe Champs are the only store who has them in-store, Footlocker said they didn't get them and I didn't see them anywhere else.

I didn't bother to check quality.

I would love to get this packaging.. that mini bat 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Ooooo my pair come in today .. kinda forgot jus that quick and i made a post bout it yesterday

SneakerNews unboxing a promotional Griffey package.  Felt kinda halfassed though... 
eyes.gif

That video was TRASH.  Dude is going to review a video for a free pair of shoes that nike sent him and say "blah, blah, blah" about text that is in it.  How unprofessional.  Box looks awesome though, what a shame the sent it to a group of guys who can't even appreciate it enough to give it a proper review and video edit.

Whats up with nike and these big as oversized boxes lately man damn :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom