OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by djuzi05

I find it hilarious that dudes here are scolding a guy wanting to buy these to resell. His money is going towards a great charity regardless. How much are you donating to the charity? Yeahhh, that's what I thought.

Yeaaahhhhh if that was his intention; nobody would say anything.

laugh.gif
 at some of the comments in here. Tinker is a bum and nobody would ever want to buy a shoe in the McFly colorway or associated with Back to the Future? You gotta be !%#@%#% kidding me...seriously? 
The guy responsible for the greatest basketball shoe line ever on top of a number of the most iconic running shoes and trainers is a bum now? He's had a hand in designing, directly or indirectly, a large number of Nike shoes that have ever truly mattered. How does a guy go from greatest sneaker designer of all time to a bum overnight? 
laugh.gif

And something with the McFly colorway is just gonna sit on shelves? Were you just blind to the Hyperdunk release or something? Something, anything with a Back to the Future association is gonna sell like hotcakes, and this auction, despite the ridiculous prices, just completely proves that. Hell even those Delorean dunks from last year were super hyped, and they don't even come close to the other BTTF related shoes that have come out. 

And the Hyperdunks themselves regardless of colorway was inspired in its design by these Nike Mags, so isn't it natural they put out a McFly colorway for them? Sure, those McFly Hyperdunks aren't the Mags with the powerlacing and the lights, but aside from the South Beaches, name me another Nike Basketball shoe from the last 3-4 years that's had the same widespread amount of anticipation/hype among sneakerheads. Clearly they were a good enough of a shoe to make a 2010 and now 2011 model on top of multiple PEs. And how are they a "carbon copy" of the Mags when carbon copy means an EXACT copy of something? 

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills reading some of these comments 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 at some of the comments in here. Tinker is a bum and nobody would ever want to buy a shoe in the McFly colorway or associated with Back to the Future? You gotta be !%#@%#% kidding me...seriously? 
The guy responsible for the greatest basketball shoe line ever on top of a number of the most iconic running shoes and trainers is a bum now? He's had a hand in designing, directly or indirectly, a large number of Nike shoes that have ever truly mattered. How does a guy go from greatest sneaker designer of all time to a bum overnight? 
laugh.gif

And something with the McFly colorway is just gonna sit on shelves? Were you just blind to the Hyperdunk release or something? Something, anything with a Back to the Future association is gonna sell like hotcakes, and this auction, despite the ridiculous prices, just completely proves that. Hell even those Delorean dunks from last year were super hyped, and they don't even come close to the other BTTF related shoes that have come out. 

And the Hyperdunks themselves regardless of colorway was inspired in its design by these Nike Mags, so isn't it natural they put out a McFly colorway for them? Sure, those McFly Hyperdunks aren't the Mags with the powerlacing and the lights, but aside from the South Beaches, name me another Nike Basketball shoe from the last 3-4 years that's had the same widespread amount of anticipation/hype among sneakerheads. Clearly they were a good enough of a shoe to make a 2010 and now 2011 model on top of multiple PEs. And how are they a "carbon copy" of the Mags when carbon copy means an EXACT copy of something? 

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills reading some of these comments 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

Im baffled so many people are willing to pay 5000$+ on these...........

trust me, theres A LOT of BTTF fans, die hard ones so if they can get their hands on a rare shoes from movie, they will pay the price.

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

Im baffled so many people are willing to pay 5000$+ on these...........

trust me, theres A LOT of BTTF fans, die hard ones so if they can get their hands on a rare shoes from movie, they will pay the price.

yeah, stop hating on tinker. 
indifferent.gif

seriously, where would we be without him? imagine the shoes that woulda never existed.
eek.gif

i hope they re-release in 2015 and the only thing they change is they make them a mid-cut version and with power lacing. exactly the same, just an inch two shorter.

yeah, stop hating on tinker. 
indifferent.gif

seriously, where would we be without him? imagine the shoes that woulda never existed.
eek.gif

i hope they re-release in 2015 and the only thing they change is they make them a mid-cut version and with power lacing. exactly the same, just an inch two shorter.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

I GOT MY BID IN ON A SIZE 11. GONNA TRY TO SIT ON EM FOR A BIT AND FLIP LATER ON DOWN THE LINE IF I END UP WINNING.

LOOKS LIKE SNEAKERHEADS ARE GETTING OUTBID BY BACK TO THE FUTURE COLLECTORS. LOL

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

tired.gif

First off, good luck trying to flip them down the road for 10,000 or whatever. If someone really wanted these, they'd drop the bread now and get them for as low as possible, oppose to dropping 10,000. The cats spending this kind of bread on them are truely helping the cause, not looking to flip them. By the time they're worth anything remotely close to what you're looking for - the 2015 editions will drop. So you'll be stuck with a $5,000 shoe.......................that you never wanted in the first place.

Just play the sideline bro.
COOL.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

I GOT MY BID IN ON A SIZE 11. GONNA TRY TO SIT ON EM FOR A BIT AND FLIP LATER ON DOWN THE LINE IF I END UP WINNING.

LOOKS LIKE SNEAKERHEADS ARE GETTING OUTBID BY BACK TO THE FUTURE COLLECTORS. LOL

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

tired.gif

First off, good luck trying to flip them down the road for 10,000 or whatever. If someone really wanted these, they'd drop the bread now and get them for as low as possible, oppose to dropping 10,000. The cats spending this kind of bread on them are truely helping the cause, not looking to flip them. By the time they're worth anything remotely close to what you're looking for - the 2015 editions will drop. So you'll be stuck with a $5,000 shoe.......................that you never wanted in the first place.

Just play the sideline bro.
COOL.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by Ace3han

To everyone who wants to know if this can be tax deductible then here is the IRS stance on charity auctions:

Donors who purchase items at a charity auction may claim a charitable contribution deduction for the excess of the purchase price paid for an item over its fair market value.  The donor must be able to show, however, that he or she knew that the value of the item was less than the amount paid.  For example, a charity may publish a catalog, given to each person who attends an auction, providing a good faith estimate of items that will be available for bidding.  Assuming the donor has no reason to doubt the accuracy of the published estimate, if he or she pays more than the published value, the difference between the amount paid and the published value may constitute a charitable contribution deduction.

Here is the link to the page at IRS.Gov
http://www.irs.gov/charities/charitable/article/0,,id=123204,00.html
so unless Nike comes out and says the shoes are worth $500, you will not be able to claim all of it as donation?
Yes, however it does say fair market value not cost of production value. So if you buy the item now for 10K then when tax time comes around and they are only worth 5K then I guess you can claim 5K difference as a charitable donation. This all depends on proof of fair market value.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by Ace3han

To everyone who wants to know if this can be tax deductible then here is the IRS stance on charity auctions:

Donors who purchase items at a charity auction may claim a charitable contribution deduction for the excess of the purchase price paid for an item over its fair market value.  The donor must be able to show, however, that he or she knew that the value of the item was less than the amount paid.  For example, a charity may publish a catalog, given to each person who attends an auction, providing a good faith estimate of items that will be available for bidding.  Assuming the donor has no reason to doubt the accuracy of the published estimate, if he or she pays more than the published value, the difference between the amount paid and the published value may constitute a charitable contribution deduction.

Here is the link to the page at IRS.Gov
http://www.irs.gov/charities/charitable/article/0,,id=123204,00.html
so unless Nike comes out and says the shoes are worth $500, you will not be able to claim all of it as donation?
Yes, however it does say fair market value not cost of production value. So if you buy the item now for 10K then when tax time comes around and they are only worth 5K then I guess you can claim 5K difference as a charitable donation. This all depends on proof of fair market value.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Just out of curiosity, I know these are all charity auctions but did they set it up with eBay and pay pal where they don't take a percentage out of the final value? Really crappy if eBay and pp will still do that

Anyone?

My final chapter on the Nike MAG "BACK FOR THE FUTURE" experience is now up and posted on:
http://www.thehundreds.com/

I want to applaud Nike for this endeavor.  They did a fantastic job on all ends - from the design to production - to the story and publicity and philanthropy.  

For the first time in many years, I can appreciate Nike a little more clearly.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Just out of curiosity, I know these are all charity auctions but did they set it up with eBay and pay pal where they don't take a percentage out of the final value? Really crappy if eBay and pp will still do that

Anyone?

My final chapter on the Nike MAG "BACK FOR THE FUTURE" experience is now up and posted on:
http://www.thehundreds.com/

I want to applaud Nike for this endeavor.  They did a fantastic job on all ends - from the design to production - to the story and publicity and philanthropy.  

For the first time in many years, I can appreciate Nike a little more clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom