Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

Here is the comparion:

The retro seems to look bigger and you immediately notice the shorter tongue on the retro!

Picture from both sides:
Interesting, it seems like both shoes have the creases in the exact same spot.  Thanks for the write up.  I am waiting on the lighter color retros to come out before I jump on.  I have my white and gray pair and red and white pair hanging out in the closet.

Great review. Repped.

Outside of the shortness of the tongue looks like nike did as good a job as they were going to on these I'm pleased. Gonna keep a pair on ice and wear the other. I think the price will dip on these drastically in the near future and in about 3-4 years u won't be able to find em for a decent price.

Glad the whole tongue ordeal can finally be put to rest now. Or last add to the already general consensus who knew and felt that they were shorter.

As previously rumored...

Alejandro Muñoz was born with kidneys that have never worked well and eventually will fail. He spent his first 12 days in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Trips to Doernbecher have become a frequent part of his life. At eight you just want to play. Now. Today. It’s pretty simple.
Alejandro’s canvas is the Nike Air Max Penny, inspired by his love of football. Alejandro loves nothing more than hanging out in shorts and tees – and now he has designed one of each. Personal drawings and designs are imprinted all over the reflective base of the Air Max Penny, and his own logo is inspired by his favorite football team: the 49ers. Look closely and you’ll see a self-portrait of Alejandro playing football on the tongue.
Air Max Penny LE DB
728590-001
$145
Sizes: 7-13, 14, 15
Air Max Penny LE GS DB
728591-001
$120
Sizes: 3.5Y-7Y

Alejandro Tee
716810-010
$18
Dunk Short V2
716809-010
$25
QT Nike Alejandro True Hat- DB
717617-687
$30

Last edited:
I was thinking it might be going to be on the loud side but they are subtle. The small details are nice and not overdone. Doubt I'll be able to cop though |I

Like them more for the San Francisco theme than anything. If I got 'em it'd strictly be based on that. An official Niners logo on a Penny sneaker is the best of both worlds in my book.

Nike give this boy the penny 1's and his design is based off up football
They should've gave him a pair of diamond turfs
Or air max speed turfs
My thought about it as well. Not a very thought through process on Nike's end. Maybe they put a bunch of models in front of him and let him pick his favorite and he themed it up afterward. Can't blame that on the kid, no way he knows the history of the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom