Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

My thought about it as well. Not a very thought through process on Nike's end. Maybe they put a bunch of models in front of him and let him pick his favorite and he themed it up afterward. Can't blame that on the kid, no way he knows the history of the shoe.

That I could understand

cant wait for 11-23 release plus black friday release both must cop doernbecher penny 1 even more than the jordan 8s

IMG_5467.png

IMG_5465.png

IMG_5463.png

IMG_5464.png

Db penny is chill. Not over the top and I don't have many silver and red shoes.

Little man catching a lot of flack for adding that Niner logo. Not in this particular thread however, just general impressions across social media. I say let the little homie do him.

IMO this is the best DB sig ever done, it baffles me how ppl whine about shoes designed by child and a sick child at that... Lil man kidneys will eventually stop working and ppl are whining about a damn logo... I would take these over ANY jordan DB any day

IMO this is the best DB sig ever done, it baffles me how ppl whine about shoes designed by child and a sick child at that... Lil man kidneys will eventually stop working and ppl are whining about a damn logo... I would take these over ANY jordan DB any day
The design is nice but just like every other shoe is a matter of preference.  I personally would have a difficult time wearing the shoe just because of the 49ers logo.    If I manage to cop it will be as a trait bait. 

I wouldnt say best ever but I do agree that it's disrespectul to the kid that designed them. People fail to realize the meaning behind the db line for sure.

Last edited:
Some higher res ndc pics and info...
Alejandro_portrait_horizontal_original.jpg

Alejandro Muñoz was born with kidneys that have never worked well and eventually will fail. He spent his first 12 days of life in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and trips to OHSU Doernbecher have become a frequent part of his life. He now takes five different medicines and gets a shot every Monday. He has his blood drawn every three to four weeks. That means he has been stuck with needles more than 100 times in his life. His blood tests show that his kidney function is always just a little too good to qualify for a kidney transplant, but not good enough to put their worries to rest.

In the meantime, Alejandro is a typically feisty and active 8-year-old boy. Last September he broke his arm when he fell off the top bunk while playing tag. He likes to play Power Rangers with his sister and brother, and he loves the San Francisco 49ers. He’s a good sport, and youth is his superpower — it protects his spirit. He’s now an avid flag football player, because while he might not be able to tackle on the gridiron, he will tackle whatever life throws at him.

Alejandro’s heroic spirit comes to life in his design of the Air Max Penny, which is inspired by his love of football. His personal drawings and designs are imprinted over the reflective base of the entire shoe, with a self-portrait on one of the tongues. He included a cool transparent outside with a glow-in-the-dark Swoosh and his name across the back of both shoes. Alejandro’s collection also includes shorts, a T-shirt and cap with his custom “AM” logo on each.
Alejandro_Profile_1047_original.jpg

Alejandro_Footwear_Details_0006_original.jpg

Alejandro_Footwear_Details_0005_original.jpg

Alejandro_Laydown_Collection_original.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not a 49ers fan at all (Skol VIkes), but I respect the story behind the design and like the shoe. That's enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom