Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things could move fast with Adidas. Kanye was at another meeting there yesterday! Obviously Kim wore Nike leggings though....

Everyone please do not forget Nick Youngs fufu yeezy 1s on the right of his yeezy collection, minutes 4-6 you can see them, it's the infamous black red green color way

Last edited:
You guys must b really rich, especially when yall start talking about spending 'k's on kicks, seriously tho? 8k on 3 pairs of shoes? Dameeeee

I'm curious to know what you guys think having Yeezys does for you. Aside from whether you can afford blowing 8k on 3 pairs of shoes what do you personally think having those shoes does for you that'll make you even consider spending that much money on a Nike produced product? I get the whole "buy what you like" and "it ain't tricking if you got it" and the whole "blah blah blah BALLIN!" attitude but NOTHING and I mean not a damn NOTHING would EVER say spend 8k on three pairs of Nike Sportswear sneakers. I do want to hear honest non sarcastic opinions on what having these shoes adds to your life tho like for real....

I'm curious to know what you guys think having Yeezys does for you. Aside from whether you can afford blowing 8k on 3 pairs of shoes what do you personally think having those shoes does for you that'll make you even consider spending that much money on a Nike produced product? I get the whole "buy what you like" and "it ain't tricking if you got it" and the whole "blah blah blah BALLIN!" attitude but NOTHING and I mean not a damn NOTHING would EVER say spend 8k on three pairs of Nike Sportswear sneakers. I do want to hear honest non sarcastic opinions on what having these shoes adds to your life tho like for real....

I'm with you too.

Things could move fast with Adidas. Kanye was at another meeting there yesterday! Obviously Kim wore Nike leggings though....
Really he was? Wasn't aware of this.

We'll see his personal pairs surface in the spring/summer and a release in September has already been confirmed

Having a passion for something knows no bound. You know some people think we're silly for talking about sneakers in essentially a chat room

Having a passion for something knows no bound. You know some people think we're silly for talking about sneakers in essentially a chat room

Right I get that but passions spawn from something. Personally, my passion for kicks derived from playing basketball all my life and loving the sport so the kicks kinda coincided but even then I'd never spend that kind of cash on a shoe much less a Nike product. So where does this passion for the Yeezys come from, his amazing agility and maneuvering while performing on stage?....

I'm not looking to judge anybody, I really just wanna say..."oh ok, I guess that makes sense"....

Last edited:
Lmao @ his amazing agility and maneuvering. I couldn't think of a bigger douche bag I'd want to avoid dressing like or repping on my feet for thousands of dollars.

Right I get that but passions spawn from something. Personally, my passion for kicks derived from playing basketball all my life and loving the sport so the kicks kinda coincided but even then I'd never spend that kind of cash on a shoe much less a Nike product. So where does this passion for the Yeezys come from, his amazing agility and maneuvering while performing on stage?....

I'm not looking to judge anybody, I really just wanna say..."oh ok, I guess that makes sense"....

To be honest, I don't know how to answer this question. Exclusivity I guess?

I got the plats because I don't have any grey shoes :\

Last edited:
I agree on the exclusivity factor. Some people like what others don't have. Not an I'm better than you thing, but some people just like to stand out from the rest.

diffeteng strokes for different folks. The majority of people wouldn't even consider spending $200 for a pair of "tennis shoes" while a lot of nters do it weekly(or more). Some people spend 100k on a watch which makes the 8k for yeezys seem like chump change. It's all about personal taste and how much money you have. If u r a millionaire and don't give a **** about your money you'd drop the 8k just like you would buy a bottle of water at the supermarket. Now if u worked all winter for that 8k you'd really take your time exploring your options(unless you just wanted to flip for more cash, which is possible if all three are authentic).

if i bought the 3 id flip em tbh

the problem im debating is the speculation on if the red octobers drop or not

as thatll affect the market value

i already had solars and plats if the red octobers drop i know i can get a pair for retail

but if they dont release that 5k will end up being a steal and i could eventually flip em for more

and as someone said different strokes for diff folks people spend more than 8k on a watch what makes it any more different

at this point ill prob just hold off and cop a cuban or jesus piece or something else

my gut feeling is telling me the ROs will eventually release

hopefully im right
ohwell.gif

:lol: maybe dudes are a fan of kanye west? Maybe they're just really good looking sneaks? Maybe it's their money? Idk...

3k for both

but keep in mind id have to buy the red octobers as well for 5k

so all in all im dropping 8k and get 3 pairs of shoes 1 of which aint even my size
if your looking for all three.. thats bout as good of a deal  you'll get.. but if the RO do release.. you could be a little upside down,, but if they dont.. you have a solid deal (if you got it to burn)  

another option, find someone who may want a pair that you may not have to have, and have them get in on the deal helps cut your cost a tad... If those Solars a 9/9.5 i'd jump in with ya
happy.gif

I completely get where your coming from but this line of argument can be taken on pretty much most of the exorbitant items we spend money on in life.

What does even spending $200 on a nike item do for us, same as spending $8,000, a whole lot of nothing.

I've noticed with some people its not even about actually owning the shoes, its about the lust and chase to hoard items other people want whether its yeezys or cars or homes.

Although he spent 8k on three shoes, which I think is stupid, how can any of us come at him? when our collections have caused us to spend thousands of dollars! A lot of us are well pass the 100k mark in sneaker purchased or what our collections is worth.

If you see something wrong with him, you really see something wrong with you. What does Yeezy do for you?..Hell what does Jordan do for you, Kobe, LeBron, KD, Penny, Melo, CP3...the answer is the same for all..not a got damn thing! But you buy the shoes though.

Im growing up and settling down so I'm in the mist of a "shoe collector mid life crisis" and I just look at my closet and say "How the hell do I have all these shoes"..85% of my collection doesn't even get worn. What am I really saving them for? what are they really doing? Why did I give Nike so much money?

So at the end of the day to each his own, but stuff is progressing and we all spend or have spent a sizeable amount of money on shoes. I just hope those dudes spending 8k on shoes have some type of financial security. I just don't understand people who can spend 8k on shoes and either live at home, have no savings, etc. Not saying that's him, its prolly his deployment money though :tongue: :wink:

Although $200 is a ridiculous price it's still reasonable from the stand point of a performance shoe that will have extended durability. Even then between waiting on sales, using coupons and discount codes, it's awfully rare I ever pay retail for a shoe. I don't have a huge collection, I think I'm down to 20 pairs at this point. I play basketball in my shoes so in essence they actually do something for me and add to my performance on a comfort and protection level. Not to mention they can endure the beating I put on them being 6'6" 270lbs so that price spread over the life of the shoe can almost equate to $60 a year for a great performance shoe. I have physical proof Lebron's performance line helps my knees, back, and feet while hooping. None of this can be said for the Yeezy shoe which is kinda why I don't understand the need or want to spend THAT much money on them.

By no means an I "coming" at anybody, we all have our vices. Confidence plays a HUGE role in life with any and everything we do so unless you sincerely believe having Yeezys on your feet is going to improve your mix downs in the studio, increase your chances of pulling a Kardashian type female at your local Panera Bread, or perhaps help your delivery and cadence in the booth what's the positive having these shoes adds to life that warrants spending that kind of cash? 8k is a hefty price to pay for confidence...

I'm not watching his pockets, not questioning his purchases. I want to know the reason he can comfortably spend 8k on three shoes made by Nike Sportswear and be like "That was a good deal..." Because maybe I'm missing something. I don't want to be out of the loop...

If a shoes market price(what it sells for on the regular) is let's say 10,000

And you happen to come across it for $8,000

It's still a good deal. Whether u think it's frivolous or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom