• Home (Pure Platinum)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Aunt Pearl

Votes: 86 16.8%
  • Liger

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
Very mixed feelings about the shoe.
I like the look, style of them & really want to love them & make them my game shoes for this season but after a shooting session in them last night I just wouldn't feel safe playing competitive games & runs in these shoes.
They are super light & comfy feels like your wearing just socks, but then that's the shoes downfall too.
Absolutely no ankle support at all, and the grip/traction from the sole is just like wearing socks. Slippy. Thin.
Shame as I do want to start using these especially as my second pair is on the way too.
Looks like I will be sticking to playing in my KD V's or even start to Un-Deadstock some of my IV's.

Got training tomorrow night so gonna do warm ups & shooting in them but once we start scrimmage i don't think I dare risk it so will lace up KD V.
For me the KD V is the best so far in the KD line for basketball.

2 things...
have you tried any KDs pre KD IV? I heard they performed much better and all were mids
IVs probably don't provide much more support than the VI if you are complaining about no ankle support. IVs also have narrow soles which could mean less traction right? (question not a statement right here)

2 things...
have you tried any KDs pre KD IV? I heard they performed much better and all were mids
IVs probably don't provide much more support than the VI if you are complaining about no ankle support. IVs also have narrow soles which could mean less traction right? (question not a statement right here)

Yeah I have & used to wear the KD 3, they are now my outdoor shoe Iv worn to play in this summer.
I wore the KD iv for a whole season indoor, playing in the OKC away, Easter, Orange, and one pair of my Aunt Pearls. The grip in the iv was great on a clean floor and although they are just slightly higher than the vi they feel in a whole different world to support and padding to the vi.
With the iv the cushion of the tounge made you feel a little more safer.
The KD vi is such a better shoe for comfort and light weight than the KD iv but has zero support & padding it is just like wearing socks and gives as much safety as playing just in socks no joke.
The KD 4,5,6 are all narrow.
KD 3 just your basic basketball shoe really can not say anything great or bad.
KD iv looks good, are lows but still provide some support, but not a comfortable shoe, especially with the 2 strips of plastic from the strap running down in the shoe under arch in foot. Brake in period takes a fair few sessions.
KD V may not look as good but are the best KD I have had so far. Super grip, support, break in period is 2/3 sessions max.
Now the KD vi feels great from the moment you put them on light weight, comfortable, they feel Iike they don't need to broke in at all, but traction is rubbish compared to previous KD shoes, and support -- what support.
I strongly feel they are injuries waiting to happen. I want to play in them but I think I'm chicken!!!

Last edited:
^^^ gotcha. I personally would rather hoop in hyperdunks than KDs. KDs seem to be more cosmetic than performance shoes and its kind of odd to me since the Kobe line is pretty much the same price as these but are known to be better on the court. when the KDs were sub $100, price point could be an excuse for the lack of tech. at $130, one would expect to get a little more out of the shoe.

Yeah agree100%. I own Kobe 5,6,7,8 all Deadstock Recently sold the Olympic 7 as they just looked as solid as a pair of Timberland boots but all the shoes just seem to be made for the court.
If I could match a Kobe to these KD vi I'd put them up against the Kobe v but still the Kobe is levels above with padding & support.
I'm in the UK so price is even higher I paid £105 for the VI.
All my KD v where £120.
I will try these out again tomorrow at training if my thoughts change or traction seems to get a bit better with wear il post.
I wanna love these but I think I gotta out safety before looking good haha.

Saw on a perf. review that someone trimmed the inner-foot side of the tongue so these would fit more snug (could be laced tighter).  Anyone try this by chance?

Thinking of doing so with my SPs...

I played 8-10 games in them and can't wait to get back on court with them.

Of course people have different preferences, but I thought the traction was great after wiping.  I have to wipe every shoe I have where I play, from Adidas Rose 3's to Nike Hyperdunks to CP3 VI's.

I didn't have any problems with fit or support and felt completely secure for the entire time I played in them.  I felt confident moving full speed in all directions.  But I'm used to playing in lows and would take a good low over a good mid any day of the week.

Now I do think there is room for improvement, but it would be a tradeoff.  This shoe to me is built for speed and cushioning, it's ultra-minimal with forefoot and heel air.  So you get a shoe that acts like a second skin with solid cushioning throughout.  The tongue is super thin and the laces are going to dig in eventually, but that won't happen for several games at least.  That also happens with every shoe I have, it's bound to happen when playing 3-4 hours at a time.

Of course people have different preferences, but I thought the traction was great after wiping.  I have to wipe every shoe I have where I play, from Adidas Rose 3's to Nike Hyperdunks to CP3 VI's.

I didn't have any problems with fit or support and felt completely secure for the entire time I played in them.  I felt confident moving full speed in all directions.  But I'm used to playing in lows and would take a good low over a good mid any day of the week.

Now I do think there is room for improvement, but it would be a tradeoff.  This shoe to me is built for speed and cushioning, it's ultra-minimal with forefoot and heel air.  So you get a shoe that acts like a second skin with solid cushioning throughout.  The tongue is super thin and the laces are going to dig in eventually, but that won't happen for several games at least.  That also happens with every shoe I have, it's bound to happen when playing 3-4 hours at a time.
Hey would you mind posting pics of the pair you balled in? Some people mentioned creasing and was wondering how bad it really was, thanks in advance :smile:

I know NT is crazy about shoe pics, even on feet and after wearing, but I quit taking pics of shoes a loooong time ago.  I'm too lazy.

They do crease though, I mean, they look like shoes that have been played in.  Creases, scuffs, compression marks, all of that.  Some shoes don't look like they have been played in (like my Rose 3's), but the KD VI isn't one of them.

Nice assessment -- I suppose it goes with being used to lows, but I also feel very secure in these.  Great freedom, yet plenty secure and supportive.  

I'm guessing FTL found a small stock or they're returns but they seem to have sizes 7.5, 9, 10.5, 11.5 in the meteorology pair. I added to cart and it seemed to work.

They seem to show the meteorology pair, nyc 66, meteorology in that order, and they have different product numbers.

Last edited:
Still no release date on the grey/gold/mint? **** they're probably gonna be limited then? :smh: Only pair I'm looking to cop man.

Picked these up today for retail at a certain known Nike retailer (not a mom and pop). I'm not sure if homegirl didn't know that they don't release for 2 weeks or didn't care. But they were on the shelf so I copped and asked no questions. Actually I asked if I could buy more than 1 and she said no but she said if i come back i can get more.

I'm very pleased.

I'll take more pics after work.

View media item 559645

^Need those!  Maybe I should check my spots to see if they mistakenly got em out early haha

I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to purchase more than one, I mean they put them out so they should be fair game

i'm glad fnl is getting them bamboos... i told myself i was gonna take a month off, but if i can get them bamboos with a wc coupon i just might 

Back
Top Bottom