OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Kobe 9 insoles fit perfect and feel great

Hey guys, it might seem a little dumb but would using my Kobes for the first time have much effect on the vertical? I actually have a vertical test on Monday and not sure I should wear my Kobes which are unbroken in or use my old shoes. Would that have any negative effect on my jump?

If you're used to jumping in low tops you should have no problem. If not, just make sure to get a good warm up in before you start. I remember a few years ago when I busted out my first pair of Kobe 6s for a vertical jump test after having played in high tops all my life. Because I was already used to the feeling of jumping in lows from playing volleyball in court shoes, I wasn't as tentative about my jumping as I would have been had I never trained in lows before. In the end I saw a very slight increase in my vertical in Kobes as opposed to higher and heavier models. I imagine the 8s would work the same way
Yeah I've been playing volleyball with low tops all the time, currently using asics volleyball shoes. They are really heavy for playing shoes though, I feel like my vertical isn't as good with those, so debating If I should just use my Kobes for the test.

Yeah I've been playing volleyball with low tops all the time, currently using asics volleyball shoes. They are really heavy for playing shoes though, I feel like my vertical isn't as good with those, so debating If I should just use my Kobes for the test.
alot of the guys on my volleyball team got the 8 last year.  i never got around to getting them this year and it's a bit too late now, so i went with the zoom crusaders (which i personally enjoy).  all of the dudes raved about the 8's and had nothing negative to say.

I was at a volleyball tournament last summer and about half of the people there were wearing Kobe 8s to play, including myself. And I've also seen some men on the USA volleyball team wear them in the Olympics so I'm sure it's safe to play in them. 

Going to Orlando sometime this week, planning to hit up the Nike Outlet to see what I can find. May get lucky.

Going to Orlando sometime this week, planning to hit up the Nike Outlet to see what I can find. May get lucky.
Don't hold your breath, I've never seen anything good Kobe related there. Plus you have to deal with all the mouth-breathing Disney tourists.

Last edited:

Don't hold your breath, I've never seen anything good Kobe related there. Plus you have to deal with all the mouth-breathing Disney tourists.
My outlet always has his apparel. As far as shoes I've only ever seen the Dart Frog purple and gold they had in stock for months in the past.

Yep my outlet always has clothing but only shoes we get in last 3 years were purple/yellow dart frogs and Blackout kobe 6... you think SoCal stores would get more love. ik citadel had blue light 8s

Yep my outlet always has clothing but only shoes we get in last 3 years were purple/yellow dart frogs and Blackout kobe 6... you think SoCal stores would get more love. ik citadel had blue light 8s
I remember reading here the Area 72's were at Viejas outlet in SD as well. Sulfurs hit some outlets but none near me.

Anyone know any places or people selling the kobe elite black in a 11.5 still? Lost a bid on the bay by $2 that's been pissing me off all weekend

Nike cancelled my WTK shirt I ordered last week. Still got some other gear coming in but had a feeling since 3 other items got shipped and WTK shirt was still processing.

Nike cancelled my WTK shirt I ordered last week. Still got some other gear coming in but had a feeling since 3 other items got shipped and WTK shirt was still processing.
Hit up nike.com chat rep for a 10% discount code...i got 1 last time they cancelled one of my orders

My NikeID XDR 8's after 2 months of outdoor play.

I play around 3x per week on a tennis-court type surface as a guard.

"Xtra Durable Rubber".. 
roll.gif

Sad thing is, these are the best feeling shoes I've ever put on. The weight, cushion, and it looks freakin awesome. Really wish they would create some sort of blade pattern for Kobe 8's, because I think even the GC's won't hold up that well on outdoor courts (even with their thicker traction pattern)

Back
Top Bottom