OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Man. you should of took it easy at the first sign of wear. Poor Kobe 8id. Have you tried the Venomenons out? you should have just gotten a pair of those to beat around.

Man. you should of took it easy at the first sign of wear. Poor Kobe 8id. Have you tried the Venomenons out? you should have just gotten a pair of those to beat around.
I kind of thought "meh, they're XDR" and forgot about them, then one day I was taking them off and noticed the wear and well yeah.

I took a look at the Venomenon's, not sure if I'll like them. No local stores stock them so I'd have to order online, and based on reviews they're a heavily watered down version of the 8's right?

Do all Venomenon's come with XDR or is it only certain models?

Last edited:
My NikeID XDR 8's after 2 months of outdoor play.
I play around 3x per week on a tennis-court type surface as a guard.

"Xtra Durable Rubber".. :rofl:

Sad thing is, these are the best feeling shoes I've ever put on. The weight, cushion, and it looks freakin awesome. Really wish they would create some sort of blade pattern for Kobe 8's, because I think even the GC's won't hold up that well on outdoor courts (even with their thicker traction pattern)

daym!!!they're pretty beat

Yeah i believe all of them have the XDR. But you can get most of them with 20% off at eastbay.com when they do the promotion. they do it 2 to 3 times a month. And you will end up paying only $100 give or take. Save the ID's for indoor use. Well thats what these shoes are made for so we can't be complaining.

That was you! :evil: :smh: jk bro congrats I fell asleep , I've been randomly going into a deep sleep lately and woke up refresh the page and they were gone.

hahaha where'd you miss it from? got mine from a local shoe group on fb.

Was able to get these DS Sulfurs for 140 shipped of eBay. Was happy to double up!

Nicely done. Man being big footed is a gift and a curse at the same time. you get them cheap shoes when you can find them. 

But we can't even have certain colorways made in our size... like the Sparks.

Guess that's the curse...

I thought there was a wealth of knowledge on this site. Ive heard only 600 pair of wtk 8s were produced but everytime i ask i just get some smartass answer or nothing at all?

I thought there was a wealth of knowledge on this site. Ive heard only 600 pair of wtk 8s were produced but everytime i ask i just get some smartass answer or nothing at all?
How are we suppose to know how many were produced? Well I have no clue. This thread isn't as visited as once before. Majority have migrated to the 9's never to be heard from again.

Broke these out for the 1st time yesterday. Got a lot of looks and finger points.

Nice shot of them, hate those laces, though.

I actually forgot I even owned them until I saw this pic, :lol:

Maybe I'll break them out tomorrow, :pimp:

Anyone know where I can still get the black/gold elites? Ive tried numerous websites and ebay but haven't been able to find a pair. thanks in advance

@hahaitme  I have a pair with xdr for iD as well.  Tried to warn people it isn't true XDR.  Don't know why I didn't just return them, but I ended up using them outdoors anyways. They have worn down quickly as expected. 

Bogus ish from Nike...

curious how the GC pairs have held up outdoors for others as those are noticeably thicker

This thread isn't as visited as once before. Majority have migrated to the 9's never to be heard from again.
It makes me sad to see how this thread has come to a crawl.  

For me, the 8's are my favorite Kobe Model.  They represent the last season in which Kobe was at the peak of his powers.  The season where Kobe showed us that at age 34, he was still one of the best players in the game.  The season where he silenced the doubters and haters, the people who said his skills were in decline.  The season that was a disaster, a total mess, but Kobe used everything he had in order to ensure the Lakers secured a playoff spot.  

The season where he had arguably the best dunk (Yes, even better than DeAndre over Knight or LeBron over Terry).

All this, he did, wearing the beautiful Kobe 8's.

Back
Top Bottom