**OFFICIAL NIKE TECH FLEECE/TECH KNIT THREAD** - SEE FAQ on First Page

Busy weekend so I could only get to the mall for a little but today but Champs has all their old season Tech Fleece Jackets and Pants 50% off in store. $55 still a tad bit high since I already had all the core pants I wanted except Midnight Navy. However, if you luck up and find any of the Move To Zero/Tech Fleece Revival units get a price check. I knew they had been on sale before and these were $36 (they’ll have the little print around the zipper and for the Nike Logo)

12033F39-C961-4E08-B8A6-1577ACFA7BB9.jpeg

Fitting Room was closed but I tried on the new jacket and it was garbage. Looks more old-school but just as thin as the last ones and the lack of cuffs is blatantly weird. I do need XL Tall and tried on 2X so I’ll try again before I pass 100%

Last edited:
Saw the "new" tech fleece when I picked up the Jordan's yesterday.

Same stuff. Nothing really new about it IMO.

I’ll buy a Windrunner when they put elastic cuffs on them again. They put them on the women’s version… why can’t they put them on the men’s?!

cuffs AND zippered pockets.....

do the new tech fleece still have the double zipper?
They still have the 2-way zipper but the pocket zippers have the wide ones that they use for the pants and it doesn’t flow right. Like dragicon dragicon said, the women’s is a return to perfection visually - I have no idea why they screwed with the Men’s.

Even the OGs that are releasing on 8/26 - the IG video with the Product Line Manager says they brought it back stitch for stitch despite the retro clearly lacking cuffed wrists.

The new old version def feels softer. Still can’t justify paying full price for them.
That was really the only difference I liked about the old TF was that it was soft. But yeah if I wasn't tryna pay retail back then, I ain't doing it now lmfao.

I was thinking over it and feels like it just makes more sense to hunt down the older styles at this point than pay inflated retail price for subpar product. For me personally, the old XXL fits me fine but the new gen jackets are weirdly baggy so I have to get the hard-to-find Tall sizes.

On a hunch I pinged an eBay seller I bought from before to see if he had any random stock left and lo and behold he had a few XXLs in the OG Windrunner. If you wear a 2X it’s a great deal - https://www.ebay.com/itm/175861298363

Got the "new" tech fleece in.

Put it on and fell for it.

Thought I would be sending it back but I'll keep it.

Bought the Polar colorway. Was hoping for something closer to Carolina Blue but I'll take it for now. Might have to off load some of my older sets.

The pants listed now are not the same as the ones coming on SNKRS. So they went back towards OG but the ones on SNKRS are truer to OG? 🤷🏼‍♂️

There's a reason why 2015-2017 was the peak of Tech Fleece: it was actually fully functional.

It had drawstrings on the hood when it was needed for windy days or a better fit around the head. It had cuffs to keep the hands mobile and free and it could keep the sleeves up when rolled up. The hoodie/jacket collection was also a bit more durable and there was a nice variety from the classic AW77 to the popular Windrunner to the fresh funnel neck and cardigan.

These new ones have forgotten true fundamentals of a hoodie. Maybe that's intentional to benefit the other hoodies to sell just as well like the Solo Swoosh and the Club Fleece collection.

The first drops were absolutely 🔥

Were you able to grab any of the stuff that released pre 2015?

The first drops were absolutely 🔥

Were you able to grab any of the stuff that released pre 2015?

I did! I went all in on the Nike Tech line honestly at that time. I didn't buy every single piece, but I bought a few pieces from each seasonal release starting with the original release from 2013. The first release was good, but it had great improvements in 2014-2015 and went on 'til 2017 and it's went downhill since.

Only ones I have left now are 4 or 5 of the 2018-2020 Tech Fleece hoodies that will be gone eventually. I wore my first black one religiously to where it faded (I actually posted about it here), bought a second one, and that faded too (except it faded faster).

Last edited:
I was in the Dentist chair so missed it. There are no Tall sizes so passing on the hoodie, which I was inclined to anyway because it doesn’t have cuffed wrists (there is a DS OG in my eBay watchlist for $60 cheaper anyway).

I think they did an artificial sell out on the pants considering all the sizes left on the other pieces.

Yea weird they didn’t make tall versions. Guessing that means they arent mass producing them. Usually they at least make tall versions in gray and black colorways.

I was in the Dentist chair so missed it. There are no Tall sizes so passing on the hoodie, which I was inclined to anyway because it doesn’t have cuffed wrists (there is a DS OG in my eBay watchlist for $60 cheaper anyway).

I think they did an artificial sell out on the pants considering all the sizes left on the other pieces.
Nah pants are gone. Plenty of tops left. Guess people didn’t wanna drop 150 for the hoodies/sweatshirts

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom