OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD V THREAD: ELITE

LL
454143600_red_nike_zoom_hyperdunk_2011_tb_sneaker1.jpg

:rolleyes

the only problem with the kd v is the swoosh placement. why nike continues to do the same damn swoosh placement is beyond mind boggling...

remember back in the day when nike sig shoes use to slowly but surely be more about the design instead of the swoosh?

if this were the 90's none of these sig lines would have the big swoosh placed on the side like every other model... the only shoe this year who changed was the lebron x

jesus i sound like uncle rico from napolean dynamite :lol:

They've always reminded me of the first Nike Hyperfuses, but that Hyperdunk comparison is pretty on point too.
soxvgh.jpg

15zfd5.jpg

the only problem with the kd v is the swoosh placement. why nike continues to do the same damn swoosh placement is beyond mind boggling...
remember back in the day when nike sig shoes use to slowly but surely be more about the design instead of the swoosh?
if this were the 90's none of these sig lines would have the big swoosh placed on the side like every other model... the only shoe this year who changed was the lebron x
jesus i sound like uncle rico from napolean dynamite :lol:

Zoom generation placement had me like ??then :smokin

I don't understand why the strap is gone... I thought that was a nice 'trademark'. These arent wack.... Just doesnt look like a signature shoe. Nothing individual about em.

Sad when dudes that been out the league for years get better.sig shoes than the NBAs leading scorer for the last 3 years..

I don't understand why the strap is gone... I thought that was a nice 'trademark'. These arent wack.... Just doesnt look like a signature shoe. Nothing individual about em.
Sad when dudes that been out the league for years get better.sig shoes than the NBAs leading scorer for the last 3 years..

I think it's interesting that the evens in the series had a strap while the odds didn't...

KD is the one who didn't want a strap on the V's. He mentioned it on a youtube video a few months back.

These look average, nothing special and borderline horrible. Glad Nike allowing me to save more money. Definitely a major step back from the IVs in terms of being stylish and design

These look average, nothing special and borderline horrible. Glad Nike allowing me to save more money. Definitely a major step back from the IVs in terms of being stylish and design
seriously i thought ppl were looking at pics of another shoe or something. look def not as good as the ivs

looks to be lacking ventilation. only source i see would be those thing strips under the swoosh.

I agree with whoever said that these dont look like a sig shoe. They look really nice and I can see myself getting a pair and that away colorway is really nice, but theres nothing about the shoe that really makes it standout and say "this is a Kevin Durant sneaker". I know it doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things but still, something I picked up on when i first saw the pics.

Last edited:
These are decent but definitely not one of those shoes you buy almost every colorway of like how the 4s were. The 4s were more visually and casually appealing but I'm sure these will perform better. But since these look like similar shoes made in the past, it would be like collecting hyperdunks/hyperfuses but with KD's name on it and slight tweaks. I was hoping for something more innovative but being a KD fan, I can see myself copping a few pairs but nothing like the 4s where I bought 12+ with doubles and triples

Hopefully I'm wrong but those are my first impressions from what I've seen

^^^ Be patient I'm sure your going to change your mind about the V's I'm POSTIVE they have some very strong colorways and themes coming...

why do these Buzz Killingtons keep coming in here with the same "these are ugly"/"they look like Hyperdunks/Hyperfuse" comments? we get it, YOU don't like them! this thread is for people who DO & are ready to go ham when these hit NikeID/cop multiple pairs @ their local store

go outside & read a book or something

These are bulky and look super heavy! I really enjoyed having the low top feel that was light with the KD4's. Will not be copping even 1 pair of these for retail. Ill wait till Ross, or The Rack gets them.

the lacing system make these look like some boots from the top view which isn't bad imo but the side view just looks like another "hyper_____"(fill in the blank).

Back
Top Bottom