official Notorious movie thread 1/16/2009- BROOKLYN YALL DID IT! STAND UP!

Originally Posted by Untitled

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by N1K3B4LLER

info on the multi colored shirts biggie was wearing?
This guy must be very young or just jumped on the "bandwagon"
grin.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
i can't believe son didn't know what that was......
laugh.gif

redBlack_MAIN1.jpg
ACF85C.jpg
ACFA59.jpg
ACF83F.jpg
greenbase_MAIN.jpg

What site is that from?

Originally Posted by KAM WINSTON

I was reading an article in which the main characters likenesses that were used in the film (Faith,Kim,Cease..etc.) were only paid $5,000.

Is that the standard rate?
I refuse to believe that.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Originally Posted by KAM WINSTON

I was reading an article in which the main characters likenesses that were used in the film (Faith,Kim,Cease..etc.) were only paid $5,000.

Is that the standard rate?
I refuse to believe that.

dont quote me but i believe its 5000 plus a percentage of the royalties

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

As the movie started I really couldn't believe I was watching a motion picture on my favorite musician. I'm 29 now so I had a 1st row seat to Biggie's cultural impact during my high school and college years.

Where do I start; the directing, acting, accuracy.... everything was simply"on point". Angela Basset sounded exactly like the lovely Violetta, the woman has played MJ's mom, Tina Turner, imo one of the greatest actresses black or white. Derek Luke rapped just as bad as Puffy
laugh.gif
, rocked the hottest gear and was on point as I said before, could use some tweaking but he was a stellar salesman like we've seen Sean do. Wow, shorty from 3LW, plump boobies and when she spit those sexy verses
pimp.gif
. My favorite star Gravy honored my man right, the charisma, smoothness, confidence, unbelievable.

Notorious could have benefited from another 30-45 mins in length. I think they spent too much footage on his younger years to establish that mother-son bond, however, they absolutely rushed his musical impact. They did nothing for Life After Death and when Juicy hit the scene back in the days...oooooooooh, I hated how they rushed the billboard charts and cut to the autograph signing scene. Biggie was more than that, he put the East back on the map. They needed an MTV Kurt Loder segment or show dudes hating on him for the champange/versace glasses/music sampling. I think a viewer that didn't know Biggie, really couldn't get a strong sense of how unique he was on the scene. They did a nice job of showcasting how vivid his lyrics were and his phenomenal story-telling abilities.

Movie was dope, they got all the drama right & I actually learned a few things. Hope it makes $25mil plus so we can get some more Hip Hop movies. The only way to do that is to go out and support the flick.

Loved:
The GS300
Lil Cease being the ultimate groupie (he really was around 15 back then)
The sex scene (wow was that an eye-opener) I wish she would have said, "you Kentucky Fried eating @#$#"
Faith's tattoo (could have used another 10 lbs)

Hated:
people bringing kids to movie...(#%#)
people laughing everything Puffy danced....(so annoying he was a dancer in Heavy D's video & has always been dancing)
Puff telling Big he's getting $5 million out of $42mil and the audience laughing...(nobody knows the music industry, that's mad money for an artist)

Great movie tho.
biggiesandboxfh1.jpg

Yo nacho we might share the same brain man. They definitely need another 1 hr to movie. They made big seem like an average artist they dont understand theimpact he had on a coast, fans, hell even his rap peers. Definitely missed many key points to the movie.

Did extremely well. Being that it was rated R and only open in 1,600 theaters. Per screen average was insane. 13,000.

[table][tr][td]TW[/td] [td]LW[/td] [td]Title (click to view)[/td] [td]Studio[/td] [td]Weekend Gross[/td] [td]% Change[/td] [td]Theater Count / Change[/td] [td]Average[/td] [td]Total Gross[/td] [td]Budget*[/td] [td]Week #[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]N[/td] [td]Paul Blart: Mall Cop[/td] [td]Sony[/td] [td]$33,800,000[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]3,144[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]$10,751[/td] [td]$33,800,000[/td] [td]$26[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]Gran Torino[/td] [td]WB[/td] [td]$22,235,000[/td] [td]-24.6%[/td] [td]2,972[/td] [td]+164[/td] [td]$7,481[/td] [td]$73,232,000[/td] [td]$33[/td] [td]6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]N[/td] [td]My Bloody Valentine 3-D[/td] [td]LGF[/td] [td]$21,900,000[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]2,534[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]$8,642[/td] [td]$21,900,000[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]N[/td] [td]Notorious (2009)[/td] [td]FoxS[/td] [td]$21,500,000[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1,638[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]$13,126[/td] [td]$21,500,000[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]N[/td] [td]Hotel for Dogs[/td] [td]P/DW[/td] [td]$17,707,000[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]3,271[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]$5,413[/td] [td]$17,707,000[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by CWrite78

gran torino
indifferent.gif

QFT

watched it opening night here in seattle. which was kinda weird, especially when they had the people explain which coast was the best coast. Overall, goodmovie, Angela Basset was on point, sounded exactly like BIG's mom. It was the first movie i saw w/ a cop chillin in the back of the theater tho. Kind ofodd. Oh well

Originally Posted by MarkyMark25

Originally Posted by CWrite78

gran torino
indifferent.gif

QFT

watched it opening night here in seattle. which was kinda weird, especially when they had the people explain which coast was the best coast. Overall, good movie, Angela Basset was on point, sounded exactly like BIG's mom. It was the first movie i saw w/ a cop chillin in the back of the theater tho. Kind of odd. Oh well

[color= rgb(204, 153, 0)]cops were everywhere when we went, monitoring the lines and everything.[/color]

Originally Posted by RellNye

Originally Posted by DMasta718

Court street on Friday
912253f5dc27914428a79d1c9f68a7cd0a79772.gif

Had to go to Manhattan to see the movie
smh.gif

But it was good.
pimp.gif
roll.gif
What'd I say? The line wrapped around the Barnes and Noble?
It was up to the Barnes & Nobles door
laugh.gif
. Decided to just get off line and check the times.
f2125fb5ce24d1cb29e7430e6ae5e2c287fd151.gif
was sold out for the night. Dude said it would be sold out till Saturday at 2pm.
smh.gif

Saw the movie opening day and i loved it!! They didnt show it at my local theatre so i had to drive to another one 30 mins away!!!! Ole boy that played puffyhad his dances down to a tee!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I think if it was at more theatres wit woulda did a lot better.

wow, great box office, and it wasn't playing at the largest theatre in North Jersey. biggest Fox Searchlight film opening ever.

Back
Top Bottom