official Notorious movie thread 1/16/2009- BROOKLYN YALL DID IT! STAND UP!

I thought the movie was corny as hell. Lmao @Lil Cease... What the f***?! Come on now... How's he gonna be 16 for the whole movie?

Originally Posted by Face82

It was a cool flick. I can't believe dude is dead!

Man when he dropped that "Who shot ya" this big chill just went thru my body. I was like hells yea !!!
Everybody was rappin every verse. The man was a God. I wudnt give a #!% about a Jay z if dude was still kickin it.
smh.gif
^ Ain't that the truth.

BIGS MOM Interview.

Originally Posted by DMasta718

Originally Posted by RellNye

Originally Posted by DMasta718

Court street on Friday
912253f5dc27914428a79d1c9f68a7cd0a79772.gif

Had to go to Manhattan to see the movie
smh.gif

But it was good.
pimp.gif
roll.gif
What'd I say? The line wrapped around the Barnes and Noble?
It was up to the Barnes & Nobles door
laugh.gif
. Decided to just get off line and check the times.
f2125fb5ce24d1cb29e7430e6ae5e2c287fd151.gif
was sold out for the night. Dude said it would be sold out till Saturday at 2pm.
smh.gif
roll.gif

Yo !%$% Paul Blart. *!$%#%*# #$* movie.

Notorious is a must see IMO if you are a fan of hip hop or from Brooklyn. I got chills up my spine watching that movie. I used to see dude all the time in myneighborhood. St. James and Fulton is NOT Bed-Stuy, it is Clinton Hill. That was before it was good to live there though. Naturi Naughton had Lil Kim down to atee. Her performance was good. Angela Bassett had me thinking Voletta Wallace was on the screen herself. Gravy as BIG is that dude. Anthony Mackie hadTupac's mannerisms down and everything. Puffy
pimp.gif
, Craig Mack
roll.gif
, Lil Cease
laugh.gif
and Faith
eek.gif
pimp.gif
devil.gif
. I ain't gonna lie when Big got killed I was crying alittle. If you knew how much of an impact dude had on people from Brooklyn you would have known how I felt. I remember my dad telling me that he got the phonecall at 6:00 AM from his mans when BIG got shot. There were some parts that were rushed but overall it was a good biopic. It wasn't too long or too shortwhich is something that hurts a lot of films like this.

4/5

RIP Christopher Wallace. Wish him and Pac were still alive today.

I thought the movie was corny as hell. Lmao @Lil Cease... What the f***?! Come on now... How's he gonna be 16 for the whole movie?

indifferent.gif
I'm from Cease's hood, dude looks the same todaylike he did 10 years ago. Its not that hard to see why they had him in the film like that.

great movie...

might go see again tomorrow..

did anyone else notice they had a new vette and benz in the scene where puff bought mutliple cars?

lil kim had some nice ( . ) ( . )'s

Movie was ILL--definitely made me sad at the end cuz I never was into Big; so it kinda opened up my eyes to his personality, and all the stuff he wassaying/doing tryna be a better father and flow about different things. __'s always gotta stop you when you about really break out.

However, being a girl, one thing I was HELLA into was his relationship wit' KIM!?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I honestly had no idea it was that deep, and it was prolly deeper. The last person he called before he died!?
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
I'd love to see more insight on what happened between them--she waspractically there from day 1.

Man i thought this movie was gonna be horrible, but I had to give it a chance, and I was not dissapointed at all. I had to damn near hold myself back fromcrying like 100 times during the movie. I thought the flick was great in mostly every aspect. I wish he was still alive today.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

did anyone else notice they had a new vette and benz in the scene where puff bought mutliple cars?
laugh.gif
I seen that... and the scene where they get into a car accident, they show a shot of the traffic and I saw my model Accord(03-05) ahead ofBIG's ride.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

The studio session scenes are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

NIKEBALLER: how you gonna hijack this thread?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

However, being a girl, one thing I was HELLA into was his relationship wit' KIM!?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I honestly had no idea it was that deep, and it was prolly deeper. The last person he called before he died!?
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
I'd love to see more insight on what happened between them--she was practically there from day 1.

Rumor has it that Kim aborted his baby

A Hov movie
laugh.gif

Not many people outside of NY are going to want to watch a Hov movie.
What, are they going to show in RD where he's talking about selling coke/hustling, to American Gangster(more than a Decade later) where he's stilltalking about selling Coke/hustling?
laugh.gif

Rapper motion pictures won't work unless the rapper is dead.

Im gonna go manana after work.... My peoples went on friday but I went to sleep mad early .. I guess the production was on point cuz everybody is giving itgood reviews... glad to hear that

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

MarkyMark25 wrote:

CWrite78 wrote:

gran torino
indifferent.gif

QFT

watched it opening night here in seattle. which was kinda weird, especially when they had the people explain which coast was the best coast. Overall, good
movie, Angela Basset was on point, sounded exactly like BIG's mom. It was the first movie i saw w/ a cop chillin in the back of the theater tho. Kind of
odd. Oh well

[color= rgb(204, 153, 0)]cops were everywhere when we went, monitoring the lines and everything.[/color]

N_'s were gettin shot out here Friday night in lil suburbs just outside Los Angeles
indifferent.gif

Dudes straight wildin'

I just got back from it earlier tonight, hella Po staked out

#*%# and i flamed dude who said #*%# was gonna go down the day before release
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
I'd love to see more insight on what happened between them--she was practically there from day 1.

Rumor has it that Kim aborted his baby
you know I was lookin' for that scene...and they promptly left it out
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Which wouldn't be hard to tell...I don't recall seeing a rubber in any of their sex scenes
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Did extremely well. Being that it was rated R and only open in 1,600 theaters. Per screen average was insane. 13,000.

[table][tr][td]TW[/td] [td]LW[/td] [td]Title (click to view)[/td] [td]Studio[/td] [td]Weekend Gross[/td] [td]% Change[/td] [td]Theater Count / Change[/td] [td]Average[/td] [td]Total Gross[/td] [td]Budget*[/td] [td]Week #[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]N[/td] [td]Paul Blart: Mall Cop[/td] [td]Sony[/td] [td]$33,800,000[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]3,144[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]$10,751[/td] [td]$33,800,000[/td] [td]$26[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]Gran Torino[/td] [td]WB[/td] [td]$22,235,000[/td] [td]-24.6%[/td] [td]2,972[/td] [td]+164[/td] [td]$7,481[/td] [td]$73,232,000[/td] [td]$33[/td] [td]6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]N[/td] [td]My Bloody Valentine 3-D[/td] [td]LGF[/td] [td]$21,900,000[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]2,534[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]$8,642[/td] [td]$21,900,000[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]N[/td] [td]Notorious (2009)[/td] [td]FoxS[/td] [td]$21,500,000[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1,638[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]$13,126[/td] [td]$21,500,000[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]N[/td] [td]Hotel for Dogs[/td] [td]P/DW[/td] [td]$17,707,000[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]3,271[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]$5,413[/td] [td]$17,707,000[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]1600 theaters.
smh.gif
Imagine the numbers if itreleased in 3000+

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Originally Posted by henz0

Was way better than I expected it to be.

Kim's breastesses and crotch
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
fixed
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

super fixed
I dont think I have ever seen anything like that stage flash in a mainstream flick....
pimp.gif

I enjoyed it...

Film was far from perfect but I thought that they did Biggie justice

I really enjoyed the part where he was in the studio doing "Sky's the Limit" and he was like "I did it, I'm the greatest"
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom