official Notorious movie thread 1/16/2009- BROOKLYN YALL DID IT! STAND UP!

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

What happened to the dude from the Wire playing Snoop Dogg.
and Wood Harris playing Nas
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by heyson

Man i thought this movie was gonna be horrible, but I had to give it a chance, and I was not dissapointed at all. I had to damn near hold myself back from crying like 100 times during the movie. I thought the flick was great in mostly every aspect. I wish he was still alive today.

QFT i thought i was gona walk out on this movie but it was great!
pimp.gif

i liked the movie a lot, the story was what it is and of course i'm not disappointed in that respect but there are A LOT of things they could have donebetter. first off, casting. how in the hell they gonna play pac n diddy like that. i swear i didn't think that dude was diddy till the last few minutes ofthe movie when they're leaving the club. dude didn't look/sound/act like pac at all, nuff said. another minor flub, not noticeable to most (annoys mecuz i'm semi into film) the younger B.I.G. is a lefty while the adult is a righty. outside of that the movie was pretty solid, can't complain. stillcan't believe he's dead

blah!

I agree they did Pac real wrong, but it is a BIG movie so I won't get all bent about it
I thought Puff was on point (not looks wise, but the way he acted)
roll.gif
@ Lil Cease

overall I enjoyed the movie, WAY better than I expected. I'm sure many details were left out but it turned out fine, movie was pretty entertaining and thedude who played BIG really surprised me. off the commercials I thought he would fail but he was not that bad

btw, Lil Kim was
pimp.gif

her first scene really caught me off guard
laugh.gif

This is a movie I would buy on DVD just to re-watch and actually pay attention to ALL the characters. It kinda sucked cause all the major events that happened,I knew the outcome.
**BTW that scene were faith beats the mess outta that chick is priceless!

Originally Posted by jay kickz till i die

i liked the movie a lot, the story was what it is and of course i'm not disappointed in that respect but there are A LOT of things they could have done better. first off, casting. how in the hell they gonna play pac n diddy like that. i swear i didn't think that dude was diddy till the last few minutes of the movie when they're leaving the club. dude didn't look/sound/act like pac at all, nuff said. another minor flub, not noticeable to most (annoys me cuz i'm semi into film) the younger B.I.G. is a lefty while the adult is a righty. outside of that the movie was pretty solid, can't complain. still can't believe he's dead

blah!

yea Pac was bad and they showed a c6 vette and a new E350 i was
laugh.gif

40 minutes through and so far so good.

As hard as it was to stop watching , I did.
I'll peep the rest in theaters soon.

They could've gotten someone better to play lil' cease though
laugh.gif
c'mon...homie didn't age the whole movie

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I enjoyed it...

Film was far from perfect but I thought that they did Biggie justice

I really enjoyed the part where he was in the studio doing "Sky's the Limit" and he was like "I did it, I'm the greatest"
pimp.gif
yeah that part was dope gave me chills

Just got back from seeing this and I was disappointed, it really sucked to me. It started off really good though but they made Pac look like an idiot.

When i heard jay i was amped to see who played him but no show, same for snoop, i was waitng to hear him say, "east coast got no love for snoop dawg"lol

but other than than movie was ehh, lil kim was on point, the seen when pac came in the hummer was priceless,

So who killed pac and biggie?

Originally Posted by Twig1026

They could've gotten someone better to play lil' cease though
laugh.gif
c'mon...homie didn't age the whole movie

Lil Cease looks exactly the same as he does now and 10 years ago.

Damn they was really trynna keep this movie down. They were actually not letting anyone buy more than one ticket per person and the had jakes at the gatechecking everyones IDs....Meanwhile theyres movies out with twice the violence and little *+$ kids were gettin in ...

N's is wilin' in here...

The purpose of this feature film was to give insight to B.I.G.'s life for the individuals who weren't all too familiar with his work or the type ofperson that he was. I believe that Ms. Wallace did a great job showing the type of person B.I.G. was through the stories that SHE always told to the media fromher perspective, not from rumors or stories made up...

I see no point of having neither a Hov or Nas scene. I'm pretty sure that if Hov played an integral role in B.I.G.'s life, then they would'veportrayed that somehow. People are askin way too much for the type of film that it was. If people wanted to see more, then they should cop a DVD that givesmore info and rumors, etc on his life...

The movie was way better than what I expected. All the actors did a very good job, esp. Gravy...

I thought that dude that played Pac did OK. Sure, he didn't look like Pac... but his actions definately reminded me of Pac at that particular time...

This N'a Puff prolly had Derek Luke in some "Making the Band 1" dance sessions to get the dances down right. I swear he danced in every scene,I'm suprised they aint have him dancing at the funeral...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

roll.gif
at B.I.G.'s diss to his pops...

The only thing I thought was missing was a portrayal of Ma$e, and maybe The Lox and Black Rob, but other than that, the movie was on point...

Back
Top Bottom