Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

How do you guys know what cologne is appropriate for certain weather?

There's only one season year round down here in South Florida......summer.

Gourmand based, tobacco, powdery scents are generally colder weather scents.

Fruity and florals are generally warmer weather scents.

Again, this is just a general observation

I think you guys are right.
I'm just beasting to try out all these cold weather scents I've picked up.
Gonna go with Creed MI.

I'm in a similar boat living in Central FL... which is why I'm not stocking up on many winter scents, but I've still got some for when it does get cooler. A night in the 60s will be my "cold weather scent" time. It's also just a general feeling.. something like Dior Homme Intense just feels way too heavy for 80-90 degrees. Whereas something more floral, fruity, or aquatic would make more sense in the hotter weather.

Pure Wood for me tonight. This would be a signature for me if it was a little stronger. One of my personal faves. I feel the need for at least one bottle of the Pure series, but might go with Havane.

Diptyque Philosykos
View media item 1132856
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Diptyque/Philosykos-3865.html

5ml $11.50
10ml $18
20ml $32
30ml $45
50ml $72

as always pm me with the amount you want and your paypal address

Serge Lutens Five O'Clock Au Gingembre
View media item 1144458
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Serge-Lutens/Five-O-Clock-Au-Gingembre-2764.html

10ml - $18

Bond No 9 Hamptons
View media item 1144459
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Bond-No-9/Hamptons-3257.html

5ml - $11.50
10ml - $18
20ml - $33
30ml - $46
50ml - $73

Creed Erolfa
View media item 1144460
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Creed/Erolfa-4248.html

5ml - $11
10ml - $17
20ml - $30
30ml - $42
50ml - $64

as always pm me with the amount you want along with your paypal address

What cologne shops should I check out in Paris?

Man, Le Printemps on Hausmann blvd has everything you could ever ask for. There are like 40 Guerlain boutiques but the official one is on 68 Champs-Elysées. Creed official boutique is right around the corner from there also, along with Hermes, Dior etc.. I would stay away from boutiques because they refuse to let you Rome and sniff freely. Le Printemps/Galleries Lafayette have all the major brands, niche and indie houses under one roof. You can spray away without being hassled. Always ask for samples and if you spend more than 180€ as for the tax exempt form. Le Printemps gives you back your taxes before you leave.

There are a few perfumerie also, Google Nose.fr they have a lot of indie/houses to sniff out. They are walking distance from Hausmann blvd, but I forgot the address.

Last edited:
Is it weird that I trust Fragrancenet with Virgin Island Water & Milliseme Imperial but I'll only get Aventus from Nordstrom? I'm gonna use a friend's discount which brings it slightly under $300 shipped. I guess I don't really care about blowing $140 on a risk.

What's the risk really? Why not just get it straight from Creed, because I can promise you any reputable fragrance retailer uses the same handful of distributors.

It's been crickets in here all weekend. Lol, I guess everyone is enjoying their holiday. Like 20+ people are receiving packages from me by tomorrow, I'm eager to hear ya'll thoughts on Herod and everything else.

I like Herod, reminds me of spice bomb if you strip away all the synthetic stuff. Might roll with this for the winter months.

True, I get Spicebomb quite a bit too, I hate to mention that because it feels like I'm doing Herod disjustice. Spicebomb on its own is dope, so many other frags with the same vibe tho in the designer game and a few others in the niche market.

What's the risk really? Why not just get it straight from Creed, because I can promise you any reputable fragrance retailer uses the same handful of distributors.

It's been crickets in here all weekend. Lol, I guess everyone is enjoying their holiday. Like 20+ people are receiving packages from me by tomorrow, I'm eager to hear ya'll thoughts on Herod and everything else.

Well for one VIW or MI aren't worth retail in my opinion so I don't really mind getting a grey market bottle from Fragrancenet. I never see people question their authenticity only Aventus.

just stepped on a 10 ml i grabbed from the baise the other day, and  it and busted every where 
laugh.gif

it fell of my dresser some how 

Back
Top Bottom