Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

It's official, I'm a dad! My daughter Hunter was born this afternoon, 8 lbs 9 oz. I'm in love!!!
Congrats!!! 
nthat.gif

Thanks guys! Got our first taste of no sleep last night, I think I stayed awake until 4am just watching her breathe. It's truly amazing.

Wait for the night when you get atleast 3 hours of sleep. You'll wake up in a panic checking to see if your baby is still breathing. Lol

Officially changing daycares next week. It's been a long time coming. Been using a friend of the family's old daycare woman and she's sweet but she's basically another grandmother, except there's like 10 kids in the house with bare minimum supervision.

We ended up going with her because she was the most affordable one but at this point my girls need to be not only really being supervised but also learning something.

Plus I can finally start getting reimbursed for my childcare cause the previous woman wasn't filing the income on her taxes so she was coming up AT LEAST $5k+ a month off all them kids tax free. I ain't never wanna snitch so bad in my life

repped

my daughter turns 4 in June

shoot some ideas of activities and such

did a My Little Pony theme last year...thinking maybe Candy Cane Lane this year

you plan on something big?

well my wife and i were talking about how the kids were good to go ... had a whole park to themselves basically, jumper, goody bags filled with toys, candy etc. wife made 47 goody bags by hand too, there were a ton of kids :wow:

i bought chik fil a, in n out, amc tickets and lucilles gift cards and a patron bottle from costco and held a raffle for all the guests who came out and it was a blast man, a little giving back to the adults. :smokin

i went all out on food ... had an elote man (corn), chinese food, pizzas, chips, a taco man. missed out @Lpheat22

congrats to all the new dads.

feeling blessed my daughter got accepted to our kindergarten school of choice, went through the whole intradistrict transfer and the school is rated 9/10 compared to the 5/10.

Last edited:
Officially changing daycares next week. It's been a long time coming. Been using a friend of the family's old daycare woman and she's sweet but she's basically another grandmother, except there's like 10 kids in the house with bare minimum supervision.

We ended up going with her because she was the most affordable one but at this point my girls need to be not only really being supervised but also learning something.

Plus I can finally start getting reimbursed for my childcare cause the previous woman wasn't filing the income on her taxes so she was coming up AT LEAST $5k+ a month off all them kids tax free. I ain't never wanna snitch so bad in my life

Hold up..

You didnt claim your day care cost on your taxes because this lady told you she didnt claim any of her earnings?

you plan on something big?
Not as big as yours

Depends on how many kids from school come...don't know if we'll send invites to every kid in her classes...she's in pre-k but there's also kids in another classroom for wrap around care

We're thinking a park but not sure in case it happens to rain on the day we do it

Wait for the night when you get atleast 3 hours of sleep. You'll wake up in a panic checking to see if your baby is still breathing. Lol

Truer words have never been spoken haha

I remember the first time my son slept for 8 hours. I woke in such a panic I accidentally elbowed my wife on the head dashing to the bassinet.

Truer words have never been spoken haha

I remember the first time my son slept for 8 hours. I woke in such a panic I accidentally elbowed my wife on the head dashing to the bassinet.

Lamaze Classes have me all f'd up in the head for SIDS that I wake up to do this multiple times every night too, just making sure they're still breathing.

qOaG_f-maxage-0.gif

I still wake up to check on my daughter. Normally she moves around a lot. But one the nights where she stays still, I always put my hand on her stomach to make sure she's breathing.
laugh.gif

Hold up..

You didnt claim your day care cost on your taxes because this lady told you she didnt claim any of her earnings?
Nah, we get reimbursed throughout the year but she has to sign and fill out docs with her social and such and we get the money back after a pay period or so. I was able to claim it in my fed taxes. I like my money on my check not once a year

5 more weeks till my wife is full term...then its go-time at any minute

gonna be #2, first girl....got our 3 year old son pretty excited too :D

side note - Los Angeles Los Angeles your name looked mad familiar...looked up my old stuff and i guess you were one of my first buy/sell transactions on nt cuz you were at the top of my "reference list" back in the day :lol: sup fam?!

Back
Top Bottom