Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

repped

my daughter turns 4 in June

shoot some ideas of activities and such

did a My Little Pony theme last year...thinking maybe Candy Cane Lane this year

you plan on something big?

well my wife and i were talking about how the kids were good to go ... had a whole park to themselves basically, jumper, goody bags filled with toys, candy etc. wife made 47 goody bags by hand too, there were a ton of kids :wow:

i bought chik fil a, in n out, amc tickets and lucilles gift cards and a patron bottle from costco and held a raffle for all the guests who came out and it was a blast man, a little giving back to the adults. :smokin

i went all out on food ... had an elote man (corn), chinese food, pizzas, chips, a taco man. missed out lpheat22 lpheat22

congrats to all the new dads.

feeling blessed my daughter got accepted to our kindergarten school of choice, went through the whole intradistrict transfer and the school is rated 9/10 compared to the 5/10.

I know bro. My bad we missed out, my boys took me out for my 30th and I was done the next day. Those tacos would've been clutch too. My girl and daughter would've loved it. Next one I'm there for sure. Let's hit up a dodger game. I think I'm taking my daughter to her first one either this month or next month.

Posted this in the other dad thread, figure I'd leave it here for the soon to be dads as well. You're in for a hell of a ride fellas, in the most positive way possible! Yes there's going to be sleepless nights, changing a ridiculous amount of diapers, even change in your relationship with the wife/gf but they way your heart is filled the moment your son/daughter is born is indescribable. That's why I relate to this song so much and want to do anything and everything possible to raise my son the right way. Enjoy!

#NTOGs

good to see everyone thriving man, :lol: damn i use to buy / sell a lot back in the day man bringing me memories

with that said today i turn 32 :pimp: , been on NT since i was 19 :wow: man life comes at you fast

Last edited:
Be over? That's just the beginning. Lol.
laugh.gif
 for real, you guys have stepped an inch into the mile 
laugh.gif

:lol:  for real, you guys have stepped an inch into the mile :lol:

for real... LOL

They don't even know what's about to happen fam....

start preparing for a lot of restless and sleepless nights....

ever since my daughter was born, I really haven't rested well since. I mean, i've slept but not that gooood sleep you know? always worrying about something (maybe that's just me).

she's only 3 now, but i worry about her, not like if she's ok sleeping at night, but stuff like her future, if i'm doing OK as a dad, if she's 'ahead of the curve', etc....

My little one is getting minor surgery tomorrow

Tubes in her ears and adenoids are infected

She was seen by ENT Monday because she has had four ear infections in a row

They said earliest opening they had was in June but they would try to get her in sooner

We were extremely surprised when they called yesterday saying Thursday but really glad...my wife is just really stressed out about it

blessings and good vibes go out to your little princess [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]

sounds about right, they usually run 400-500/per week.

Im so blessed to not having to go that route man

I get what ya mean but I meant more about the pregnancy pains and aches. I'm already not sleeping much lol.

Btw my girl's mucus plug just came out...tomorrow was supposed to be her last day of work but just made that call and had to bench her for the rest of the season.

How much y'all paying for daycare?

Just found out I'm dropping 2400 a month

$256 a month at the best daycare you can here, on base. It's income based so we went by my bm's income at the time since mine would have put us in a much higher teir. Then they do family involvement days where like if you come and do arts and crafts or whatever the activity is for that session they take $10 of your biweekly bill

I got 4 more years of paying this money and I can't wait for it to be over

At the same time my girls will start regular school both my trucks will be paid off. Looking like almost 3k will be open/month

Idk if any of y'all paying & not getting the tax credit but it's the damn worst. This lil dude gotta hurry up and grow & get the hell up out my pockets :lol:

Idk if any of y'all paying & not getting the tax credit but it's the damn worst. This lil dude gotta hurry up and grow & get the hell up out my pockets
laugh.gif
Wait till he get a lil older and start taking 20 minute showers or brushin' his teeth for 4 minutes with the sink on full blast, or leaving every light on in every room he has ever entered and exited

These kids some leeches lol

used to pay $1900/month for my son when he was 3 months old to almost 3. switched schools and we pay $1200 now but he's also in kumon, swimming, and this ninja class that's kinda like gymnastics. eventually i wanna put him in jiu jitsu.

This would be me writing them checks every month
That is definitely my wife, since she writes the checks haha

It's tough at times because my mom watches both my sisters kids, and would probably watch mine too. But she also cares for my grandma, who has early dementia and required lots of physical helps. Adding a 3 year old and 1 year, to me, just seems like much.

Back
Top Bottom