Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

used to pay $1900/month for my son when he was 3 months old to almost 3. switched schools and we pay $1200 now but he's also in kumon, swimming, and this ninja class that's kinda like gymnastics. eventually i wanna put him in jiu jitsu.

More info on this ninja class :nerd:

Thanks everyone!!

I'm happy we're going to have help because I don't like Day cares plus they're expensive. Some of ya are spending my whole monthly salary on day care fees [emoji]128563[/emoji]

Its crazy expensive..when my daughter was born i started working part time around my wifes schedule. She makes good money but dosent have much flexibility.
Also just started doing uber and im averaging about 18-19/hour.

In some cases you can acutally save money by having someone stay home with the baby

Last edited:
In some cases you can acutally save money by having someone stay home with the baby
Yeah, this is true. My wife and I decided that she should stay home and raise our daughter while I work. So far, it's worked out well. Budgeting plays a big role and not buying random crap like I normally do lol

Baby boy due in about 6 weeks.

Y'all got me a lil nervous with these damn day care bills. Gonna have to switch up some **** for sure.

i want the Sequoia for size but I did find a mighty clean 2012 4runner for the LOW w/ only 42,xxx miles

may jus go that route 
My wife has a 2006 4runner and it's still going strong. I bought a Tundra over a year ago before my daughter was born. When we are done paying the truck off, we are going to upgrade my wife to a new 4runner with that third row option.

I miss my 4runner. From the hells of the Rubicon and back... That thing was a beast.
qx2cli.jpg

Guys... currently my wife has an '06 Jetta.

Since we're expecting #2 in September, she wanted an SUV (nothing too big) and was thinking of a CRV.

Our budget for the CRV is around $10K or so.

It'll fit the newborn carseat (i'd prefer for it to be in the middle) and the toddler carseat in the back comfortably right?

As for me, I'm going to sell my '99 GS300 and get a Pilot. (my budget for that is around $15K).

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.....

Last edited:

Since we're expecting #2 in September, she wanted an SUV (nothing too big) and was thinking of a CRV.

It'll fit the newborn carseat (i'd prefer for it to be in the middle) and the toddler carseat in the back comfortably right?

As for me, I'm going to sell my '99 GS300 and get a Pilot. (my budget for that is around $15K).

we lease a brand new CRV for $200 a month and love it. it would be perfect for the newborn and toddler. nice features on the car also as far as phones/music.

It might be a snug fit, but space is enough with the configuration you want to do.

CRV are supposedly really reliable. What year are you looking to get?

I was considering on getting a CRV, but I didn't like how 'high' it sat. So we ended up getting a Mazda CX-5. Love it.

Can someone give me some insight on a balance bike.

I want to get it for my sons 3rd birthday. They have different ones ranging from $60 to $160. I just need help on what to look for when buying one.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated..
You can always take the car seat with you and put it in the CRV and see what it looks like. That is what i did with a Tacoma i was almost thinking of getting. 

Can someone give me some insight on a balance bike.

I want to get it for my sons 3rd birthday. They have different ones ranging from $60 to $160. I just need help on what to look for when buying one.
You're going to want the strider sport: Amazon product ASIN B00J9471SW
It will go up to 5 years old. I can't speak about the other brands, but my 3 year old loves his strider, and just started getting the hang of pushing off and balancing on it. We got him the classic when he was a little over 1 years old, and maybe i should get him the next version up.

Dropped off my Princess at daycare this morning with the wife and snuck out while she was busy playing in a car.
i was told not to do that even from a very early age. i guess it's so the kids don't develop some kinda anxiety when you disappear all of a sudden. it is what it is though. that drop off drama can really suck. when my son was 3, there was one day he didn't want me to drop him off so i finally got him to let go of my leg and he yelled super loudly "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND DAD, THIS PLACE IS NOT SAFE!!!!" i was like jeez man i really feel like a POS. after a few long talks with him and my wife it was clear that he just didn't want to go to school and rather come to work with me all day.

ha! it's kinda like gymnastics except they do obstacle course stuff like american ninja warrior. they run around for 1 solid hour so it's def worth it for my wife and i :lol:

it would be perfect for the newborn and toddler.
you guys have another one on the way? :nerd:

Last edited:
meh as far as the drop off anxiety is a slippery slope

every child is different as is every adult

for some children its worse to coddle them and extend the dropoff... i unfortunately have a clinger haha 10 min goodbyes everyday

wouldnt trade it for the world though

Dropped off my Princess at daycare this morning with the wife and snuck out while she was busy playing in a car.
i was told not to do that even from a very early age. i guess it's so the kids don't develop some kinda anxiety when you disappear all of a sudden. it is what it is though. that drop off drama can really suck. when my son was 3, there was one day he didn't want me to drop him off so i finally got him to let go of my leg and he yelled super loudly "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND DAD, THIS PLACE IS NOT SAFE!!!!" i was like jeez man i really feel like a POS. after a few long talks with him and my wife it was clear that he just didn't want to go to school and rather come to work with me all day.

ha! it's kinda like gymnastics except they do obstacle course stuff like american ninja warrior. they run around for 1 solid hour so it's def worth it for my wife and i :lol:

it would be perfect for the newborn and toddler.
you guys have another one on the way? :nerd:

I been trying man! So far no dice :rolleyes

I might need to visit Dr Arakawa and get dem injects :evil:

enjoy the 10 min goodbyes guys....

my daughter was like that, then all of a sudden she was like "daddy, i'm not gonna cry at school today'

I was thinking in my head like yeah ok....

next thing i knew, we gave each other a kiss goodbye (this is when the crying usually started) and she went to circle time with her friends.....

I was the one left cryin.... LOLOLOL

my 3 year old son has been watched by both his grandmas his entire life and definitely needs a boost in how to socialize with other kids and be independent from me and my wife.

we signed him up for half-day daycare and have our first real dropoff tomorrow (first couple days, we were there). its gonna be super tough for us but seriously next-level tough for him. lil man is seriously gonna cry all 3 hours he's there. :\

my 3 year old son has been watched by both his grandmas his entire life and definitely needs a boost in how to socialize with other kids and be independent from me and my wife.

we signed him up for half-day daycare and have our first real dropoff tomorrow (first couple days, we were there). its gonna be super tough for us but seriously next-level tough for him. lil man is seriously gonna cry all 3 hours he's there. :\
i feel you man. my boy been going to daycare/ preschool since 3 months old but he seems to relate better with adults most times. also, don't be surprised if he starts getting sick more often from being exposed to all the other kids.

i feel you man. my boy been going to daycare/ preschool since 3 months old but he seems to relate better with adults most times. also, don't be surprised if he starts getting sick more often from being exposed to all the other kids.

yeah pretty much know how it goes. during our visit damn near every single kid had the sniffles and saw a few wiping their noses with their bare hands lol.

it seems like a good school, though, got tons of good reviews and really made us feel at ease about the whole process. just hope he isnt traumatized while he gets used to it all lol.

That day care exposure is tough. Although my kids are pretty structured from it, we just got done with about 2 months worth on pink eye, hand foot and mouth, slap check disease, ear infections, and continuous colds. Took a big chunk out of my sick leave hours.

Back
Top Bottom