Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

CE67B59C-B8D3-4F97-B4CF-A7215DA41B87.jpeg

Just had my first 1/4/18, it’s literally life changing. One of the most amazing things I’ve ever accomplished. Just seeing her smile gives me motivation for everything.

Quick question -

Anyone recommend me a good camera? I literally know nothing about photography. Just want something with great quality. Price range under $500.

congrats man!

if you don’t know much about photography, i’d suggest a point and shoot: sony, panasonic, and canon all make good ones.

My eldest son is 15. This foolio think he a ladies man. Took his phone cause his Spanish teacher called and said he was saying non age appropriate words in Spanish with a couple clowns in class lol smh
Girls def mature faster!

Any insight would be appreciated: My girl is pregnant and I've read the the libido and her being tired is part of the process. Anyone have anything to offer as far as how the sex life was affected at all. It's definitely taken a hit in my current experience.

Hey ya'll... my daughter is 4 (turning 5 in May) and she's beginning to NOT listen to what I say whereas her mom shoots her a look and she falls in line QUICK.

WTH am i doing wrong here?!?!?!

I don't want to keep yelling at her but it seems like that's the only way she'll listen, but i don't want her to get used to me yelling where she falls deaf to that too.

When i yell i want her to KNOW there's a problem.....

Any insight would be appreciated: My girl is pregnant and I've read the the libido and her being tired is part of the process. Anyone have anything to offer as far as how the sex life was affected at all. It's definitely taken a hit in my current experience.

It usually goes by trimesters. My girls first trimester she was sick and tired so sex went down. Once the sickness stopped in the 2nd trimester it was on. Her libido jumped up high. I’d get home from work and she’d want to go at it right away. Just takes time man. Make sure you do your part around the house because that’ll give her some more energy for later.

Haven't checked in on papi gang in a while.

beautiful children in this thread :pimp:

Thinking about #2 next year, if not the year after when our son turns 5.

Stay blessed ya'll :pimp:

Hey ya'll... my daughter is 4 (turning 5 in May) and she's beginning to NOT listen to what I say whereas her mom shoots her a look and she falls in line QUICK.

WTH am i doing wrong here?!?!?!

I don't want to keep yelling at her but it seems like that's the only way she'll listen, but i don't want her to get used to me yelling where she falls deaf to that too.

When i yell i want her to KNOW there's a problem.....
First thing off the bat, check your tone. I think as parents we sometimes think our tone has to be super loving/higher pitched when everything is all good, and firm/super firm when there's a problem.

I've started to talk in a neutral tone with my son, and reserving the higher pitch tones for excitement/praise and obviously the firmer tones for when he's in trouble.

And I know this is a touchy subject depending on the parent but I also grew up getting whoopings so when need be, I'll light a flame under his behind. (with love of course, and only when its deserved. I told him to stop messing around the electrical outlet once and he didn't want to listen, so he had to get set straight)

But I've noticed, at least in comparison to when my girl talks to our son, I'm the one who gets across to him with little to no issues, and I really do think its down to how I'm communicating to him. He turns 4 next month, so we've been dealing with disobedience.

Also 2nd thing, I've also noticed my son doesn't listen when he's playing on one of our phones/tablets. I've had to completely restrict access because there's no getting through to him when he's hooked into those games/cartoons. When he's playing with toys or watching TV he's fine. Its something about the phone. So I would say if her attention is being drawn in by something else, try restricting access, giving her a diet on that item. I low key regret giving him such early access to these types of things, but he's gotten much better since I stopped letting him play with them. Now when he's playing a game and I call him, he'll put the phone down and come over. There's still some fits from time to time, but its getting better.

I feel you though, that feeling of losing control over your own child is irritating, and especially at such a young age, but what I've been learning is, its not the child's fault because they're learning more about themselves everyday. We've got to make sure we keep molding them and when we come across a difficult situation, we have to analyze what we're doing on our end that may be even causing the situation.

Gunna hafta smack her butt man, me and my wife its the exact opposite my daughters five about tonsix and has had 3 real spankings. I despise parents hitting children but when they disrespect and arnt emotionally capable of understanding the lesson they need to have a lil fear

Gunna hafta smack her butt man, me and my wife its the exact opposite my daughters five about tonsix and has had 3 real spankings. I despise parents hitting children but when they disrespect and arnt emotionally capable of understanding the lesson they need to have a lil fear

Sometimes its needed tho. All children aren't the same. I know for a fact, them *** whoopings I got as a kid were deserved :lol:

And I know that even though my girl hates when I do it, our son deserves when I pop his behind. I'm fine with playing the bad guy when needed. Go run to ya momma after, but I'm not the one :lol:

we just did the hospital tour yesterday and it made everything real now due date april 30 hopefully we make it to see avengers :lol:

Gentlemen...

Proud to say my wife gave birth to our beautiful baby girl (Siena) on 3/8...a wonderful 10 days early. 7 Pounds 9oz and 19.5 inches, doing lovely as we re-adjust to being up 3 times a night.

Unfortunately my wife was diagnosed with postpartum preeclampsia after we were discharged. We wound up being re-admitted to the hospital, through the ER no less, which with a 2 day old was not a calming experience, and stayed for 5 days. Luckily, they figured out the right dosage of meds and she's back home doing much better. It was terrible being away from our son for that duration especially since he had difficulty leaving us in the hospital after his sister's birth.

With my daughter Ive only had to actually do something like spankings maybe 3 times. I just let her know what it is and why and give her the lightest tap and she always says she sorry and does what she needs to

Back
Top Bottom