OFFICIAL OCTOBER '13 NIKE OUTLET/WEBSITE/STORE UPDATE THREAD - DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlets know what they're getting ahead of time. They have a inbound binder that lists all items coming in. Here's the catch, the inbounds only shows product number, or style code and color code. Unless you know all that off the top of your head, you won't know what the item is unless you look up the information. That's why it's easier to tell folks "I don't know what we're getting". Plus outlets get stuff everyday it would be near impossible to go through all the inbounds to match a product with the information provided in the inbound shipping list.

They're rare occassions when an outlet will get a surprise shipment, but even that isn't really a surprise. Corporate will email the store manager saying they'll get a special item , this is how we want you to display the product, this is how we want you to handle the release and etc. Corporate does indeed tell their managers to be hush about certain products, even to the point they have keep it a secret from the employees. A lot of times when people think managers are being shady, it's most likely because they're just doing what corporate asked.

The only time it would be a real surprise shipment is if it's store transfers or an accidental shipment. On the rare occasion corporate will be hush and just send something to the outlet, the employees obviously wouldn't know what they got until the item is processed.

As far as employees buying products before customers, at least in California, it's a no go. I have close friends that work at multiple outlets who were not able to secure themselves the fear IVs. I'm talking about seasoned employees too, like 5+ years working for Nike. I even know of one outlet releasing the Fear IVs on Saturday, that will not sell to their employees for the first 48hours.

Hope this clears up some of the "conspiracies" floating around.
Yeah everything you just said is correct. What people fail to realize is at nike with these big releases outlet and I believe brand stores as well employee's don't get first pick. They actually have to wait or pay full price. Being a former employee I never wanted to pay full price so I took the chance and waited it out unless a must cop and I had to wait in line like everybody else no extra love thrown my way at all for working at nike. On those days you are a regular customer. You can't hide anything with a release like that as well. Staff know what s on hand so it the system says 10 size 11 and we only rang out 8 and can't find the others that equals a problem Loss Prevention issues. Even if you just are trying to hide them for a day. Stashing is a BIG no no at nike. So with these releases yeah no they don't get a size run and hold for employees. Customers get first pickings. Always been like that and always will. Now im pretty sure people have gotten away with stashing something before. But its quite weird when you walk up to the front of the store as an employee with a pair of jordans that released earlier that day or even a couple days ago to buy when you know your store sold out of them. Cant speak for all managers but at all three nike stores I work that wouldn't fly.

was at aurora a couple outs ago, and they still have the gg ivs but the hgg were all gone. 

any info about the ontario outlet if there are any left? just want to know if it's worth the drive to head out there. thanks in advance.

any info about the ontario outlet if there are any left? just want to know if it's worth the drive to head out there. thanks in advance.
I heard they are tapped out.  There was a pretty long line there.

Did any outlets in CT get anything? Going up there for the weekend and i dont know anything around there lol

anything good at ontario mills today?  I might stop by there again in a few weeks, ill post the 411 if i go

Outlets know what they're getting ahead of time. They have a inbound binder that lists all items coming in. Here's the catch, the inbounds only shows product number, or style code and color code. Unless you know all that off the top of your head, you won't know what the item is unless you look up the information. That's why it's easier to tell folks "I don't know what we're getting". Plus outlets get stuff everyday it would be near impossible to go through all the inbounds to match a product with the information provided in the inbound shipping list.

They're rare occassions when an outlet will get a surprise shipment, but even that isn't really a surprise. Corporate will email the store manager saying they'll get a special item , this is how we want you to display the product, this is how we want you to handle the release and etc. Corporate does indeed tell their managers to be hush about certain products, even to the point they have keep it a secret from the employees. A lot of times when people think managers are being shady, it's most likely because they're just doing what corporate asked.

The only time it would be a real surprise shipment is if it's store transfers or an accidental shipment. On the rare occasion corporate will be hush and just send something to the outlet, the employees obviously wouldn't know what they got until the item is processed.

As far as employees buying products before customers, at least in California, it's a no go. I have close friends that work at multiple outlets who were not able to secure themselves the fear IVs. I'm talking about seasoned employees too, like 5+ years working for Nike. I even know of one outlet releasing the Fear IVs on Saturday, that will not sell to their employees for the first 48hours.

Hope this clears up some of the "conspiracies" floating around.
I'm very hesitant of conspiracies and other stuff people come up, so it's good to see some affirming information like this. Repped.

Are these B-grades (i.e. Fears, Black Grapes, Green Glows) being sold at the regular retail price or marked down to factor in the B-grade status?

Y'all gotta chill with PICK ME UP A SIZE _ posts. I deleted a few earlier. If you don't have the common sense to PM the person the. You deserve the penalty involved with the post.

Does anyone know if jersey gardens got anything and just sold out or did they just not recieve anything? I called and they said they didn't get anything which I understand but when I called Atlantic city they told me they had my size in stock. Just can't drive 4 hours.

retail price for b grade jordans 
laugh.gif
 i thought these were being sold at the outlets

I understand that they can't say anything over the phone so but when Atlantic city tells me they got em but jersey gardens said they didn't but they are both on the I just wanted to know if I should bother driving 2 hours. Not that crazy of a question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom