Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Awesome job on that ebay. I have a thing for textures in photography and I LOVE some of those shots. You could do a lot more with that series. One of the fewphotos I've posted in this thread was similar to that (looking down on an odd texture/design). Something about the symmetry (and sometimes lack thereof) ofthe ground and areas we see everyday is cool to me.

I FINALLY got my cam back from my brother. One month felt like one year. I feel naked without it now. It's crazy.
laugh.gif

^There actually are alot more, I have 24 shots/anecdotes to be exact. Those are just the ones I put together in that format for a critique in a photo class ofmine and those some of the better ones. I think there's far more than 8 that are good and I don't even know if I would say those the very best 8 but Ilike the flow of those and I only needed 8 for that critique so 8 photos it was...

ebay, you should have made that a .pdf (not that I know how but you should into it)

EDIT:
maybe a simple (next/last) html site with each page seperate?
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

^I've actually been sitting on that portion of that project for a couple of weeks now because i didn't know what would be the best method to put it onthe web. The OG illustrator file is 98mb as is the OG pdf that I had printed where the images are 10x10. When it comes to getting photography on internet in"acceptable" quality it's ##@%@!% frusterating to say the least, with downsampling images etc, it's just like I shoot medium format film fora reason and internet makes that not matter so much as far as how it shows up whereas in print it's definitely there without doubt.

^^If you want a "good" vignette buy a Holga, I can get you one for like $20 and change and then you won't even need photoshop at all.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ebayologist

^^If you want a "good" vignette buy a Holga, I can get you one for like $20 and change and then you won't even need photoshop at all.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I used to have a Holga, but I want the vignette to be sqaure, not circular.

Sup_

The lighting is pretty harsh for the food pics. The presentation is missing something maybe add some chopsticks or a flower to set it off.
Something similar to this.

B05%20thai%20food.jpg

or this

pad%20thai_2.jpg

But you cant go wrong with Thai food one of my favs.

Chicken satay and honey beef looks good! I am hungry now.

Peace.

thanks for the tips and advice ebay / realize.

went to the local skate park..

2409613088_b854343830_o.jpg

2409011141_b0f4ec0d8d_o.jpg

2409052635_4e3e4fde2d_o.jpg

2409885638_f000515c27_o.jpg

2409844910_75b3be54bf_o.jpg

2409779470_88335ecf97_o.jpg

first try at these kinda shots...and i know theyre not perfect....so yeah..

I love that last one, the flow & the contrast are beautiful. I dont know how your photos are so damn sharp & detailed!! lol

C&C please. I know her highlights are burnt a little.

thanks...but yeah i had to...otherwise his face on the first frame wouldve been covered...

like i said...first try...so yeah heh...

hehe im not perfect like ebay and j20 lol

Decided to do a quick tour of the Scottish Highlands again this weekend. Left yesterday lunchtime and got back about 7pm today.

You can get a lot done on your own - and no-one was complaining about me hanging around waiting for better light. I took about 300 pics altogether buthere's a small selection of them:

This is Loch Laggan - from the same location as I posted in January but I like this one better. Had to clone out a canoe near the horizon - they just keptappearing from behind those trees on the left and I wanted to get going.

w4qqv.jpg

This castle is the main reason I wanted to go - I've only ever seen it in pictures but I always thought it was cool - it's been in a bunch of moviestoo - Highlander was one.

I got there about 7pm as it's about 350 miles from where I live. I waited around for about 2 hours and got a variety of shots:

vxj5le.jpg

9915qo.jpg

2wgx3jt.jpg

Then I slept in a cheap bunkhouse - I was only there about 7 hours anyway - and got up early this morning.

This is Loch Shiel. Again, I've posted this view before but I like this one a lot more.

5fizcp.jpg

And then on to Glen Coe. I love these cows - they've got such expressive faces. I took a bunch of these sort of shots - all with my 50mm prime lens.

29617ww.jpg

2qc43yr.jpg

And these are a little further up the Glen.

14xlyrr.jpg

mrtuu8.jpg

And this is Buachaille Etive More or the Guardian of Glencoe.

2woesxw.jpg

That's it for now - I'll maybe show some more when I get them sorted out. I'm pretty tired now after driving 500 miles in the last 29 hours - andwhen I wasn't driving I was climbing mountains looking for a better angle.

I've been working on a big panorama of Glen Coe but I can't quite get the edges to match up.

If you want to see any of them bigger you can on my Flickr page.

Don't typically prefer vertical shots, but the first one posted "further up the Glen" is really nice. It's also nice to see straight horizons
smile.gif

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Do you guys use a regular camera bag or do you own a back pack that is designed for camera storage?

I bought a lowepro bag that fits my D40 with a lens, plus some other storage compartments for about $20.

We should do like a weekly theme sort of thing. people submit their pics and then they can be judged by others... just throwing out an idea.

^ I normally use a Lowepro Nova 3 AW. It's not too big, and I can fit it in my carry-on suitcase when I fly (pretty frequently). I can also carry it withmy backpack of books, and not be hindered by the size. I usually have to carry both when I know I'll be shooting an assignment after class.

Here's what it fits for me:
Canon 40D
28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS w/hood
35mm f/2 w/rubber hood
18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 (non-IS)
70-200mm f/4L w/hood
430EX
ST-E2 transmitter
charger
8 extra AA batteries
Card reader w/ cables
Small flashlight
3 CF cards
all my manuals
and some misc. stuff (flash accessories, rain sleeve, gray card)

So you can fit quite a bit in that bag for such little space. I totally recommend it.

For those who are serious, and don't like to carry cameras on the shoulder, look into the Lowepro Slingshot series. Very handy, stores a lot, and has aquick reach to the camera. Only downfall is that I hear the zipper breaks a lot.

Do you guys use a regular camera bag or do you own a back pack that is designed for camera storage?
I have a Lowepro Mini Trekker Classic. I probably have more stuff that the average NTer with DSLR but I doesn't strike me as very good idea to justput a $400-$500+ camera in your backpack just as is, especially one with highly sensitive electronics. When I get everything I sort of "ideally" wantfor my hassy I'm probably going to get pelican hard case just because I don't really carry my hassy around like a snap shot camera (I need to get acamera for doing that at some point... contemplating a Pentax67 or possibly going digital with like Nikon D40x) anyway so something bulkier but far moreprotective is probably better anyways...

I need my hassy looking like some @%+*$%* uber fancy and dripping swag type !#%# like this.
laugh.gif

00Gkzb-30296284.jpg

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

I bought a lowepro bag that fits my D40 with a lens, plus some other storage compartments for about $20.

We should do like a weekly theme sort of thing. people submit their pics and then they can be judged by others... just throwing out an idea.

605480_thumbs_up_with_clipping_path%5B9%5D.jpg

Good idea
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom