Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Does anyone here use neutral density filters or polarizing filters? If so would you be kind enough to show the difference between a shot with a filter and ashot without?
/

I love CaseLogic stuff - just the feel of them and they protect your stuff well IMO.

I have a large holster I keep my camera in and then 2 other cases - one for my prime lens and a few filters and a separate pocket I can get my charger andstuff in and the other with my flash and a few other accessories.

I've put little carabiners on so I can clip them all together - but just for carrying to my car and stuff. I don't carry them around like that.

I fancy one of those LowePro backbacks that fits everything now - but they're pretty expensive.

caselogicslrcameraholstsv5.jpg%5D

This just fits a D40 with the kit lens - and you can get a few things in the front pocket. They've released a bigger one which I might look at - I'dlike a longer lens but it would be a pain if it didn't fit in the case.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Do you guys use a regular camera bag or do you own a back pack that is designed for camera storage?

We should do like a weekly theme sort of thing. people submit their pics and then they can be judged by others... just throwing out an idea.
I have a similar but more "grand" idea that when the time is right I'll break out in full, but in the meantime thats a good idea.

You guys should throw out ideas as too what themes you want to use etc. maybe even make weekly assignments or something. make our own little class, haha.

Don't typically prefer vertical shots, but the first one posted "further up the Glen" is really nice. It's also nice to see straight horizons

Thanks, I just thought it was more interesting that way. Also, I think that Ansel Adams exhibit I was at a couple of weeks ago was influencing me.

Here's a horizontal version but I just didn't think it shows the same scale.

21a07zt.jpg

I was also using my hotshoe level all the time which helps keep things straight - although that Loch Laggan one still doesn't look right to me - I thinkit's just the shape of the banks - they're not even right to left so it makes it look at an angle. That's my excuse anyway.

TheNameIsDale - I like the poses but the 1st 3 look a little out of focus.

You guys should throw out ideas as too what themes you want to use etc. maybe even make weekly assignments or something. make our own little class, haha.

Great idea! We definitely need to take this thread to the next level.

Originally Posted by Purple Face

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Do you guys use a regular camera bag or do you own a back pack that is designed for camera storage?

I bought a lowepro bag that fits my D40 with a lens, plus some other storage compartments for about $20.

We should do like a weekly theme sort of thing. people submit their pics and then they can be judged by others... just throwing out an idea.

605480_thumbs_up_with_clipping_path%5B9%5D.jpg

Good idea
pimp.gif

brilliant, im down for that

Great idea on a weekly topic.

Nice shots KD. Loving the castle.

And i use this Lowepro Slingshot for my D40. Fits the camera, 3 lenses, speedlight flash, power cords, chargers and a few small accessories.

18-2035-IMG1.jpeg

And i use this Lowepro Slingshot for my D40. Fits the camera, 3 lenses, speedlight flash, power cords, chargers and a few small accessories.

I was actually looking at those last week - the only thing that bothers me about them is that I like to wear a pack on my left shoulder so I think that itmakes the entry on the wrong side - you have to swing it too far round to get the camera out.

They need to make a lefty version...

Originally Posted by kdwallace

I was actually looking at those last week - the only thing that bothers me about them is that I like to wear a pack on my left shoulder so I think that it makes the entry on the wrong side - you have to swing it too far round to get the camera out.

They need to make a lefty version...

yeah...its def made for right handed peeps. Even though the slingshot is great at taking the camera in and out of the bag without having to take it offyour shoulder, it does get heavy after while. Since i carry around 3 lenses, the thing tires out my shoulder.

2mpwfev.jpg

;
2pqkgzl.jpg

zxjwpy.jpg

This was all from the weekend. I tried to do a little of everything and realized that I suck at shooting in different styles. Props to Quick for the skateshots cause I only got this one of my friend and it's pretty bland. Plus I didn't really set up to do a lot of variations and different perspectives.But maybe with this themed style assignment, i can learn to shoot more universal......

Finally got that panorama to work. It's about 7 shots stitched - they were shot vertically to give a little more height to the final image. The final thingcould be printed about 5 feet wide which I think could look cool - might do one about 2 ft for my wall at work.

152yru9.jpg

And a bigger version if you want to see it.

358t0ra.jpg

question...what features does your camera have to have to be able to take a sequence picture that alot of Skaters...
i have this camera
canon_eos_400d_digital_rebel_xti11.jpg

ANOTHER SIDE NOTE FOR THIS CAMERA

what is the best settings to shoot indoor events with no flash...for example a concert or stage performance

sup,

never posted here in a while (ever since my car got broken into and my nikon d40 got jacked
frown.gif
) but i am getting a nikon d70 soon. any good or bad things onit? or should i go back to the d40...?

Originally Posted by Dunks206

sup,

never posted here in a while (ever since my car got broken into and my nikon d40 got jacked
frown.gif
) but i am getting a nikon d70 soon. any good or bad things on it? or should i go back to the d40...?

d70 is a great camera, my parents have one and i have used it plenty. i think overall it is very similar to the d40 but you can check it out atdpreview.com

Fong - the festival at Japantown was this weekend? Damn, i love going to that festival for the grub.

and that gym looks mad familiar. what school is that again? nice shots by the way. i think you need to focus on a type of shot and perfect it. most of yourpictures are interesting but i'm never quite sure what your subject is. Your pictures are always so busy. like the Japatown pictures....there's justtoo much going on and since you aren't focusing on a particular subject/theme, it just kinda blah. I'm not sure if i'm saying it right.

And KD, nice pano. Kinda weird that the only thing that caught my attention from that whole picture is the little white house in the middle. lol

Originally Posted by LA Fitted Hat 310

question...what features does your camera have to have to be able to take a sequence picture that alot of Skaters...
i have this camera
canon_eos_400d_digital_rebel_xti11.jpg

ANOTHER SIDE NOTE FOR THIS CAMERA

what is the best settings to shoot indoor events with no flash...for example a concert or stage performance
I never did one of those shots personally, but all it looks like is that dude took multiple
shots from the same spot while dude was doing his thing. And then put it together on
Adobe Photoshop. Not too complex. A tri-pod would be very useful as well. And make
sure to shoot with a fast shutter.

And about shooting indoors for an event, I would use a fast lens and a high ISO (not
too high since I assume you don't want that much noise (digital grain) in your shots).
But I think an external flash would help, not that I shoot indoors much but when I
do I really wish I had an external flash. Hopefully this helps, and if I'm wrong I'm sure
someone like eBay will correct me.

Back
Top Bottom